Giles Coren - offensive, diminutive, entitled

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do feel this Daddy’s-fame-rinser deserves his own thread. Recently he’s:

- tweeted how happy he was that a fellow journalist has died at a fairly young age & that she should go ‘off to hell’
- then deleted and reposted the tweet removing the reference to hell and replacing it with laughter
- he lied about why he’s gleeful she’s dead (he said she mocked his family, she did not, in fact, she only ever tweeted about him twice)
- posted an article in the times where he talks INCREDIBLY inappropriately about his three year old daughter and his holiday with her being the ‘sexiest’ he’s ever had (vomit)
- admitted to setting up a random Twitter account to tweet horrific anti Semitic abuse at his official account

If this was anyone else there would be uproar. But no,this third rate writer has a thrice weekly column in the Times!

Can anyone else not stand this odious little man?!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
Apparently the journalist who died had the temerity to point out his inherited privilege in a couple of tweets.She hardly "trolled" him or said vile things about him and his family.His tweets about her death were disgusting and he should be fired.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I’m so glad you started this thread @AlwightDallin, from the little I know of him I’ve always thought he seemed like a prick, but his tweets about Dawn Foster were genuinely shocking, he’s a vile, sick man. Dawn Foster was by all accounts a really good person and a fantastic journalist, but because he had some petty grudge against her he decided to tweet this just days after she passed away. (I’ve put the tweets behind a spoiler because they really are just horrible and twisted).

the original version he deleted

8D1C2334-B150-4A3F-9689-5B094DA4A1A6.jpeg

and the second version

A2C5D0A7-B9DD-4E3C-9E3A-B3504FCA215F.jpeg

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 45
he really is a nasty little entitled bleep, so different to his sister-unless anyone knows anyhting different, she always seemed okay to me

• Heart
Reactions: 33
He has serious problems - seem to remember he goes off at the deep end whenever anyone mentions his father/nepotism/how his father was actually talented. He had some falling out with one of his father's friends about it I think? The venom which comes out of him is appalling and disgraceful, he should have been sacked several times over by now. Dawn Foster was uniquely and independently talented and devoted to exposing the hideous inequalities in our society. Nobody deserves to be talked about like that, least of all her. I feel for his kids. Why is his wife still with him?

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Huge dislike for the man, love Monica who he often works with. Shame his personality gets in the way of a good tv programme.

Remember he “confirmed” the Prince William affair?! Disgusting human doing that do a family. Odious gossip.

• Sick
Reactions: 29
To sink to laughing at the death of a 33 year old because she once said you got your job because of your family connections is a new level of bitterness.

Giles obviously has some serious issues he needs to see a therapist for rather than taking to twitter.

Reactions: 41
To sink to laughing at the death of a 33 year old because she once said you got your job because of your family connections is a new level of bitterness.

Giles obviously has some serious issues he needs to see a therapist for rather than taking to twitter.
What an odious lowlife he is. And the arrogance to feel like he can just splatter all of this invective publically with no serious consequences for him. The stinking privilege.

Reactions: 19
He's an odious bleep, and I'm not just saying that because I'm jealous that he probably shagged Sue Perkins :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
One time he created a fake twitter account to send himself Anti-Semitic abuse. So he could play the victim.

Albeit being good looking, his narcissism, general manner and just being a classist bleep in general. Just makes him so ugly. Also, he looks like a poor mans Tom Ellis.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
I’ve loved his wife Esther’s writing for years, I think she’s hilarious. But I just can’t read her any more knowing she’s married to him and therefore must think his behaviour is acceptable!? I really don’t get it, I’d love the be a fly on the wall in their house.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I used to love Giles on the show she did with Sue. He came across as a great personality on those shows. But since then Ive increasingly seen he’s not nice and what he has said about Dawn Foster was disgusting.

Reactions: 25
Thanks for starting this thread. Always thought he was an entitled, talentless arse . Always gratifying when you're proved correct.
His sister comes across as a brusque witch. Feel quite sorry for David Mitchell - he seems nice.

Reactions: 23
Both he and his sister think that they are very much cleverer and funnier than they actually are.

He's a nasty, talentless prick.

Reactions: 42
Ah, I'm a massive fan of Victoria. She does have an odd sense of humour, but I find that endearing.
Very different to her brother.

Reactions: 34
Those tweets are appalling and shocking. I hope he loses work for his comments about Dawn Foster. That sort of comment should not be tolerated.

Reactions: 24
Really weird Tweets. If they were all recent, I’d say I was worried about his mental state and wondering if he was having some sort of breakdown. But he’s been doing this for years.

He was in my localish paper (at the time) years ago because he got into a Twitter spat with some literal children who used a derogatory term. Instead of just reporting them to the head or blocking them, he said he was going to rape their father.

And this is how he treats sub-editors.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.