Gizzi Erskine

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else clocked the Jack-esque chaos Gizzi is doing right now. Jollofing Indian cuisine apparently and was very rude when an Actual Indian chef corrected her 😬 Hope Jack wades in View attachment 861490
Sorry having a grunk but I just needed to say that I can't bleeping stand Gizzi Erskine, another one who thinks she's far better than she actually is.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I can tell you now that her new restaurant won't last long in Margate. Don't be fooled by the pictures she shows of the area and where her restaurant is situated. I visit Margate enough to know what it is like.
There's a side road that runs up the side of it which is very well known for drugs and all sorts. Margate high street is horrendous! There are very few independent businesses that are actually worth visiting and raving about, hers is definitely NOT one of them.
The place only seems to accommodate her friends or those similar to her, it's definitely not a nice crowd. I have a lot of friends in catering, events and advertising and the ones who have had dealings with Gizzi have all said the same thing about her. She is extremely rude and full of her own importance. 3 years is the maximum that she will be have that business there.
She isn't liked in Margate or in the other surrounding towns either. Very difficult and awkward to work with.

I think she thinks she should be with Professor Green and really resents that he picked someone else.
You've hit the nail on the head. She is besotted with Pro Green and those closest to her all know it. She puts on a good act of liking his misses but she hates her because she truly believes she should be with him and no one else.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I can tell you now that her new restaurant won't last long in Margate. Don't be fooled by the pictures she shows of the area and where her restaurant is situated. I visit Margate enough to know what it is like.
There's a side road that runs up the side of it which is very well known for drugs and all sorts. Margate high street is horrendous! There are very few independent businesses that are actually worth visiting and raving about, hers is definitely NOT one of them.
The place only seems to accommodate her friends or those similar to her, it's definitely not a nice crowd. I have a lot of friends in catering, events and advertising and the ones who have had dealings with Gizzi have all said the same thing about her. She is extremely rude and full of her own importance. 3 years is the maximum that she will be have that business there.
She isn't liked in Margate or in the other surrounding towns either. Very difficult and awkward to work with.

You've hit the nail on the head. She is besotted with Pro Green and those closest to her all know it. She puts on a good act of liking his misses but she hates her because she truly believes she should be with him and no one else.

Ooh any tea? I had a feeling she’d be hard to work with!

I know the bit you mean of Margate, it really is grim

Reactions: 1
Ooh any tea? I had a feeling she’d be hard to work with!

I know the bit you mean of Margate, it really is grim
There are articles about the cafe and founders and you can find them on insta and it seems to be ex musicians and associates now clean and sober opening a cafe because they live there. I can’t see everyone trekking out to Margate from London to patronise it regularly - does it get a tourist crowd? Maybe the locals want fancy cafe food with fancy cafe prices and the after party? Am I underestimating Margate as a place?

Reactions: 2
There are articles about the cafe and founders and you can find them on insta and it seems to be ex musicians and associates now clean and sober opening a cafe because they live there. I can’t see everyone trekking out to Margate from London to patronise it regularly - does it get a tourist crowd? Maybe the locals want fancy cafe food with fancy cafe prices and the after party? Am I underestimating Margate as a place?
Not at all. If it’s a nice day the beach and dreamland can get busy which overspills in the chip shops and cafes etc, but generally it’s quite sad. The old town is pretty but the high street is bloody awful! It’s like a ghost down through most months of the year and yes, huge drug problems

Isn’t the cafe just a pop up for a few months??

There used to be a really sweet cafe a few doors up from Haekles (sp?) that made their own ice cream (ovaltine flavour!!) and did fry ups and a few other dishes really well. Is that still there?

It’s really sad and I hope seaside towns can be improved but people like Gizzi hopping over for a bit and then running back to London as soon as poss (complaining about lost money and going back to influencing) won’t do it

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Totally agree! It is people like her causing so many problems, a lot of locals call them dfls (down from London’s) and say it’s them ruining the area 😅 i also think it doesn’t help it’s close to some well maintained cuter sea fronts like it’s not far from Whitstable that does well

The ice cream place I’m not sure , I like melt gelato there for the coconut ice cream 🍦

Totally agree! It is people like her causing so many problems, a lot of locals call them dfls (down from London’s) and say it’s them ruining the area 😅 i also think it doesn’t help it’s close to some well maintained cuter sea fronts like it’s not far from Whitstable that does well

The ice cream place I’m not sure , I like melt gelato there for the coconut ice cream 🍦
Just remembered it’s called Forts and does still seem to be there. GB Pizza is excellent as well.

Reactions: 5
There are some really good bars and restaurants in Margate. Angela's, GB Pizza, the micro brewery, The Two Halves, Peters fish and chips is excellent, but it's all centered around a very small area, which Love Cafe is on the edge of. I'm sure it will do well in summer but not in the dark winter months.

Reactions: 3
The only thing I know about her is the gizz n greens pizzas which I would love to ask you guys about, am I just v low brow or do these not just look like a pizza go go number? Like they’re not the gentrified pizza type and yet not quite a dominoes?

I actually went to their restuarant last year because my husband loves pizza - honestly the pizza was tit. Dough needed seasoning, was really bland, the edges were all burned to a crisp so you couldn't enjoy the crust. They put ridiculous amounts of cheese on the pizza, so the tomato:cheese ratio was completely off. We were sooooo disappointed. We didn't finish any of the pizzas - and this is from a family who hate leaving food behind. Normally with pizzas we takeaway and will eat leftovers the next day but we didn't bother.

• Heart
I'm quite fond of Margate, bad bits and all.
Truth be told it's my neck of the woods. There's some interesting opinions locally about this new cafe 😂 Safe to say I haven't been in.

Just remembered it’s called Forts and does still seem to be there. GB Pizza is excellent as well.
Forts is under new management now and really popular. They're all sweethearts in there. It does attract a certain crowd but great coffee and really good food.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I went to Kent for my summer holidays this year and went to Margate for a day out. I really liked it, could see pockets of gentrification and yuppie takeover but still lots of seaside town poverty but it had a nice feel to it. Would not recommend the art gallery cafe lol very pretentious and over priced. To bring this back to Gizzi, she always seems angry to me

Reactions: 5
Is there anyone in London media/restaurants/leisure set that isn’t a cokehead? Even sainted Nigella admitted it (years ago obvs). I’m a super square who doesn’t indulge (was on prescription mind altering substances in my 20s so didn’t dare for one thing) but always thought that a party that needed coke to be fun was a tit party. I’m aware others enjoy. But now, with middle class drug users knowing about dealing violence, smuggling up orifices and also the cartels and poppy fields and the amount of blood (and tit) on their drugs - how is it justified? Also they could cut it with anything that could kill you. I’m arguing for legalisation and regulation aren’t I…

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I've had to work with Gizzi before and within 5 mins of meeting I knew I would never want to work with her again. She is a really terrible person. Also a lot of these food influencers are deeply unhappy people with terrible social skills. Don't let the colourful instagram shots of meals fool you.

Another insufferable one is De Lacey (sorry I know this thread is not about her) a simultaneously smug and whiny person, her true personality tends to come out when shes not interacting with fawning subscribers.

Is there anyone in London media/restaurants/leisure set that isn’t a cokehead? Even sainted Nigella admitted it (years ago obvs). I’m a super square who doesn’t indulge (was on prescription mind altering substances in my 20s so didn’t dare for one thing) but always thought that a party that needed coke to be fun was a tit party. I’m aware others enjoy. But now, with middle class drug users knowing about dealing violence, smuggling up orifices and also the cartels and poppy fields and the amount of blood (and tit) on their drugs - how is it justified? Also they could cut it with anything that could kill you. I’m arguing for legalisation and regulation aren’t I…
The hospitality industry is rife with substance abuse, its also really normalised behind the scenes. I think there are a few chefs who are trying to bring awareness to it but majority just shrug their shoulders and have a "it is what it is" attitude.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I went to Kent for my summer holidays this year and went to Margate for a day out. I really liked it, could see pockets of gentrification and yuppie takeover but still lots of seaside town poverty but it had a nice feel to it. Would not recommend the art gallery cafe lol very pretentious and over priced. To bring this back to Gizzi, she always seems angry to me
I had a summer holiday entirely in Margate last year and loved it! I live in a part of London that used to get a physical cringe reaction from people when I said it, so perhaps my standards are different. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I had a summer holiday entirely in Margate last year and loved it! I live in a part of London that used to get a physical cringe reaction from people when I said it, so perhaps my standards are different. :ROFLMAO:
Yeah when I told people we were going to Kent for our holidays this year, there was a definite 'face' pulled. We had a great time though, it was so beautiful there.

I’m waiting for Gizzi, Martha and Felicity to come up to Easington Colliery and run along the Durham coast/write their book/set up a bijoux cafe all while taking filtered to f*** insta shots.

They would last approximately 3 hours before getting the Azuma back to Kings Cross.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.