Giles Coren - offensive, diminutive, entitled

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Coren’s a completo cunto, but can we please dispense with attacking someone on account of their height? Not cool, kids.
Absolutely nothing wrong with being of any height. What’s baffling is why GC lies about it- he seems to be the one who thinks it’s an issue. He’s so utterly enabled and entitled he lies about what people can see with their own eyes, he’s so sure that he will never be brought to account for it.

No-one is attacking him because he isn’t 5ft9. They’re attacking (or at least, criticising him) because he *says* he’s 5ft9 and he’s around 5ft5/6.

Unfortunately, ‘short man syndrome’ is a thing. Not all less-than-average-height men have it (because they rightly know your worth is not your height) but it seems to be that GC is a very angry man who clearly has enough of a complex about his height to lie about it.

If that was all he did, fair enough, I agree let’s not poke the bear as it were. All celebs feel the glare of the public eye. But this is a man who uses ‘pweirdo’ as a casual insult, peppers his work with unsubtle racism and homophobia, mocks the dead and threatens violence on children and seniors alike. He’s vile, his height is literally a non-issue.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I am so glad that this thread exists.

It's just a shame that Giles Coren does.

& I'm just going to come out and say it: Someone who accuses people of being paedophiles so often, and the article about holidaying with his daughter show me (& this is just an OPINION) that paedophilia turns him on.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I am so glad that this thread exists.

It's just a shame that Giles Coren does.

& I'm just going to come out and say it: Someone who accuses people of being paedophiles so often, and the article about holidaying with his daughter show me (& this is just an OPINION) that paedophilia turns him on.
It's definitely on his mind a lot. It's the first thing his mind jumps to when attacking. I would love to see him lose like Katie Hopkins.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Bradley Walsh who presents The Chase is 5ft8 so that means he is shorter than Giles Coren who is apparently 5ft9.

E5C8AA50-690F-4070-810A-A229EA309412.png

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Giles Coren is simply one revolting person with appalling anger issues. How he gets away with things for which other people would be instantly fired is incredible. I hope he has finally crossed a line this time.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Giles Coren is simply one revolting person with appalling anger issues. How he gets away with things for which other people would be instantly fired is incredible. I hope he has finally crossed a line this time.
The silence from any paymaster is deafening unless he’s been bollocked privately and given a warning.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
The silence from any paymaster is deafening unless he’s been bollocked privately and given a warning.
I think he has gone way beyond the private warning stage. If his employer has any integrity whatsoever Coren should be fired for what he wrote. Many other people have lost their jobs for far less and Coren is a serial offender.

Reactions: 10
I don’t think he’s been banned but he’s certainly staying uncharacteristically quiet, probably hoping it will all blow over. He always goes through his Twitter and deletes the insults, it feels like he’s posting them when inebriated or on a rage, he’s really shown his true colours in anger.

Reactions: 5
Do you mean he deletes all the insults about him or the insulting tweets he makes to other people?

Also this is interesting:

6D6BD317-EF18-495F-8C31-FD789860B001.png

Seems like a very long holiday. Also does anyone know how you submit an official complaint to Netflix?

I do wish that people would get Dawn Foster's age right. She was 33 when she died, not 34, as a simple google will tell you.
ETA I mean this as a dig at journalists and sub editors rather than anything else.

Reactions: 3
I can’t believe this thread has got to 18 bloody pages before I realised it existed. I hate Giles Coren. Truly one of the most loathsome individuals to ever waltz into a lucrative media career.

Can’t stand his sister either. I wanted to like her. I really tried. But there’s something about her voice and her demeanour which comes across as so supercilious.

She gets away with a lot, purely for being a lot nicer than Giles. But that ain’t saying much.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I can’t believe this thread has got to 18 bloody pages before I realised it existed. I hate Giles Coren. Truly one of the most loathsome individuals to ever waltz into a lucrative media career.

Can’t stand his sister either. I wanted to like her. I really tried. But there’s something about her voice and her demeanour which comes across as so supercilious.

She gets away with a lot, purely for being a lot nicer than Giles. But that ain’t saying much.
I still want to like her for some reason. Though her painful 'jokes' and knowing raised eyebrows in Only Connect are seriously testing my resolve.
I will suspend judgement until Taskmaster which really does seem to expose twats if they are twats.

Reactions: 4
On TalkRadio just now there was an ad ("We're back!") for Giles Coren and Esther Walker's podcast, available "every Friday wherever you get your podcasts".

The last episode appears to have been 09 July. Does this mean there'll be a fresh one tomorrow?
20210805_062309.jpg

20210805_062648.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I suspect he’s only been quiet because they’ve been on holiday, or something. There are never any repercussions for men like him.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I still want to like her for some reason. Though her painful 'jokes' and knowing raised eyebrows in Only Connect are seriously testing my resolve.
I will suspend judgement until Taskmaster which really does seem to expose twats if they are twats.
I’ve just got into Taskmaster. Who do you think came across as a twit on it?

Reactions: 1

I agree. I find it hard to like anyone who is a professional smartarse.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.