Gizzi Erskine

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m still gobsmacked at the you can’t afford me comment to the DJ request 😱😭😱 best way to not generate new business 🥴

I always wondered why she and Caroline flack fell out, she posted about it few times after her death which still makes me feel so sad

Reactions: 12
I may have misinterpreted it actually having scrolled back or it might have been in her stories but I couldn’t see a reference to a specific falling out other than they had a bit of a Rocky friendship at times
Ah sorry I meant with Mallika and the Asian cooking comments

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Cook Yourself Thin started in 2007, so if she came back from Thailand after ten years right before that, it would have been 1997 when she went out there, so she was 18 when she went out there… Where did she fit in culinary school?

Reactions: 2
Cook Yourself Thin started in 2007, so if she came back from Thailand after ten years right before that, it would have been 1997 when she went out there, so she was 18 when she went out there… Where did she fit in culinary school?
You missed the “almost”. Such a flexible word.

🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
View attachment 865177

She's being disingenuous on her Stories. No one has 'cancelled' her :rolleyes: she chose to behave like a dick.

Mallika was gracious enough to send her a DM in order to point out her concerns. Many of the Twitterati would have just gone directly into her public feed.
This is such a stupid move by her. Crying ‘cancel culture’ is such a right wing move, whereas you’d think she’d position herself on the liberal left. Guess when she feels all ‘Wah Wah Wah everyone’s picking on me’ ideology doesn’t come into it! I used to be such a fan of hers, when Twitter first became ‘a thing’ we had numerous back and forths about food. Now she just seems like a self-obsessed arse.

Reactions: 7
There was a time about 10 years ago when Gizzi was on telly quite a bit, and kept popping up on other people’s shows. It didn’t really take off, and she has a much lower profile now, but I’d say she’s probably getting more work than Jack Monroe, for example.
But she does seem to have a grandiose streak - a rather inflated view of her own importance. That DJ thing is a good example - that and trying to charge a veg box company for an acknowledgment, when they’d done her mum a favour in early lockdown. This is not a pleasant trait. Especially combined with her extreme levels of self-absorption.
She seems to have had a few restaurant businesses too, but nothing has really stuck so far.
Oh gosh I’d forgotten about the veg box malarkey!!!

Reactions: 1
I remember her popping up on TV and in newspapers quite a bit with her ex fiance Dean Martin, I remember finding her quite irritating even back then, there was something about her.

She had a very strong image back then so i was amazed when I looked at her Instagram, what on earth has she done to her appearance?

And she needs to get that cat spayed

Reactions: 4
Quick search brings up this explanation of her time in Thailand. So sounds like she was out there sometimes due to her mum's work. Though the way she described it in her Insta rant, it sounded like she'd spent years out there working? I saw an article from 2015, where she says she went back to Thailand "last year" for the first time in 15 years, so she would have been done in Thailand by 1999, age 20. 🤔

Screenshot_20211114-212952.png

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I have some chef friends and she is a notorious wreck head.
She apparently took a pill and was encouraging the other chefs to take some during a shift once.

has anyone noticed she burns through friends like nobodies business?
She had a blonde friend (Zoe someone?) who she was always out with a few years ago but it seems like they fell out.
Same with Caroline flack.

I think she’s probably life and soul of the party but very volatile

Reactions: 11
151B5316-E7F0-4A85-98BA-2499903E2D58.jpeg

Stolen from the Sali Hughes thread - Gizzi posted this a few years ago, it’s presumed it’s about Elly “Pear” Curshen.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
I remember her popping up on TV and in newspapers quite a bit with her ex fiance Dean Martin, I remember finding her quite irritating even back then, there was something about her.

She had a very strong image back then so i was amazed when I looked at her Instagram, what on earth has she done to her appearance?

And she needs to get that cat spayed
Completely agree about her poor cat. Multiple pregnancies are not good for the poor cat at all (it’s one of the reasons why stray female cats have such a short lifespan). But hey, what does that matter when you can get Insta likes for the kitten pics. 🙄

• Angry
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.