Giles Coren - offensive, diminutive, entitled

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's GC's 52nd birthday today, and he hasn't tweeted for 10 days, aside from the few non-critical tweets he's been @-ed in, the majority are still incredulous that he is still in employ, and that all attempts to complain have hit a brick wall. He really is protected, for some strange reason.

His wife has literally written articles on how Twitter can turn people into trolls - I'd argue that the accessibility of Twitter vs a scripted, prerecorded or edited output means that some 'celebs' can't help but show off their real personality, which in CG's case is a vile little man who thinks he is morally superior to everyone.
This ☝☝☝☝☝☝☝ 👏👏👏👏👏

Reactions: 4
I do get what you are saying and would not wish what he went through on anyone, but, there are many others who have been through similar and worse who have not turned into grade A twats nor revelled in someone's death.
Yes, I agree. I said “feel a bit sorry for” not “totally absolve” him.

Reactions: 8
I still haven't heard back from my resubmitted complaint to the BBC about BBC Studios etc. I wonder if they and The Times are in damage limitation mode and have put him on a Twitter ban?

Reactions: 7
It will be interesting to see what Giles talks about on the next episode of Giles Coren Has No Idea. Here are some ideas: what a massive wanker he is; how he would get a gold medal in the dick head Olympics; why it is important to say sorry when you’ve done something wrong; why you should never speak ill of the dead; privilege and how to wear it gracefully (maybe he could get some tips from his more successful and popular contemporaries Louis Theroux or Adam and Joe) …

Re: the rumour my friend heard about Giles lying about his height.

I took some screen grabs of Giles and Sue Perkins (5ft5) doing Supersizers. They look exactly the same height to me. If anything Sue looks a bit taller in the first photo. There is absolutely no way Giles is 5ft9 if Sue is 5ft5. Why do tiny men always pretend to be 5ft9? I guess there is no way they could get away with 6 ft (the dream!) and 5 ft 9 is the minimum height to be considered tall. That ghastly American right wing pundit Ben Shapiro also lies about being 5ft9 when he is actually 5ft4. What do other people think?

9CC12A73-EF17-4338-9F23-6B14393742E7.png
)
6857654F-F18B-4BC1-BDE6-3A3F216EF54F.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
It will be interesting to see what Giles talks about on the next episode of Giles Coren Has No Idea. Here are some ideas: what a massive wanker he is; how he would get a gold medal in the dick head Olympics; why it is important to say sorry when you’ve done something wrong; why you should never speak ill of the dead; privilege and how to wear it gracefully (maybe he could get some tips from his more successful and popular contemporaries Louis Theroux or Adam and Joe) …

Re: the rumour my friend heard about Giles lying about his height.

I took some screen grabs of Giles and Sue Perkins (5ft5) doing Supersizers. They look exactly the same height to me. If anything Sue looks a bit taller in the first photo. There is absolutely no way Giles is 5ft9 if Sue is 5ft5. Why do tiny men always pretend to be 5ft9? I guess there is no way they could get away with 6 ft (the dream!) and 5 ft 9 is the minimum height to be considered tall. That ghastly American right wing pundit Ben Shapiro also lies about being 5ft9 when he is actually 5ft4. What do other people think?

View attachment 686302)View attachment 686306
Definitely 5'6" max. He looks like a down and out in the first picture. Anyone know if that's his college scarf?

Reactions: 3
Absolutely no chance he’s 5 foot 9, I’m 5ft9 (which is tall for a woman) and he certainly isn’t.

Then again anyone who creates sock puppet accounts to send vile abuse to themselves so they can play the victim is definitely going to lie about anything and everything. I think there’s some whoppers of his which just haven’t been uncovered yet.

Reactions: 10
Yes, to further develop this theory that Giles Coren, who says he is 5ft9 is adding inches on to his height:

Gordon Ramsay is 6 ft, which would mean Giles Coren is 4 inches shorter than him.
F06D0A30-4CA8-450A-8E97-A4FFD8A6887E.jpeg

Lawrence Llewelyn-Bowen is 5ft10, which would makes Giles 1 inch shorter than him

CC771E5B-34E4-4C15-BD3A-59AC8E5AF0AE.jpeg

David Mitchell is also 5ft10, just one inch taller than Giles.

BD3FBB4E-3AC8-4707-A203-F2DF126EBBFE.jpeg

And … Tom Parker-Bowles is apparently 5ft9, which is the same height as Giles Coren who is also 5ft9.

A44D74F7-FF12-43CB-A95C-CC314DD016FC.jpeg

Is Giles really 5 ft 9. Or is everyone else lying about their heights? Discuss.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I asked my friend who is a very successful TV producer why Giles hasn’t been on Bake Off or Masterchef and she said that he has a reputation for being a “complete c**t” so that he is effectively blacklisted by some production companies. Jay Rayner is a critic on Masterchef, but it’s strange Giles hasn’t been on it. Also she said that she’d heard from someone who worked as a runner on Supersizers that although Giles says he is 5 ft 9, they reckoned he’d added a couple of inches onto his height which was obvious when he put the costumes on. He looks a similar height to Sue Perkins who is 5 ft 5 in photos and also not much taller than Monica Galleti, who is 5 ft 6. 🤔
I encountered GC in real life a good few years ago, and can confirm that he’s shorter than me (I’m 5’ 7”). He is very small. He also has a very funny walk, and I suspected he was wearing built-up shoes.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Coren’s a completo cunto, but can we please dispense with attacking someone on account of their height? Not cool, kids.
i dont think its his height as such just the fact that he feels the need to lie about it, so we people feel the need to call him out on it!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Lying about your height betrays a mixture of vanity and insecurity, I’d say. And it’s so pointless - everyone *knows* you’re lying.

Reactions: 13
Yes, to further develop this theory that Giles Coren, who says he is 5ft9 is adding inches on to his height:

Gordon Ramsay is 6 ft, which would mean Giles Coren is 4 inches shorter than him.
View attachment 687548

Lawrence Llewelyn-Bowen is 5ft10, which would makes Giles 1 inch shorter than him

View attachment 687560

David Mitchell is also 5ft10, just one inch taller than Giles.

View attachment 687580

And … Tom Parker-Bowles is apparently 5ft9, which is the same height as Giles Coren who is also 5ft9.

View attachment 687575

Is Giles really 5 ft 9. Or is everyone else lying about their heights? Discuss.
Tom Parker-Bowles looks like he has been forced to stand next to Giles on pain of being shot. Tom has connections out the wazoo even without his stepfather but he doesn't seem to go on about them like Giles or be so thoroughly nasty.

The only one who looks relatively happy to be next to him is his brother-in-law; Gordon Ramsay's smile looks more like a grimace if you look at his eyes.

ETA Tom also has a better tailor.

Reactions: 11
I know a short man who is exactly like Giles. He has confessed he is the way he is because he is short (I am talking Mr Pepperpot-esque).

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.