Glow Up - BBC Three

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone watching this? Second series just started. I really enjoy it but it’s so interesting to see what the professionals think is good and what isn’t. I usually disagree with their choices 😂

I can’t deal with the lips on jake!

Reactions: 14
I love this! I just watched Series 1 as it came up as a recommended programme for me on Sky and then realised there was a series 2. I'm a fan of the Dooley so I gave it a go despite never ever wearing make up. I binged watched series 1 in a day.

I thought Jake should have went home, but I guess they're keeping him in for entertainment value. I found it funny when the judges called him out for lying about rubbing oil on his neck because he liked going to the pool as a kid :LOL:. His lips (much like Brandon from last series) look like they're ready to explode.

Found this post on Reddit, he looked so much better before!

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I forget the girls name who went up against Jake in the face off but I thought her reverse ombré was slightly better tbh. Clearly they kept him in for entertainment. He seems the weakest of the lot, the yellow and black flowers stuck on his face 😂 wth

does anyone else find Val really annoying????

Reactions: 4
I forget the girls name who went up against Jake in the face off but I thought her reverse ombré was slightly better tbh. Clearly they kept him in for entertainment. He seems the weakest of the lot, the yellow and black flowers stuck on his face 😂 wth

Ugh yes - "Ding Dong Dahhhling!"

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
I still like this but the first series was loads better. The whole crap about the journey and who they are gets me down. Why can't they just want to be good MUAs and win a competition? I don't get why the show has to be slanted to the different/camp/drag angle and lots of people who have struggled to fit in - just have a cross section of people. I also really dislike Val and her nasty opinions

Reactions: 12
I absolutely loved this weeks episode! Eve, James and Hannah were my favourites in the icon challenge. Hannah is amazing and probably my favourite. Eves use of play doh was incredible though!

How the duck is Jake STILL there?? His stuff is basic not even close to professional standard. I was certain he’d be in the face off but nope. He has to go next week.

Reactions: 5
Love this show. But want to mute Val Garland. What's with that ding-dong phrase she keeps saying. 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
The ding dong really does my head in!!

I’m rewatching series 1 god what a bad attitude Paige has!
I just did the same thing! I’d forgotten how up herself she was. She said something like ‘and that’s why I keep winning challenges’ I’m so glad she went out 😂

Reactions: 5
The ding dong really does my head in!!

I just did the same thing! I’d forgotten how up herself she was. She said something like ‘and that’s why I keep winning challenges’ I’m so glad she went out 😂
same. She had talent but awful arrogance!!
I think the right person won that series loved Ellis from the start and his attitude was lovely. Lots of the guest judges commented on how they would work with him in an instant! but i still can’t believe how Nikki got to the final! She was consistently average all the way through, in the face off so many times! I never thought “wow” about any of her looks. Tiffany or Belinda were far better.

Reactions: 7
same. She had talent but awful arrogance!!
I think the right person won that series, but i still can’t believe how Nikki got to the final! She was consistently average all the way through, in the face off so many times! I never thought wow about any of her looks. Tiffany or Belinda we’re far better.
I was shocked the first time Nikki got through and then I was shocked all over again! Belinda was by far the better artist and got the briefs so much better.

Reactions: 9
I was shocked the first time Nikki got through and then I was shocked all over again! Belinda was by far the better artist and got the briefs so much better.
belindas paint brush concept was one of the best looks of the whole series!!
Also I want to cut off Dom’s ridiculous moustache 😂

Reactions: 3
belindas paint brush concept was one of the best looks of the whole series!!
Also I want to cut off Dom’s ridiculous moustache 😂
Oh I love his tache 😂 I prefer him so much more than Val. I reckon he works more than her these days and has more of a finger on the pulse.
I have no idea why Stacey Dooley is part of it, she adds nothing!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Oh I love his tache 😂 I prefer him so much more than Val. I reckon he works more than her these days and has more of a finger on the pulse.
I have no idea why Stacey Dooley is part of it, she adds nothing!
yeah more of what he says makes sense, he’s not so manic as she is 😂 wish she wouldn’t shout so much!!

duck I cannot stand Stacey Dooley and her faux sympathy. She is super irritating and always comes trotting out in her pyjamas the lazy moo 😂 nah seriously I dislike her outfits and her voice and her in general. I try and tune her out.

interested to see who the guest judges are this year.. I mean Rankin was a pretty big one last series! The show is actually really well put together and they get a real broad range of experiences, the red carpet celeb makeup, editorials, prosthetics! One of the best reality type shows in a long time. The only criticism I have is all the contestants seem to be under thirty.. surely there are some more mature artists starting out or changing career etc

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8