Glow Up - BBC Three

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t see anyone employing Roo commercially like on a fashion shoot or show because you can’t rely on her to finish the job. It’s all very well taking hours at something in your own home but it’s never going to translate in the real world. Saphron has this nailed as she is fast and versatile.

Reactions: 15
I can’t see anyone employing Roo commercially like on a fashion shoot or show because you can’t rely on her to finish the job. It’s all very well taking hours at something in your own home but it’s never going to translate in the real world. Saphron has this nailed as she is fast and versatile.
Exactly, reputation is everything in a business like that. If you can't direct a group of other mua's or finish on time you just won't get hired again.
But they are a they/them and have a 'quirky' look so tick some bbc boxes.
Do we know how the previous winners are doing?

Reactions: 5
I knew my favourite, Keiran, was going out first, and after that I actually started rooting for Axel.

Just glad Roo didn't win, never warmed to them at all.

Reactions: 5
I actually found that final really boring to be honest actually fast forwarded a lot towards the end just to see who won
Really liked saphrons look in the first challenge
Right person won imo

Reactions: 14
We never got to learn what opportunities they were offered from the demo as we usually do in the final when it’s been demo before the final creative brief.

Reactions: 11
We never got to learn what opportunities they were offered from the demo as we usually do in the final when it’s been demo before the final creative brief.
maybe they didn’t get any!

Right person won, but it’s not a very exciting season.
They need to find the right presenter, maya & Leomie were both a bit awkward.

Reactions: 12
maybe they didn’t get any!

Right person won, but it’s not a very exciting season.
They need to find the right presenter, maya & Leomie were both a bit awkward.
The presenter needs an overhaul Maura was fab on the Irish one. They also need to make it less a face painting competition and more about actual makeup. Right person won thankfully

Reactions: 13
I’ve loved Saphron since week 1, I’m honestly not surprised she won, she was clearly the favourite

Reactions: 8
The final was boring but happy with the outcome.

I hope they do another Irish one as I liked that one and considering I didn’t like Maura on love island I thought she was good at presenting that.

Reactions: 9
The final was boring but happy with the outcome.

I hope they do another Irish one as I liked that one and considering I didn’t like Maura on love island I thought she was good at presenting that.
Is the Irish one the same format? Hoping for more glam less facepainting. I’ve downloaded the first episode now I’ve finished the latest Brit series.

Reactions: 1
Didn't mind the masterclass, but they still had to do shoehorn in a last facepaint challenge!! Boring.

Reactions: 2
She deserved to win but you knew from the 1st episode she was winning so made for a pretty boring series

Reactions: 8
I think some of you feel the same, but I really wish it was more of a normal make-up show rather than just all about special fx and doing the most outrageous looks they can think of. I wanted it to be something I could actually learn from, like doing glam looks, subtle no make-up looks, holiday, night out etc. And more of doing make-up on people with different skin tones, textures, features rather than just covering them all up with prosthetics and wild colours. Now it just seems to be about who can make the weirdest creation, and I have to stick with watching mua's on tiktok:LOL:

Reactions: 16
O
I think some of you feel the same, but I really wish it was more of a normal make-up show rather than just all about special fx and doing the most outrageous looks they can think of. I wanted it to be something I could actually learn from, like doing glam looks, subtle no make-up looks, holiday, night out etc. And more of doing make-up on people with different skin tones, textures, features rather than just covering them all up with prosthetics and wild colours. Now it just seems to be about who can make the weirdest creation, and I have to stick with watching mua's on tiktok:LOL:
Totally agree
I don't think my work would be very impressed if I turned up looking like a sea monster because I was copying glow up for for make up tips 🤣

• Haha
I thought it was shame they didn't show how to fix axels mistake with the cakey under eye make up. But thay useful bit of info wasn't shown of course.

Reactions: 6
Thats why the first two series were so good!!!! I loved the challenge on the first series where they did celebs makeup for I think the soap awards or NTAs - one of them made over Ann from the chase. That to me was the essence of glow up. Now it has lost its way big time