Girls Aloud #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It annoys me abit how Cheryl towards the end of GA always used to slag off old videos and styles though. I mean it got them to where they are today so why take the piss so much. I get it about no good advice but they were always trend lead so of course it dates x

Still enjoyed listening to it though!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
It annoys me abit how Cheryl towards the end of GA always used to slag off old videos and styles though. I mean it got them to where they are today so why take the piss so much. I get it about no good advice but they were always trend lead so of course it dates x

Still enjoyed listening to it though!
And it was better than bleeping "i dont need a parachute" boring :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
100% Cheryl first album was really boring and try hard to be artistic and cool. I have listened to it recently, songs very samey. I always like it when they shifted to a new look for each single, I had nadines the show hair for prom with the blonde patch, loved it!

Reactions: 9
100% Cheryl first album was really boring and try hard to be artistic and cool. I have listened to it recently, songs very samey. I always like it when they shifted to a new look for each single, I had nadines the show hair for prom with the blonde patch, loved it!
The GA stuff always had a fun element with it despite being a bit mad and quirky sometimes but I don't think Cheryl quite grasped that's what made them cool and unique, Cheryl's solo stuff was dullllll AF she just wanted to do basic r&b ballads with the band and if they had done that they'd have never been as big as they got!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
The only Cheryl song I liked was 'Three Words' with Will I Am

Reactions: 4
Cheryl took herself way too seriously with the solo stuff. I like some of her tracks, sexy den a mutha is on my gym playlist atm! GA were collectively fun like spice girls. Until we got to out of control.

Reactions: 3
‘A Million Lights’ was the only decent album by Cheryl. I think she really was just a cash cow that thought anything would sell and had absolutely no creative control (or passion) over what made any album - she was literally just a brand.

but yeah, I did like AML.

Reactions: 1
‘A Million Lights’ was the only decent album by Cheryl. I think she really was just a cash cow that thought anything would sell and had absolutely no creative control (or passion) over what made any album - she was literally just a brand.

but yeah, I did like AML.
My favourite was Only Human, I think it’s because it was more poppy than R&B. Messy Little Raindrops was by far the worst and even 3 Words (in my opinion) was full of fillers.

When Brian Higgins said that what he was trying with Xenomania to avoid was "Swedish Lite 2.0" that's exactly what Cheryl went and did with her solo albums 😭😭😭

Reactions: 2
Cheryl took herself way too seriously with the solo stuff. I like some of her tracks, sexy den a mutha is on my gym playlist atm! GA were collectively fun like spice girls. Until we got to out of control.
The irony that ‘out of control’ was their most reigned in and polished album

Reactions: 4
My favourite was Only Human, I think it’s because it was more poppy than R&B. Messy Little Raindrops was by far the worst and even 3 Words (in my opinion) was full of fillers.
MLR was absolutely diabolical

I keep seeing FB ads for Cheryl’s play and, god, she’s really ruined her face. There’s something so odd about her upper lip area.

C5A6E86C-5AF7-4C48-A40D-C7497AFF7853.jpeg

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
MLR was absolutely diabolical
I'd be so embarrassed to have released an album that bad.

I feel mean in that I'm looking forward to reviews of her performance in the play. The poster looks like someone trying out Joey from Friends "smell the fart" acting technique!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I'd be so embarrassed to have released an album that bad.

I feel mean in that I'm looking forward to reviews of her performance in the play. The poster looks like someone trying out Joey from Friends "smell the fart" acting technique!
I’m seeing it in April and I’m intrigued. A bit of me hopes she pulls it off because there’s so many people waiting for her to fail.

Reactions: 2
I’m going to see it next Saturday. I really hope she pulls it off and doesn’t do a Martine. I’m hoping that she can last at least a week. Will report back - I’m actually quietly optimistic that she’ll actually be good.

Reactions: 8
I’m seeing it in April and I’m intrigued. A bit of me hopes she pulls it off because there’s so many people waiting for her to fail.
I don't "want her to fail" (though I'm sure there are those who do!) but it's come so out of nowhere that she is suddenly an actress, and that poster is so laughably bad...it would be a big shock indeed if she turns out to be good.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.