Glow Up - BBC Three

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I did not understand the criticism of James’s Earth look I thought it was fantastic, very creative, loads of texture. I loved it tbh

I really like Rankin as a guest judge I think he offers a much more constructive opinion than Val.

I still think Ophelia should win

Reactions: 14
I did not understand the criticism of James’s Earth look I thought it was fantastic, very creative, loads of texture. I loved it tbh

I really like Rankin as a guest judge I think he offers a much more constructive opinion than Val.

I completely agree! They said it was too much like a 'water' theme, guarantee if he did do that for the water theme they would have said it was too 'earthy' 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 4

I think it’s because they were looking for the element of earth; dirt, mud, moss etc, whereas he did The Earth, which included water and fire as he did the Earth’s core on the neck.
The look was fantastic but they were right in saying it didn’t meet the brief.

Reactions: 3
I think it’s because they were looking for the element of earth; dirt, mud, moss etc, whereas he did The Earth, which included water and fire as he did the Earth’s core on the neck.
The look was fantastic but they were right in saying it didn’t meet the brief.
Yeah I kind of see why but if it was me I’d probably have interpreted the way he did too 😂 like the earth rather earth itself

Reactions: 2
Yeah I kind of see why but if it was me I’d probably have interpreted the way he did too 😂 like the earth rather earth itself
The work was amazing! 😍 I think they knew that too but were trying to hammer home the point that you have to make sure you fully understand the brief.

Reactions: 1
I thought Eve’s work for the water shoot for Rankin was brilliant. I was pleased he invited her back to do more sessions for Hunger. I was a bit embarrassed for her when her Fire look fell a bit flat and she was so relieved that Rankin said he still wanted to work with her again

Reactions: 7
I'm so glad Eve is through to the final. I really like her attitude and work. I think coming from a salon helps her, as she is used to sticking to someone else's brief rather than letting her own ideas and ego take over too much. I also really like how she grown and developed through the process.

I think Ophelia is really good, but I haven't seen much change or growth in her from the process, you know?

Reactions: 5
I’m so annoyed I’m watching today’s episodes whilst looking on twitter and bloody bbc press office have posted who the winner is. Like I know it’s been up for a few hours but at least put it in a link for fucks sake

so happy with Ophelia winning. I hope her parents are proud of her now!!

Last edited:
I had Ophelia down as the winner from early on, she was so exceptionally clever with her line work and she’s really creative in a unique way. She is also a focused and quick worker. Eve excellent at beauty editorials and that is her field. James is a one off artist and as Val said, he’s an innovator not a replicator. Great series.

I still can’t get over how much better Jake looked a few years ago compared to how he looks now. He was a very good looking, pretty man. Now, he looks Like if Katie Price and Biffa Bacon (from Viz) were Morphed together.

Reactions: 6
The right winner, I think (apart from the attitude on the strictly episode) She was so talented throughout

Definitely deserved to win, a little gutted for Eve though as she was my favourite!

Reactions: 5
Loved Eve! But Ophelia was soo creative and produced some amazing work, well deserved in my opinion, it was also great too see her confidence bloom in each episode.

So buzzing Ophelia won!!! Absolutely the rightful winner, precise, creative, so talented. James was only good with face paint type looks and eve was a typical salon artist, was surprised she got as far as she did

My opinion on Val has really changed! I used to find her annoying but actually I ended up loving her!! Throughout series two she became a lot warmer and more supportive to the contestants. She also writes lovely comments on all of their posts on insta which I think is so sweet.

Does anyone think that if Eve got through to the final face off there would have been a likelihood of her winning? It seemed made for her.

Reactions: 6
Does anyone think that if Eve got through to the final face off there would have been a likelihood of her winning? It seemed made for her.
Each face off she was in was always much more suited to her than the other competitor as if they were trying to push her through. Was probably same with that but then they couldn’t put her through when her fish creation was clearly the worst