Girls Aloud #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't "want her to fail" (though I'm sure there are those who do!) but it's come so out of nowhere that she is suddenly an actress, and that poster is so laughably bad...it would be a big shock indeed if she turns out to be good.
No, I never said that, just looking at all the comments under the promo on Facebook it looked like the whole world was against her. Had a scout around Twitter last night & a lot of people ( that don’t follow her) said she did a good job so that’s something. I saw Hugo Chegwin’s character was played by his understudy so I wonder what happen there.

So I’ve booked tickets for the 28th and just seen Cheryl’s instagram post saying the first night is on 1st February? She had been advertised as being in it from 21st January. What the hell is going on? I’m absolutely fuming as bought tickets especially for her and am travelling quite a distance.

Reactions: 1
So I’ve booked tickets for the 28th and just seen Cheryl’s instagram post saying the first night is on 1st February? She had been advertised as being in it from 21st January. What the hell is going on? I’m absolutely fuming as bought tickets especially for her and am travelling quite a distance.
It is the press night on 1st February. The shows before that are preview shows with the full cast, including Cheryl.

Reactions: 5
These are just a previews, it gives the cast/crew time to perform and settle before the show can be reviewed by critics, basically an advanced viewing! The show will be the same ☺ (regular theatre goer here)

Reactions: 6
Went to the preview show last night and was pleasantly surprised. Wasn’t sure how she would be in a theatre role and was worried I’d cringe the entire time but she was actually decent. Nothing award winning, but she played the role quite well.

Reactions: 8
Went to the preview show last night and was pleasantly surprised. Wasn’t sure how she would be in a theatre role and was worried I’d cringe the entire time but she was actually decent. Nothing award winning, but she played the role quite well.
This is what I thought she’d be like! I’ve seen people saying she should be nominated for an Olivier (PLEASE) and I sensed a bit of over-exaggeration 😂😭😂

Reactions: 3
Definitely won’t be any Olivier awards for her anytime soon…. 😂 But she is definitely better than expected!

Reactions: 2
Admittedly it was easy as she was playing herself, but she was OK in Coronation Street. Sure nothing special, but didn't embarrass herself either.

Reactions: 4
Y'know what, good for her. Don't mind admitting when I'm wrong and if she's able to be on stage as an actress and pull it off with little to no experience that's praiseworthy. I really was sure she'd utterly humilate herself but credit where it is due, she must have put the work in with the rehearsals which is more than you get from some who are just hired for their name.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Y'know what, good for her. Don't mind admitting when I'm wrong and if she's able to be on stage as an actress and pull it off with little to no experience that's praiseworthy. I really was sure she'd utterly humilate herself but credit where it is due, she must have put the work in with the rehearsals which is more than you get from some who are just hired for their name.
It’s press night on Weds so I’m looking forward to seeing what actual critics have to say rather than people online. Also hoping the other 3 girls will be there too.

I went to see it last night and I was shocked at how brilliant Cheryl was. Really, really good so recommend it.

Jake Wood (Max Branning) did forget his lines twice though, which was awkward but I guess they’re still warming up.

Reactions: 8
Ya know what, I think Cheryl got way too big for her boots at one point right up until she was with Liam Payne but the last few interviews I've seen with her I feel like the events of life over the last few years have humbled her a bit and personality wise were some way back to the 2007 Cheryl 💗 which is actually so nice.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Ya know what, I think Cheryl got way too big for her boots at one point right up until she was with Liam Payne but the last few interviews I've seen with her I feel like the events of life over the last few years have humbled her a bit and personality wise were some way back to the 2007 Cheryl 💗 which is actually so nice.
Agreed. I went off the precious flower princess version during the X factor. I love the If ya here tap the fockin tabel and Haway Ash it's just a pebble Cheryl. And I know no one's the same as they were 16 or 17 years ago but it's nice to see a bit of that back.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Unpopular opinion perhaps but I don't respect Cheryl for whining about hating being famous and all the attention she was getting and since she's not so popular has tried various ways to get big enough again like the hair extensions, advertising those pills and now working in theatre. Beggars can't be choosers and in all her previous interviews and her autobiography she always use to say she hated all the limelight she got and being papped. In more recent pap pictures it just looks set up to me like those pics of her walking her dogs in the woods. Yet she always used to hate paps and even got an injunction against them. She moaned about people knowing her personal life but does interviews about wanting more babies and a sperm donor. She didn't bother much with Sarah when Sarah was alive until Sarah was sadly terminally ill and suddenly Cheryl's been piping up constantly about Sarah. I understand she worked with Sarah closely in a girl band for years so is entitled to speak about being upset about her death but for years it was Cheryl, Kimberley and Nicola and Nadine and Sarah were sorta pushed to the side and now Cheryl's coming out with stuff like saying Sarah's ghost is coming through to her. I don't feel cheryl is genuine.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Agreed. I went off the precious flower princess version during the X factor. I love the If ya here tap the fockin tabel and Haway Ash it's just a pebble Cheryl. And I know no one's the same as they were 16 or 17 years ago but it's nice to see a bit of that back.
It was so great to see proper geordie Cheryl in 2:22 - hair up, f-ing and blinding. All I heard around me during the interval was people saying how shocked they were that she was that good. I really really hope she gets the recognition she deserves when the reviews start to come in. I honestly think this could be a rebirth for brand Cheryl (away from Simon Cowell)

---

I went to see it last night and I was shocked at how brilliant Cheryl was. Really, really good so recommend it.

Jake Wood (Max Branning) did forget his lines twice though, which was awkward but I guess they’re still warming up.
He had also just resigned a few days ago because the original actor dropped out!

Reactions: 3
She does come across much more low-key now, in a good way. Maybe having her son humbled her? She was so unlikeable to me before that.

She does come across much more low-key now, in a good way. Maybe having her son humbled her? She was so unlikeable to me before that.
Same! Had ideas way beyond her station up until the single where she licked her hand in the dance routine 😤😤 she was coming across a right arse in interviews even at this point.

I think having her son, splitting with Liam, being dropped by loreal, her last two singles flopping, the greatest dancer being cancelled and then Sarah dying and it's aftermath where it was very obvious that GA still retains a hardcore fan base that she will just never ever replicate with her cheap sounding solo stuff made her have a very hard think about what has actually made her successful.

Has she had her tat removed or do we think it’s make up for the show? Not that it makes a difference, Matt Willis had his tattoos out when he was in it.
I'd be shocked if she got it removed cos she's had it so long! Surely if it was makeup it would be much better covered up than that?

It looks like it's been covered, badly, with concealer. It's an awful looking tattoo, so I hope she's actually in the process of getting rid of it. It's cheap looking.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.