Gizzi Erskine #3 Upper-middle class wellness equivalent of a MDMA bender in Magaluf

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I heard the Margate place went under as she didn’t want to do any actual WORK, as in actually cooking for people in the cafe you have invested in. Working is harder than just reposting old thirst traps I guess.

Reactions: 6
I heard the Margate place went under as she didn’t want to do any actual WORK, as in actually cooking for people in the cafe you have invested in. Working is harder than just reposting old thirst traps I guess.
this is why none of her proects work, she is so lazy

Reactions: 1
In her defence I don’t think she’s lazy, just no business sense. I also suspect her business partners have different expectations of what they’re expecting her to bring.
Sadly her star has fallen, a few years ago (possibly 10years ago), she had something

Reactions: 3
In her defence I don’t think she’s lazy, just no business sense. I also suspect her business partners have different expectations of what they’re expecting her to bring.
Sadly her star has fallen, a few years ago (possibly 10years ago), she had something
It doesn't sound like she's had to work very hard at anything in her life, does it?

Reactions: 4
have you any experience working in food?

her ventures have failed because she's lazy.

Reactions: 7
I have worked in food and for a few years I was on the edge of her circle. She was something ‘special’ then.

I personally don’t know what happened in those businesses (I know Covid hit just as one was opening). Maybe when she got involved she thought she would develop the menus, be linked but not have to actually cook. I don’t know.

She became ‘famous’ from being on TV not from working in kitchens. Maybe she thought she’d have a similar gig. Again I don’t know. And we don’t know what the arrangements were.

As an aside, I’m unsure @Traazers what your jab ‘have you any experience working in food’ is about and how it’s relevant.. We’re on a gossip board making assumptions and giving our opinions. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I have worked in food and for a few years I was on the edge of her circle. She was something ‘special’ then.

I personally don’t know what happened in those businesses (I know Covid hit just as one was opening). Maybe when she got involved she thought she would develop the menus, be linked but not have to actually cook. I don’t know.

She became ‘famous’ from being on TV not from working in kitchens. Maybe she thought she’d have a similar gig. Again I don’t know. And we don’t know what the arrangements were.

As an aside, I’m unsure @Traazers what your jab ‘have you any experience working in food’ is about and how it’s relevant.. We’re on a gossip board making assumptions and giving our opinions. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Gossip is not assumptions. I heard it from someone working at Love Cafe.

She loves to bleat on about her ‘stage’ and Leith’s pedigree etc, which is what you do to become a chef, not a TV personality.

Obviously many chefs have TV careers on the side but they still operate at a serious level in actual kitchens - whether overseeing or pulling shifts.

Do you think Clare Smyth has time for ‘looking back’ at that time 10 years ago when she ate a burger ‘sexily’ for a photographer?

Reactions: 2
I’d say more egotistical and entitled than lazy. But it is lazy to assume your opinion on food is enough to coast your ‘career’, rather than investing your skill. She seems to be floating the dream of critic/podcaster/influencer, and that’s not going to make a restaurant a success.

Reactions: 5
We all know Clare Smyth is in a completely different league 😄

I do agree she’s egotistical and I think she’s still riding on old coat tails like being top at Leith’s or TV. She is no longer a ‘star’ (if she ever was one) and that must hurt. She’s now mid forties and going nowhere apart from writing about attending naked supper clubs or posting pics with her boobs everywhere.

I

She was involved in Mare St Market (which is still a thriving business) but then left. Sometimes it seems that the issue is not the viability of the business itself… but the problem lays with her and her inability to work with others.

I would suspect she gets by because she owns her house outright (so no mortgage) and then gets £ dribs and drabs coming in from paid posts. And she gets a lot of freebies. I doubt she ever pays for food or the dresses she wears. Her whole life is a blag basically. But the clock is ticking and things must be drying up. Especially with her raging coke habit.

And to think she was once on midweek prime time Channel 4 when she was part of the “Cook Yourself Thin” guys. She could have been huge… but unfortunately her personality, ego, and bad worth ethic got in the way.

Reactions: 11
Yes for someone who is very much in the food scene, the places she seems to eat at (and by that I mean post on instagram about) are a bit odd and makes me think they’re all freebies.

Reactions: 2
Good post @eppingforestbambi ! I think you’re spot on about her getting on with others.
It was the Nitery on St Martin’s Lane which opened or was due to open. Regardless, she’s not a success.

The problem with a lot of chefs (and I’m not talking the excellent or outstanding ones) is they mostly have these massive egos. I’ve met a few who all think they are stars but aren’t

With apologies for the source, it appears the problem is.... Men.

That is very much not the vibe I get from her actual wording:

Every business partner that I've had has pretty much been a male and every single time I've been told off for being too passionate. I had a chef that I worked with call me a megalomaniac which I was like, 'Am I that person?' I was like, that's the absolute epitome of egotist and I don't want to ever be perceived as that.

• Haha
I think she has an attitude problem and is very hard to work with (because she’s also lazy and thinks putting her name to something is “work” but she’s not a star)

Reactions: 1
She’s an absolute raging narcissist isn’t she 😂 She wonders why she isn’t taken seriously as a chef and you only have to look at her social media to understand why. She would be completely insufferable to work with/know

Reactions: 10
Also, Pete Steele famously had a huge dick and wasn’t shy about using it so Gizzi would absolutely be just another woman to him…

It’s not ok for him to flash his weiner. I very much doubt the cat is named after her. She hasn’t been 18 for a very long time now 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8