Glow Up - BBC Three

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Urgh from the trailer on Instagram it looks to be all the same face painting as usual.

Reactions: 6
Sadly I think it’s just face painting.
If we look at editorial make it can be extravagant, it can be ‘a lot of make up’ but it’s never too ridiculous. There’s always something being held back. Even if we look at the most lavish makeup artist in the business, Pat McGrath, her looks never look cheap or overdone. Yes they are at times absurd but they always seem to work.

IMG_7461.jpeg

But when we look at what Glow Up offers it’s hardly ever art or fashionable - it’s very formulaic, paint by numbers type. And we are left with we failed GCSE drama looks or children’s party face paint.
That’s not to say some aren’t good, they are, it it’s so few and they often end up looking more cosplay like. I don’t know, maybe I’m expecting too much from the show now.

IMG_7459.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I think it's had so much time to come into it's own now it's as if it's just going backwards instead. So much potential but it's just a social media extension playing into the bedrooms where we will get the same old sob stories. Shame really ... But I'll still watch it lol!

Reactions: 9
Sadly I think it’s just face painting.
If we look at editorial make it can be extravagant, it can be ‘a lot of make up’ but it’s never too ridiculous. There’s always something being held back. Even if we look at the most lavish makeup artist in the business, Pat McGrath, her looks never look cheap or overdone. Yes they are at times absurd but they always seem to work.

View attachment 2856436
But when we look at what Glow Up offers it’s hardly ever art or fashionable - it’s very formulaic, paint by numbers type. And we are left with we failed GCSE drama looks or children’s party face paint.
That’s not to say some aren’t good, they are, it it’s so few and they often end up looking more cosplay like. I don’t know, maybe I’m expecting too much from the show now.

View attachment 2856443
That ballsack look gives me the heave, I could not believe they liked it.
I actually like the creative looks sometimes but I agree there should be more focus on commercial make up looks for clients. Last season the Brit awards red carpet one, for example. But maybe the contestants are not well rounded enough to work like that.
I’ll still watch it! Very surprised that presenter is back, I hope she’s warmed up a bit

Reactions: 7
The name Rossi just reminds me of that scene in Friends when Ross still sees his childhood paediatrician & the nurse calls him over, “Rossy, we’re ready for you!” It’s incredibly infantilising

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I could swear Leonie is AI or a bot. Either that or she plays up to her Bot like persona in every way including the makeup,

I just watched the first ep of S6. Same old same old I feel.

Reactions: 11
Agree with everyone else same old again when they have so much potential
Muas in real life surely don't do this face painting on a daily basis
They could do a bridal party, make up for older skin, changing make up colours for when you have grey hair camouflage make up for scars, taking a make up look from day to night maybe drag make up just something different

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I could swear Leonie is AI or a bot. Either that or she plays up to her Bot like persona in every way including the makeup,

I just watched the first ep of S6. Same old same old I feel.
I actually thought she was less stiff this episode tbh!

yea but I thought it was a decent professional challenge today, like real make up. Edit- sick of the same old bald cap dramas though in the face painting round.

Reactions: 4
How on earth could anyone think it was ok to not remove your existing eye make up or use a different brand?! 🤯

Reactions: 19
How on earth could anyone think it was ok to not remove your existing eye make up or use a different brand?! 🤯
Exactly- advertising a make up brand when the most prominent make up on your face is made by someone else!

Reactions: 10