Giles Coren - offensive, diminutive, entitled

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
duck that sounds horrendous.
Six year olds sent away to boarding school 😢
It was Westminster School in London so he wasn’t a boarder. He also says he was mugged by local youth every morning so that would have been on his way to school, if it’s true.

Reactions: 1
Oh that's true - no mention of boarding.
Ignore me!
I just checked and the Westminster Under School from age 7-13 doesn’t have boarding but the Westminster School from age 12 does do boarding. They are both in Victoria.

Sorry and saddened for his horrible childhood experiences, but I don't feel sorry for him as an adult with a public platform that chooses to disrespect victims that have suffered abuse by using such revenge language with anyone he gets into a Barney with. Use that voice to help others instead of making a mockery of it.

Reactions: 11
He has sent his son to the same school (Hall), which seems an odd thing to do.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Why would anyone in the public eye want to broadcast where their children go to school or to show their faces on social media? It is completely irresponsible and insane. I guess the Coren’s don’t care about privacy if Giles is writing about his son’s foreskin/weight problem or Esther’s disappointment that her 7 year old isn’t interested in make up.

I think writing about which prep school Sam goes to is all part of Giles’s bragging about what a big success he is: his own education at Westminster and Oxford, his houses in Kentish Town and his barn conversion in the Cotswolds, his Landrover Defender, his Jaguar I-Pace (whoops that keeps getting nicked) etc. Is it really that much of an achievement that Alan Coren’s son has achieved these things, arguably due to the nepotistic connections his father blessed him with?

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
This is interesting. Does he just sit at home playing sock puppets all day?

I wonder if he is watching this thread. 👋 Giley! He is exactly the sort of narcissist that would have Google alerts set up for their name. Not even his multiple sock puppets can save from Tattle though!

Ash Sarkat is the journalist Julie Burchill had to pay “substantial damages” to for libelling. I wouldn’t call her “a massive witch” if I was Giles.

Is that the same article for SpaceNK that Sali Hughes criticised? It is pretty idiotic, the idea that you can either be a clever scientist or someone who wears make up. Even if it is satire it doesn’t really land. Also it doesn’t seem like Sali Hughes was trolling Esther by criticising the article as Giles suggested in his ranty video.
Sali and her coven were vile to Esther. I am not sticking up for Giles in any way but he quite rightly called out SH on what she did. Tweets all since deleted now.

Reactions: 12
Is that the same article for SpaceNK that Sali Hughes criticised? It is pretty idiotic, the idea that you can either be a clever scientist or someone who wears make up. Even if it is satire it doesn’t really land. Also it doesn’t seem like Sali Hughes was trolling Esther by criticising the article as Giles suggested in his ranty video.
The thing is (or, as Sali Hughes might say: can I put this into perspective for you?) SH didn't just criticise the article she tweeted that she felt 'hugely sorry' for the Corens' children.

Given that SH had made the groundless claim that we (the trolls, weirdos and arseholes of Tattle) had criticised her parenting, I was pleased that GC spoke out.

Reactions: 15
The thing is (or, as Sali Hughes might say: can I put this into perspective for you?) SH didn't just criticise the article she tweeted that she felt 'hugely sorry' for the Corens' children.

Given that SH had made the groundless claim that we (the trolls, weirdos and arseholes of Tattle) had criticised her parenting, I was pleased that GC spoke out.
It sounds a bit like Giles’ tweets that didn’t specifically name Dawn Foster but we’re obviously about her.
4F7128AB-289E-422C-9199-DDE619AB5C46.jpeg
952DBEA5-8FA3-4B70-B0ED-72BC91359033.png

Yes that was it exactly. Plus Sali had faux amazement that Esther could be upset as she (Sali) hadn't actually '@' her. Which made it OK.
Yet that rule didn't apply to her criticism of here.

Reactions: 14
I think writing about which prep school Sam goes to is all part of Giles’s bragging about what a big success he is: his own education at Westminster and Oxford, his houses in Kentish Town and his barn conversion in the Cotswolds, his Landrover Defender, his Jaguar I-Pace (whoops that keeps getting nicked) etc. Is it really that much of an achievement that Alan Coren’s son has achieved these things, arguably due to the nepotistic connections his father blessed him with?
How tacky and very nouveau riche.

Reactions: 8
He can brag all he likes but he must be desperately unhappy and insecure to be so offended by someone suggesting he might've benefitted from nepotism that he would publicly revel in their death. Sad little man.

I asked my friend who is a very successful TV producer why Giles hasn’t been on Bake Off or Masterchef and she said that he has a reputation for being a “complete c**t” so that he is effectively blacklisted by some production companies. Jay Rayner is a critic on Masterchef, but it’s strange Giles hasn’t been on it. Also she said that she’d heard from someone who worked as a runner on Supersizers that although Giles says he is 5 ft 9, they reckoned he’d added a couple of inches onto his height which was obvious when he put the costumes on. He looks a similar height to Sue Perkins who is 5 ft 5 in photos and also not much taller than Monica Galleti, who is 5 ft 6. 🤔

• Haha
Amateur psychology guesswork: Maybe he mentions horrible sexual abuse so much and has such a chip on his shoulder because that’s what happened to him at school?

From an esquire article about picking a school for his son:

“I was sent to a fully uniformed, all-male, old-fashioned, results-driven private school at the age of six and was left there until, well, basically yesterday. I wore shorts and a pink blazer and cap and was mugged by local youth every morning of my life. And in the afternoons I was molested by a teacher. Not badly (although these days, they tell me, "rape is rape") but I was spanked and frotted and tickled, rewarded with chocolates by one teacher for staying in shorts throughout the winter term, punished by another — many times — by having my head buried in his (trousered) crotch until I couldn't breathe.”

You know - he is an angry man, and he directs his vitriol in a fairly scattergun way but maybe we should feel a bit sorry for him.
I do get what you are saying and would not wish what he went through on anyone, but, there are many others who have been through similar and worse who have not turned into grade A twats nor revelled in someone's death.

Reactions: 10
I do get what you are saying and would not wish what he went through on anyone, but, there are many others who have been through similar and worse who have not turned into grade A twats nor revelled in someone's death.
I think you can feel sorry for someone but also hold them accountable for their terrible behaviour and potentially assuaging their own pain by lashing out horribly at others and generally behaving like a cock.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Giles Coren makes Piers Morgan
seem like the Nation’s Sweetheart😁.

I know Piers is loathed by many for good reasons but I don’t ever imagine him being as cruel and bitter as Coren.

The more I think about what Coren has tweeted the more revolting he becomes.
@LyraBalaqua Piers Morgan is equally as loathsome imo. Look at most recent article he's written about Simone Biles

Reactions: 4
It's GC's 52nd birthday today, and he hasn't tweeted for 10 days, aside from the few non-critical tweets he's been @-ed in, the majority are still incredulous that he is still in employ, and that all attempts to complain have hit a brick wall. He really is protected, for some strange reason.

His wife has literally written articles on how Twitter can turn people into trolls - I'd argue that the accessibility of Twitter vs a scripted, prerecorded or edited output means that some 'celebs' can't help but show off their real personality, which in CG's case is a vile little man who thinks he is morally superior to everyone.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.