Glow Up - BBC Three

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Think I might knock this series on the head now it's exactly the same every week the program is called glow up but there's no glowing up being done it's the same old face painting and prosthetics every single week 🙄
I want to see how to perfect the perfect smoky eye or how to put lashes on properly not how to stick on a fake pig nose and paint it with multiple colours 😴

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Yes it really is beyond the pale now. Those mood boards look like GCSE 1st year art projects, so embarrassing. Felt tips and pritt stick.

Both judges aren’t into classical makeup looks and like to push boundaries so the classics were never going to get a look in. So we are stuck with mostly big kids who have grown up on a diet of yootoob tutorials who have then gone on to thinking they are billy big bollocks because they have a ring light, an instagram account and a few eyeshadow palettes who know how to do great “transitions”.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
All the pictures of the final looks that get posted on the glow up insta look tit.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Sorry it's the same tit every time. Don't want to offend anyone but every story of a gay, neurodivergent, trans journey means duck all and has nothing to do with makeup - we just want the makeup done well we don't need a why🫣 It bores me to tears!!! Its not a makeup show at this point! I wouldnt want any of the looks! Isn't that the point

Reactions: 26
I agree. Bloody bald cap nonsense. And the only time we see proper application is in the last five minutes at the face off.

Reactions: 17
Glitter eyelash? You’re telling me people are cutting about risking glitter getting into their bleeping eyes?!?!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
We've all said it numerous times but this programme needs a serious overhaul. Stop with the 'create a look that expresses your worst nightmare' type stuff. That is theatrical and stage makeup. It's so bloody boring now. Yes use that type of stuff for one of two challenges but not all of them.

Reactions: 17
We've all said it numerous times but this programme needs a serious overhaul. Stop with the 'create a look that expresses your worst nightmare' type stuff. That is theatrical and stage makeup. It's so bloody boring now. Yes use that type of stuff for one of two challenges but not all of them.
Yep - agree with this.

And all of the backstories - "My life as a narcissistic wanker was so much worse than yours" - competitive whingefests, every one of them.

I don't mind a bit of background along the lines of "I live with my nan and she's got a cat called Doreen", and "I just like drawing on people's faces" - that'll do nicely, thank you.

The challenges this week were the worst I've ever seen, (and there's been a lot of competition over the umpteen series). Make-up to go with TRAINERS,? I mean - really? And two bits of silver in the ye corners is too overwhelming, but somebody else's splurge of green isn't? The models looked fed up - but having foundation applied for a drawn out two hours must have been tedious as hell.

In the final challenge some of the models looked more than fed-up - they looked pissed off. This will be my last series - I may not even make it to the end.

I don't think the standard of the competetitors is as high this year, either.

I wish they'd show another series of the Irish one - I found that much more engaging.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I went back to watching the first couple of series. It was so much better then. The ones with ophelia and eve. I'm sure Eve worked in a salon doing actual make up

Reactions: 7
I was thinking of doing the same @Pinkglitter123

This lot seem pretty grim on the whole.

Zebralion girl might be OK- I liked that she seemed to be struggling for a traumatic backstory. It's a rubbish brief, that - and a bit hard on people who grew up in a happy family, love their mam and dad and aren't trans or neurodiverse.

Reactions: 12
I’m just catching up now and I don’t know if it’s a me problem? 😂 they’re throwing around the word “masterpiece” and they all look tit? Not one finessed look, they all look rough. I actually thought Finley’s final look was one of the few that was good?

Also didn’t understand the footlocker brief and their opinions at all…

Finally WTF is a glitter lash?!

Reactions: 10
Some of their skin looks amazing, but why don't they show how they do it? There surely must be times when one product they are EQusing either cause piling or it goes patchy on their skin. Etc.

I had my foundation done at an illamasqua counter and I looked about 500 years old when she was done. Maybe it was to do with the make up artist or my skin/skin care products I already had on.but interestingly she didn't know how to fix it.

Eurgh this program annoys the tits of me,, but I know I'll still watch next week to see a bald cap applied and someone wailing about their ND or something

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I've trained with an actual working 'celebrity' makeup artist, and know that they detest this show because it gives nothing about the real artistry, technique or reality of being a successful, working MUA.
It's gone down the line of all reality talent shows now, and it's more about the backstory and trauma of the contestants and has duck all to do with the make up at all.
The standard of work is much lower than previous series now, probably because they're going for people who are self-taught from YouTube and Insta, rather than trained MUAs who know the importance of skin care and a great base over and above anything else.

Reactions: 16