Glow Up - BBC Three

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think I’d actually enjoy watching candidates go through an apprenticeship - proper jobs like fashion week, weddings, editorial shoots, catalogue shoots. Follow them through the coursework and the academic side too. Then at the end the winner secures a role.

Reactions: 19
Just seen trailer for new series 10th April.on bbc3. Presenter and judges look to be unchanged

Reactions: 8
Wasn't it Leomi can't remember her surname the only thing I remember about her was her questionable outfits on the show she was so wooden at presenting no personality

Reactions: 9
It’ll be the same old tired format, looks and rounds. This show needs to be rebooted or put out of its misery. Will I still watch though? Yes lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
hoping this year for contestants that are actually good at makeup and not heavy TikTok influencer style! 🥴 the best contestant by miles was Ophelia and no one has topped her since imo!

Reactions: 12
I really hope its actually make up and not just face painting..again 😴
I know. Face painting and prosthetics. Yawn.
I really would like to see more things like Red Carpet looks, or Old Hollywood Glamour. Choose an icon and do their makeup.
Not basically theatrical pantomime stuff.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I know. Face painting and prosthetics. Yawn.
I really would like to see more things like Red Carpet looks, or Old Hollywood Glamour. Choose an icon and do their makeup.
Not basically theatrical pantomime stuff.
I prefer the briefs they have like doing Strictly or Casualty. The face painting is so dull now

Reactions: 14
the whole show doesn't make sense. prosthetics is totally different to doing make up. can't be bothered with it

Reactions: 3
The thing that gets me is the “clumpy mascara” thing they think is a trend for the face off

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’d really like helpful tips too. Like acne scars, wrinkles etc. The glamour stuff is easy on beautiful young skin.

Reactions: 19
I'd be happy enough if they did one episode that focused on the face-painting and prosthesis, etc. but no more. It gets old QUICK. I want to see something new.

Reactions: 20
I hate the “do a face that tells us something about your journey” and it’s always completely nonsensical. I like the prosthetics when it’s for tv or something

Reactions: 16
I’d really like helpful tips too. Like acne scars, wrinkles etc. The glamour stuff is easy on beautiful young skin.
Well quite. I'd love to see tips for making up older skin. But then I doubt the contestants would be able to do that. Most of them seem to have only made themselves up in their bedrooms, hence the emphasis on face painting which is a lot more forgiving.

Reactions: 9
I think the “do a face that tells us something about your journey” challenge should only really be done in the quarter or semi finals stage. Instead of at the start and in nearly every episode where it gives them a carte blanche to cry about how hard their upbringing has been, their anxiety etc.

I'd like more "normal" makeup. Like say make up for a wedding or event where the person is older and doesn't usually wear much makeup, wants a dramatic eyeliner but has hooded eyes, wants a bold red lip but has naturally yellow toned teeth, has a hormonal breakout around their chin. I'd like to see more shade matching and makeup looks on different skin tones and textures.
I'd like to see more clever use of makeup, example ageing someone for a tv series or film.

I am in no way an MUA but there's a big difference between painting your own face where you know your own angles and contours and painting someone else's face.

• Heart
Reactions: 27