GoFundMe Scammers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Considering that she supposedly passed at Hope House or aria was Atleast under their care ( that’s what the mum said ) hence why she posted the pic of her sitting outside with all the donations of toys . Also , isn’t half of that just giving supposed to be going to Hope house because of what they did for them , that the mum Would have been offered counselling automatically ???
Note* Aria did pass at Hope House hospice ( apparently) family spent 2-3 days with her there before leaving

Reactions: 1
Donation page is still open although it has passed target and the donation is really slow. I wonder why she doesn't close it.

Reactions: 2
I don’t mean to be cynical but renais dad has done a story about ‘furniture shopping 🏡’ considering he was the beneficiary of the gfm its in extremely poor taste as they are yet to announce where that money went. Sorry but no.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I don’t mean to be cynical but renais dad has done a story about ‘furniture shopping 🏡’ considering he was the beneficiary of the gfm its in extremely poor taste as they are yet to announce where that money went. Sorry but no.
And just got back from another break away!

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Isnt this the third holiday since her passing? I understand he holidayed before all of this but 3 holidays in a year would cost an arm and a leg for anyone 🧐
Livin the high life like so many seem to do now. Sure he looked to have been someone who had holidays however 3 already . I hope he at the very least has supported Renais mum with the money . Also Arias just giving is still open ?? Wonder when they will donate that as it says

Reactions: 6
It says the page will be closed in 8 days so let's see then. The last donation was on Dec. 24.

Livin the high life like so many seem to do now. Sure he looked to have been someone who had holidays however 3 already . I hope he at the very least has supported Renais mum with the money . Also Arias just giving is still open ?? Wonder when they will donate that as it says
If you think about all the people that you know who have saved to buy most of them limit nights out, take outs etc just to save extra money each month. They certainly don’t go on 3 holidays a year because it would dip too much into the savings pot

Reactions: 3
Sorry this may have been discussed but I don’t understand the thought process behind someone giving money to a go fund me account?
I automatically assume it’s a scam

Reactions: 4
Sorry this may have been discussed but I don’t understand the thought process behind someone giving money to a go fund me account?
Before Ashley Cain & Saffiya’s I used to enjoy giving to random Go Fund Me’s because I felt I was helping direct instead of giving to these huge charities that don’t really do much however now my eyes have opened and now I automatically assume it’s a scam also unfortunately.

Reactions: 9
I came across threads for two Irish cancer sufferers who both have received a lot of GFM donations. Jem How (https://tattle.life/posts/13192789/) who was going back and forth to Mexico for some enema based treatment but still seems to be collecting money and organising raffles etc long after she’s stopped going.

And there’s Shannon Joyce (https://tattle.life/posts/13218763/) she raised I think £200k in a GFM and said that whatever was left over after her treatment, she would donate to another young family in the same boat. You won’t be surprised to hear that didn’t happen, but she has recently set up her own candle business and is refusing to answer legitimate questions as to why she didn’t keep her word.

Shannon’s threads have a bit of a plot twist too - a Tattler (herself suffering from cancer) messaged her and received unpleasant responses, which had an impact on the Tattler obviously. The Tattler in question had said going to see Coldplay was on her bucket list so some other Tattlers asked for her PayPal details so they could chip in and she was able to go. I’m a cold-hearted cynic and as a reader of the Ashley Cain threads, I decided a long time ago that unless I knew the person personally, I wouldn’t donate to GFMs again, but it is good to see that not everyone is as jaded as me.

Reactions: 8
I read this whole thread yesterday after coming across it via the Ashley Cain threads.

What I don’t understand and wondering if there are any legal bods know, is why these GFM scams are not considered illegal / fraud? There must be some legal technicality because other scams defrauding people are illegal aren’t they?

I know some GFMs are cheeky like the IVF one or the Disney holiday for a family who just can’t afford it themselves, but at least they are transparent and if people still choose to donate to them then it’s up to them.

I saw PP say that they will only donate to justgiving because it goes direct to charity but you still have to be careful with them, because they now also have a crowdfunding option that goes direct to whoever it’s for. So please still read carefully. I only realised this when I saw one set up for Hollie Dance/Archie Battersbee with ‘emergencies’ as the category!

C6A12FE4-0DAD-4AD1-8262-842A3802F5AE.jpeg
097B9654-5884-4053-8460-A018D37ED902.jpeg

So where has the rest of the money gone that Arias mum raised? Crazy!!!!! The problem is with GFM you are not forced to donate so as soon as that donation is made it’s a choice I suppose. GFM will never take it further as they also benefit from a percentage of the donations to

Reactions: 11
So where has the rest of the money gone that Arias mum raised? Crazy!!!!! The problem is with GFM you are not forced to donate so as soon as that donation is made it’s a choice I suppose. GFM will never take it further as they also benefit from a percentage of the donations to
How much did she raise

How much did she raise
The recent just giving was the first “fundraiser” that they weren’t the recipient for . The just giving went well over what they wanted and have donated . The rest of the monies from the hundreds of different fundraisers would be well in excess of £150k . With multiple multiple GFM and Just giving set up they were rolling in dough . The main GFM got almost 80k alone .

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I can't speak to countries with civilized national healthcare, but there are some insurance companies in the US actually advise patients to try using GFM to raise money for their out-of-pocket costs. I work in specialty pharmacy as an access advocate, which means my job is to help patients afford extortionately expensive meds, and I've actually seen letters they've sent that say things along the lines of "Your copay is $9,534 per month. If you have trouble affording this, some options are:..." and GFM is almost always one of them.

Since I'm inclined to think our healthcare system is a scam, I think calling GFM one is probably not far off.

That said, I've donated to a few over the years but it was $10-$20 to a local family dealing with losing their possessions in a house fire or an uninsured kid whose glasses broke. People I would actually hand money over to if asked in person.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
As much as I feel for Arias family it leaves a bad taste when they make money out of their child passing. She could and should have given the money to childhood cancer charities. She only gave £2000 in total. I don't know how these people sleep at night.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.