Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

littlebananafairy

Did she get rid of Ponzu, the cat? He was always on her stories and now it just seems to me Mochi, Kimchi and the kittens.

I was always a big fan but unfollowed when she posted a picture saying she wanted to get back to DJing again and a follower sent her a message and her response was so obnoxious and unnecessarily rude.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 39

Satisfying Click

VIP Member
Screenshot 2021-11-13 at 15.46.43.png

Felicity Cloake commented yesterday. As well as the known Trifle Defender on the Jack Monroe threads (she retweeted Mallika). It always amazes me how small the food world is, if they don't like you, they'll subtly make it known in times like this.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
DF6D415A-7CD8-49DA-AAD9-923DB0E59A3E.png

This woman seriously needs a jack monroe style timeline. How old is she again? Was this before or after tbe 15 years slogging her guts out as a good stylist or the 8 years living in Asia earning the right to be culturally insensitive?

• Haha
Reactions: 31

Tabitha D

VIP Member
Anyone else clocked the Jack-esque chaos Gizzi is doing right now. Jollofing Indian cuisine apparently and was very rude when an Actual Indian chef corrected her 😬 Hope Jack wades in View attachment 861490
Gizzi is an insufferable posho who obviously didn’t like being corrected by a WoC (who incidentally didn’t even name her) when she got her geography wrong. Never mind though, here’s an opportunity to play victim! Just like Jack. 🙄

Reactions: 28

Satisfying Click

VIP Member
There was a location, location, location ages ago where the woman ONLY wanted to live in Deal and K&P kept trying to get them to view houses in I think Broadstairs but she was so snotty and refused. It was hilarious.
I guess you could say it was Deal or No Deal 😁

...Sorry

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

colouredlines

VIP Member
As someone who suffered from bulimia for over half my life, I get a bit frustrated sometimes by what feels like...overprotectiveness about triggers, maybe? Like, no one puts a trigger warning on a sentence like "I could really use a glass of wine" in case an alcoholic reads it, you know?

Plus, EDs are such complex illnesses - I might have no problem reading about someone else's weight, but maybe somebody who I don't like gets a promotion and that sends me into a spiral of self-loathing and b/p urges. And that can't be accounted for.

I also think there has to be a place to discuss weight management, whether that's gaining, losing, or maintaining. There are a lot of very pervasive myths about weight gain and loss, and it's a good thing if we can talk about it sensibly and openly. Changing eating habits can be a very positive thing for many people.

(Plus there's this weird thing about weight loss where all content is either Pinch of Nom-style spread low-fat cottage cheese on a flour tortilla for a delicious low-cal pizza! or the fucking Hemsley sisters making kale and medjool date energy balls, and nothing in between. At least Gizzi's moussaka looks like something you'd actually want to eat!)

Having said all that...posting on her professional account about her new diet is just supremely inappropriate. If she really wants to share it with social media, she could just set up a side account and put up a post saying "hey if you're curious, follow me on @gizzidiets" or whatever.

But that leads back to this whole weird influencer culture, where there's no separation of the professional and the personal, and your business account can go from "check out what's new in my shop!" to "I feel sad, send doggos" in the blink of an eye. Good luck to her if she's trying to make big lifestyle changes, but why not keep it separate from her work?

PS I hope one of her New Year New You lifestyle changes is dissolving those fillers

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27

Mermaid456

It made me sad really, these places have been opened for decades and decades, and as the user above said, have built a community. It's not about food being 'under seasoned' in the gourmet sense, it's just good hearty (and delicious!) food to feed the masses. Many people (like myself) don't go there to have some kind of culinary experience, these are great, cheap and practical places for people to have a meal! Also, these places are part of a history and fabric which has made the UK what it is, and many are closing at rapid rates due to inflated rents - they need praising and protecting not slating x

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Vanelope

VIP Member
Did anyone see a few days ago a massive pity party post about having to rent a place in Margate as well as having London place and being broke after making lots of money as an influencer but putting it in the new cafe and her cat was pregnant again. It was deleted almost as soon as I read it because someone must have said it was a bad idea. I didn’t get a screenshot unfortunately. This is the person who went on several work holidays during lockdown including posting first class flights to Barbados.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 26

Satisfying Click

VIP Member
Screenshot 2021-11-14 at 13.48.55.png

She's being disingenuous on her Stories. No one has 'cancelled' her :rolleyes: she chose to behave like a dick.

Mallika was gracious enough to send her a DM in order to point out her concerns. Many of the Twitterati would have just gone directly into her public feed.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 26

NoHintOfDrama

VIP Member
I’ve known Gizzi for over 20 years when she worked in a piercing shop in Camden. She disappeared up her own arse about ten years ago when she was almost getting famous. She’s never quite hit the big time that she’s always yearned for.

• Wow
Reactions: 25

Eurgh

VIP Member
I just looked at her instagram and she has the standard 'my amazing mum, isn't she so beautiful' post when they look identical. It's my absolute favourite social media basic behaviour. Mother's Day brings them all out the woodwork.

• Haha

eppingforestbambi

VIP Member
Thank you for this thread. I've literally just signed up for an account so I can get involved.

I've been hate watching GE for years. She went from - interesting/cool/rocky 2007 chef to - omg what a car wreck. The constant pout posts. The aggression to any sort of feedback. The fawning of Pro Green. It's too much.

I've seen her around town lots over the years - first time I saw her I heard her before I saw her (she was so loud) and I was taken aback by how large she is in real life compared to what she presents online. She is a healthy sized woman (size 14-16+) and if she embraced it she would look fantastic - but instead she is constantly catfishing. I lived in Hackney for years and have only just heard that she was turfed out of MSMarket - not suprised!

I worked at a social media company that allows you to.. um.. pin.. photos and she often came in for meetings around 2016. She was always very loud and wanted people to clock her being there. She was loudly talking about her most recent breakup and wanting to delete a joint account they had (I think?). She's v cringe. I can't bring myself to try her podcast -why is she an authority on sex... she's a chef! It's like Jamie Oliver doing a True Crime podcast.

Honestly from my armchair and definitely unqualified position she screams Borderline Personality Disorder to me. And agree that the bugle use doesn't help - but I think it runs deeper than that. She seems deeply unhappy, and she is alone (and has thrown out the older cat who she used to adore). I don't loathe her - I feel sorry for her. She needs help, and her passwords need to be removed asap.

• Heart
  • Sad

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
Also, this. This is talking about people that work in the food/catering/restaurant industry who were either jobless or forced to work during the pandemic. Who is she, tucked away in her likely million £ mews house moaning about her dj’ing gigs abroad being cancelled, to judge these people for wanting to find more stable, pandemic proof work?! Is this ‘pride’ he’s saying they should have going to pay their electricity bill? And who is this guy sharing in the first place for that matter. How can she look down on wait staff for example for leaving the industry when she’s in her ivory tower making agent provocateur ads?
The reason so many people are leaving hospitality is because they've been treated like crap for years and employers have gotten away with it until now. The industry needs to change rather than making those on low pay feel guilty for wanting to do something else

Sorry, this touched a nerve - my husband has been a chef for years and the ways he's been treated by most of his employers has been appalling. I doubt Gizzi has done a hard day's graft in her life

• Heart
She's not comparing like with like. At that price, they'll not have made the filling (or the pastry) themselves, they'll be relying on mass produced catering items. I *assume* she'll be making everything from scratch, and using better ingredients, and that's why her price point will be higher. Which is absolutely fine. Just don't come and snootily score some little fast food place as though they've got access to the same products and the time and money it takes to create them.

Local Pie and Mash (been there for about 150 years) make everything from scratch and charge about the same. It's not fancy butter puff pastry because it isn't supposed to be. There isn't gravy in the pie because there isn't supposed to be. There isn't butter/cream/unicorn spunk in the mash because there isn't supposed to be. It is supposed to be pastry, meat, potato and half a pint of liquor to moisten it, along with lots of white pepper and vinegar. (and the occasional foray into Jellied eels and pints of cockles and winkles, both of which are very salty naturally).

She's approaching it from the point of view of food feeding people who historically could afford loads of butter, big chunks of more expensive meat, creamed potatoes and a sauce that isn't just stock, parsley and flour/cornflour as a thickener, but is made with bechamel.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I HATE these people. I work with a guy that the ladies love and when we used to go to work events, women in their forties and fifties would always come up to him and do this. “Go on, how old do you think I am?” And the answer is always wrong because you can’t win.
Whenever someone asks me how old I think they are, I always go ‘up’. So if I think they look 40, I will always say ‘49 maybe?’
Fuck em.

• Haha
Reactions: 24