Glow Up - BBC Three

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it’s such a good series, whether you’re into make up or not any creative person would love it ! So unique and they do such a variety of tasks with decent guest judges! Also like able judges got a good pairing with Val and Dom !!

Reactions: 6
So glad Ophelia won, always thought she was miles ahead of the others (not just James and Eve) in terms of talent.

Reactions: 2
I think Eve really progressed and became better throughout the competition, I think she always got the briefs really well and thought about what was wanted rather than herself all the time, which I liked. I can see her getting a lot of work because of how adaptable she is!
In terms of all round creativity and vision obviously Ophelia was really good and artistic.
I agree about Val as well, just need her to drop the ding dong now 😆

I've just binged watched both series. Fantastic programme, I can't wait for series 3!
They definitely need more varied ages on it though.

I love watching this show! I have to say I was not pleased with the winner of season two. Ophellia was talented but I failed to see any growth in her, she took the same approach I felt in most of the challenges and seems to have always got away with it. Her representation of the air element I didn’t even see that comes through, all she did was work on cloud designs and dots and she received great feedback, I may be mistaken but I don’t think she got the element however her technique was good but she missed the brief and many others were in the hot seat for missing the brief. I also thought her design with yet another of the same thing that she always does with the face and veil was so not creative at all and didn’t even look good but rather messy, she painted a black face with white drapes... and a moon with water ... I felt Hanna did well in this but she was told that the bees didn’t go well... I thought the moon and the water made no sense on Ophellia’s. I saw no growth in her in comparison to the other artists. I also found it interesting that she was dismal in the denim on denim look ... where she couldn’t do the dark side. I felt that she kept doing the same thing and others tried to step outside taking bold chances, not worthy of a win In my eyes 👀 and the veil again with the red strings around the neck... everything was so unoriginal another cover of a horror movie and then she always interprets it as herself I felt James should have won.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I forget the girls name who went up against Jake in the face off but I thought her reverse ombré was slightly better tbh. Clearly they kept him in for entertainment. He seems the weakest of the lot, the yellow and black flowers stuck on his face 😂 wth

does anyone else find Val really annoying????
I can’t stand vaaaaaal omygod, she sounds so stupid with that ding dong, and notice how after she says it she starts screaming and making a scene “marvelouuuuuus” “amazinggggg” omygod just shut up and compliment like the other judges

Reactions: 5
I really dislike the Face Off as a challenge to decide who goes home. After two series, I think we can see clearly that it doesn't work in showing who is the weaker contestant. Some people whose skill sets are more suited to that can sail through week after week even though their actual looks aren't that good.

Anyone got an idea what they could do as an alternative?

I really dislike the Face Off as a challenge to decide who goes home. After two series, I think we can see clearly that it doesn't work in showing who is the weaker contestant. Some people whose skill sets are more suited to that can sail through week after week even though their actual looks aren't that good.

Definitely agree.. There was a girl in the first series (I can't remember her name) that kept failing challenges but winning face offs. I think it was 3? Indicates she's obviously amazing at normal makeup but probably not as good as the others at briefs, being creative etc.

Definitely agree.. There was a girl in the first series (I can't remember her name) that kept failing challenges but winning face offs. I think it was 3? Indicates she's obviously amazing at normal makeup but probably not as good as the others at briefs, being creative etc.
I think her name was Nikki..?

Reactions: 1
I loved this series so much! I didn’t watch the first series but i totally engaged in this.

However, me and my mum kept rolling our eyes every time Val shouted “DING DONG”

I loved this series so much! I didn’t watch the first series but i totally engaged in this.

However, me and my mum kept rolling our eyes every time Val shouted “DING DONG”
I struggle with the idea of taking aesthetic criticism from Val when she thinks those glasses look good.

Val really needs to stop trying to make Ding Dong happen. She over-compensates for having no personality by shouting at the top of her voice and clapping like a seal. I don’t know how Dom and Stacey keep their faces straight, I think I’d be having a quiet word with the producers and asking them to edit her out 🤣

• Haha

Not really, its almost impossible really to make make up into a competition. Its so subjective! In a way I like having such a useless face off, as it means they have a bit of lee way to choose who is going to go home each week!

If you look at this series, Ophelia and James were incredibly creative and artistic, but if you wanted to employ a make up artist to do a job like strictly or for a TV show, you would want someone like Evie and some of those who left earlier, who could create the look the designer was after!

I do love this show, but, my only real criticism is that it misses part of the point of everyday make up, to make people look good or better than they do usually! The kind of basic tricks like making eyes look bigger than they are usually, or contouring a nose to make it less prominent, or covering up a birthmark or blemish....
Its all about making up beautiful people or models...which is an interesting artistic premise, but not much about everyday make up!

I just started season 2 (I knew I shouldn’t have opened this thread as I’ve just managed to spoiler myself as to who wins 😂).

Just wanted to say I cannot STAND Val and her ding dong! Also Stacey is rubbish but at least they seem to have told her to stop saying ‘please may you...’.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I just started season 2 (I knew I shouldn’t have opened this thread as I’ve just managed to spoiler myself as to who wins 😂).

Just wanted to say I cannot STAND Val and her ding dong! Also Stacey is rubbish but at least they seem to have told her to stop saying ‘please may you...’.
I’ve never understood Stacey hosting this show.. she wears very minimal makeup. Would make more sense to be someone who seems more interested in makeup?