Gender Discussions #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just want to drop this here. Someone in a discussion on twitter Referred to a self identified woman as transgendered. No no no, apparently They don’t identify as trans but as “muxe”

and this is apparently seen as a third gender. Why is this a third gender and that’s fine but trans can’t be and have to appropriate real women’s rights? Answers on a postcard please.
huh? I'm lost

• Haha
Reactions: 1
So there’s a thread on Reddit In r/askwomen In which op asks which woman do you think is bleeping it up for the rest of us in terms of feminism. Of course JKR got a mention (second top comment at the time). The comment thread would be hilarious if it weren’t so full of actual crap being spewed. Of course because of the nature of the thread, you’re not allowed to comment and argue back which gives them the perfect opportunity to spread misinformation about how JKR is responsible for the suicide of every trans person who ever lived🙄 Also willing to bet my life on at least half the people talking about JKR being a ‘terf’ on that thread aren’t even real women themselves.

Reactions: 8
So there’s a thread on Reddit In r/askwomen In which op asks which woman do you think is bleeping it up for the rest of us in terms of feminism. Of course JKR got a mention (second top comment at the time). The comment thread would be hilarious if it weren’t so full of actual crap being spewed. Of course because of the nature of the thread, you’re not allowed to comment and argue back which gives them the perfect opportunity to spread misinformation about how JKR is responsible for the suicide of every trans person who ever lived🙄 Also willing to bet my life on at least half the people talking about JKR being a ‘terf’ on that thread aren’t even real women themselves.
The suicide thing really gets me. I can't remember if it was on this or the JK Rowling thread but someone told me that trans people suffer the highest rate of suicides and that with my TERFy views I was directly contributing to that. The NHS and The Samaritans are very clear that suicide is a complex process and no blame should be attributed, the only person who knows why is the person that took their own lives.

Sounds like those people on that Reddit thread are TWITs. Trans women ignoring truth

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Saw this in a whiney article

"Saying a trans woman was born a boy is problematic. I wasn’t born a boy. I was born me. I’ve always been me. I was assigned male at birth but I wasn’t born a boy. A doctor or a midwife or a nurse took one look between my legs and decided I was male. No one asked me and I wasted the best part of my life trying to conform to that assignation"

How dare the doctor or midwife or nurse decide you were male based on having a penis!

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Saw this in a whiney article

"Saying a trans woman was born a boy is problematic. I wasn’t born a boy. I was born me. I’ve always been me. I was assigned male at birth but I wasn’t born a boy. A doctor or a midwife or a nurse took one look between my legs and decided I was male. No one asked me and I wasted the best part of my life trying to conform to that assignation"

How dare the doctor or midwife or nurse decide you were male based on having a penis!
The mental gymnastics is impressive I’ll give them that....

Reactions: 4
The mental gymnastics is impressive I’ll give them that....
The article came about after someone said they rejected the term cis. Cue cries of "white male privilege". I utterly reject the term cis too. Isn't it amazing that we have to go along with their language and have to describe them how they want but can't object to the terms they force upon us?

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Sorry but this is all bleeping ridiculous.
I’ve had a friend online since the age of eleven; we have a mutual friend who while born female identifies as non binary. Because they’re an internet friend they’re not a friend I see often. They’re on a website similar to this but with more customisation in the profile area - name, age, picture of yourself etc. The main area where you chat is forum based and you have to click through to look at their profile. The problem? Being ‘non binary’ to them means switching between male and female presentation/pronouns staunchly each day. I got it mixed up once and referred to them as a dude, “aw dude, how are you?”
Apparently I should’ve looked at their profile and saw which pronouns and name they were going by that day (no photo, and the name thing doesn’t help as they have a ‘purposefully gender neutral name’ e.g. Pencil) because they find terms like ‘man’ and ‘dude’ offensive if they’re presenting as female.
I very nearly lost that other friend - who has ‘known‘ me since I was eleven - because then, in a private conversation talking about our non binary chum, I accidentally used she/her pronouns. Genuinely, the venom I had spat at me that day. I got ignored for weeks, labelled transphobic, had to apologise to my friend (not the NB person) or ‘he’d tell them what i did’, and now only talk to them briefly. 🤷🏻‍♀️
I’ve genuinely had it drummed into me to use they/them and happily will to people I know IRL if that’s what they want but I hate that there’s no leeway whatsoever - you make one mistake, you’re the devil incarnate. And I think if someone changes something big about themselves like their gender identity of COURSE people will find it hard to cope with at first?! How is it okay for the trans/NB person to question, tie themselves in knots, over their identity - but those around them can’t ever mess up? 🤨 It’s not just here, you see it a lot on twitter, oh your transphobic parents didn’t refer to you using your pronouns, they’re EVIL. No!

• Wow
Reactions: 15
I’ve had a friend online since the age of eleven; we have a mutual friend who while born female identifies as non binary. Because they’re an internet friend they’re not a friend I see often. They’re on a website similar to this but with more customisation in the profile area - name, age, picture of yourself etc. The main area where you chat is forum based and you have to click through to look at their profile. The problem? Being ‘non binary’ to them means switching between male and female presentation/pronouns staunchly each day. I got it mixed up once and referred to them as a dude, “aw dude, how are you?”
Apparently I should’ve looked at their profile and saw which pronouns and name they were going by that day (no photo, and the name thing doesn’t help as they have a ‘purposefully gender neutral name’ e.g. Pencil) because they find terms like ‘man’ and ‘dude’ offensive if they’re presenting as female.
I very nearly lost that other friend - who has ‘known‘ me since I was eleven - because then, in a private conversation talking about our non binary chum, I accidentally used she/her pronouns. Genuinely, the venom I had spat at me that day. I got ignored for weeks, labelled transphobic, had to apologise to my friend (not the NB person) or ‘he’d tell them what i did’, and now only talk to them briefly. 🤷🏻‍♀️
I’ve genuinely had it drummed into me to use they/them and happily will to people I know IRL if that’s what they want but I hate that there’s no leeway whatsoever - you make one mistake, you’re the devil incarnate. And I think if someone changes something big about themselves like their gender identity of COURSE people will find it hard to cope with at first?! How is it okay for the trans/NB person to question, tie themselves in knots, over their identity - but those around them can’t ever mess up? 🤨 It’s not just here, you see it a lot on twitter, oh your transphobic parents didn’t refer to you using your pronouns, they’re EVIL. No!
We need an eyeroll reaction emoji. Honestly!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
FFS. Wayyyy too much time on their hands.

Reactions: 2
with female friends we've used dude and man before.. god that interaction sounds exhausting tbh. The genderfluid, non binary tit shocks me more in some ways because can you imagine reffering to someone as he instead of she on the wrong day in a meeting then getting reported to HR? I'm really sorry, personally I'm staying far away from people like that as much as possible. At least with fully transitioned people once you get used to it they don't expect you to be a mind reader and guess what they want to be called that day. ugh so spoiled honestly.

Reactions: 10
That person was just being precious and needs to grow up.

We need an eyeroll reaction emoji. Honestly!
Been saying this for months 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
with female friends we've used dude and man before.. god that interaction sounds exhausting tbh. The genderfluid, non binary tit shocks me more in some ways because can you imagine reffering to someone as he instead of she on the wrong day in a meeting then getting reported to HR? I'm really sorry, personally I'm staying far away from people like that as much as possible. At least with fully transitioned people once you get used to it they don't expect you to be a mind reader and guess what they want to be called that day. ugh so spoiled honestly.
I agree. I will also give someone like that a swerve not because I'm "phobic " but because I don't want to have to watch what I say for fear of causing offence. It's hard to be spontaneous and yourself around people who are constantly primed to seek offence or rebuke you for saying what they deem the wrong thing

Reactions: 8
Where can I find the link to the first thread to this please? The search bar only comes up with this thread "#2"

Where can I find the link to the first thread to this please? The search bar only comes up with this thread "#2"
Here you go

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.