Glow Up - BBC Three

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought Maya was okay and I really like her in general (although as a guest judge on RPDR UK she was shocking), I deffo miss Stacey though as I feel like she was more invested in the contestants but it’s only episode one so it might be that Maya will settle into that more?

Anyone got any favourites so far?
Yeah Stacey seemed a bit more compassionate I guess but she did kind of annoy me a bit

Reactions: 2
Loved Summer’s first look and she definitely deserved to win. Her second look was boring. If you finish over 30 mins before the end of the challenge you haven’t done enough 🤣

Absolutely loved Dolly’s second look. Reminded me of the makeup in The Lion Kong theatre show.

I like the girl who has the birth mark on her face (can’t remember her name!) but concerning that she has never done makeup on anyone else before and that defo showed in the first challenge but her second one was great! Loved Sophie’s look too with the mask covering her autism. Elliot’s look was amazing too.

Think Craig should have gone home. Wasn’t impressed with either of his. First was boring and second was far too much.

Wtf is messy mascara and since when did anyone want to purposely have clumpy eyelashes?

Reactions: 7
Loved Summer’s first look and she definitely deserved to win. Her second look was boring. If you finish over 30 mins before the end of the challenge you haven’t done enough 🤣

Absolutely loved Dolly’s second look. Reminded me of the makeup in The Lion Kong theatre show.

I like the girl who has the birth mark on her face (can’t remember her name!) but concerning that she has never done makeup on anyone else before and that defo showed in the first challenge but her second one was great! Loved Sophie’s look too with the mask covering her autism. Elliot’s look was amazing too.

Think Craig should have gone home. Wasn’t impressed with either of his. First was boring and second was far too much.

Wtf is messy mascara and since when did anyone want to purposely have clumpy eyelashes?
The girl with the birthmark is Ryley, I think she’s so cool!

• Heart
Invested in this season as my eldest is one of the MUAs competing. I won’t say who yet but needless to say watching Tuesday was like watching a horror film! Kind of edge of the seat stuff, palpitations, anxiety and sweats! I am THAT overprotective Mum 😂
Good luck to all the contestants.

Aldo I’d have definitely won the clumpy mascara challenge. I achieve that look with little effort required almost every morning.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Invested in this season as my eldest is one of the MUAs competing. I won’t say who yet but needless to say watching Tuesday was like watching a horror film! Kind of edge of the seat stuff, palpitations, anxiety and sweats! I am THAT overprotective Mum 😂

Aldo I’d have definitely won the clumpy mascara challenge. I achieve that look with little effort required almost every morning.
Wow that’s amazing, good luck to them! Must be really exciting for you watching their talent on tv!!

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Wow best of luck to them!! Feel like I’ll be watching your posts trying to work out who it is 🤣🤣

Oh wow good luck to them 😁

Shame Val didn't give her ding dongs and conflabs to stacey to take with her!

• Haha
Awww I like Val! Wasn’t a fan of Jack’s work and I think Ryley needs to work on her colour matching ASAP. Dollie’s final piece was so beautiful!

I found tonight’s episode a bit bland tbh, I didn’t find Maya entertaining at all either

The first series was really good, but I thought the second series was boring and that it didn't have the same spark.

There's some talented MUA this year. I like Dolly and Alex. But again, I've found it quite dull so far.

Reactions: 1
The first series was really good, but I thought the second series was boring and that it didn't have the same spark.

There's some talented MUA this year. I like Dolly and Alex. But again, I've found it quite dull so far.
A lot of the people seem very samesy. I think in the first series I there was a wider pool.

Does anyone know how they managed to film this during the pandemic? Did Val and Dom have to isolate together for example ;)

Reactions: 5
I normally find Dom annoying but I didn’t mind him last night.

I really like dolly, I think she’ll go far. I really didn’t get Alex (?) and I find her quite annoying (the stitched lips) but I found the brief so bland.
I’m enjoying it but they’re all a little samey at the moment

as a former MUA, I’ve enjoyed all the series, but the face painting/telling a story on the face isn’t personally my thing. I’d love it if they could do a top glamour high end campaign (Superdrug ermmmm🤭) and really glam those models up. It’s my thing, I like to see beauty, not face painting. I think Dolly had a bad week this week but I’m eager to see more of her work.

Reactions: 9
I love Dolly, to me she is the outstanding candidate. Not a fan of Jack and Ryley tho. And i echo what a previous poster said, i want to see makeup glamour not face paint.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
With you on this. Elliott has such an amazing creativity. I’ve watched him grow over a decade and know he has so much more talent than was shown.
Aw is Elliott your son?? I remember you saying your child was in it!! He seems so lovely 😊 shame he had to go so soon.

I agree r.e the make up just being face paint a lot of the time. Seems like the final brief thing always ends up being that and it just becomes so samey.

I like Sophie a lot - I like that she helped Alex out.