Girls Aloud #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Girls aloud 20 on YouTube bringing the goods. I find it so funny that the 3 songs Xenomania credit for inspo on SOTU are the wheels on the bus, misirlou from pulp fiction and puretone totally addicted to bass and I can hear all 3! 🤯🤯🤯 The genius of Xenomania at their peak 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Why didn't One True Voice manage get Xenomania or other good songwriters on board? Instead they got a Bee Gees cover, another tit ballad whose name I can't remember, and Shakepeare's Way With Words (cringe!)

Were good songwriters not interested in the band, or did Pete Waterman not make the right phone calls for OTV? OTV had so much vocal ability but didn't seem to gel as a group.

Reactions: 4
Why didn't One True Voice manage get Xenomania or other good songwriters on board? Instead they got a Bee Gees cover, another tit ballad whose name I can't remember, and Shakepeare's Way With Words (cringe!)

Were good songwriters not interested in the band, or did Pete Waterman not make the right phone calls for OTV? OTV had so much vocal ability but didn't seem to gel as a group.
From memory, Pete Waterman both managed OTV and owned the production company Stock Aitken Waterman so I don't think he was gonna miss the chance to line his own pockets lol.

Reactions: 4
Love this performance. They all look and sound beautiful.

Could have done without Torvill and Dean though (yes I know it’s their show lol).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Can you imagine if Sound of the Underground never happened and they released this instead as planned? Complete with Westlife stools and standing up during a key change 🙈

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Can you imagine if Sound of the Underground never happened and they released this instead as planned? Complete with Westlife stools and standing up during a key change 🙈

Why does Cheryl get such a long solo?! Her voice is just really mediocre and she can’t project at all, she’s just singing prettily into the microphone, I can hardly hear her
Surely they wouldn’t be allowed to release it as their debut as it’s not an original song?

Reactions: 8

This is SO Louis Walsh. God bless Xenomania.

Why does Cheryl get such a long solo?! Her voice is just really mediocre and she can’t project at all, she’s just singing prettily into the microphone, I can hardly hear her
Surely they wouldn’t be allowed to release it as their debut as it’s not an original song?
If I remember rightly it was whoever got in the band first got lead vocals! I think they would have - OTV did a beegees cover after all!

Reactions: 3
Watching that I’d never realised before how unorthodox Nadine holds a mic compared to the others and now I’ll never be able to unsee it 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6

This was never planned was it? It was just a b side 😭 both bands released 2 songs

Reactions: 1
I was looking through their earlier performances the other day and this is one of my favourites (as short as it is). I just wish there was a similar one with Kimberley and Nicola there.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
She reminds me of Camila and Jesy at times. They are perfect when singing in harmony with the rest of the group but on their own can sometimes sound like a cat being doctored when live.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.