Gender Discussions #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When I first saw ‘black trans lives matter’ I did the biggest eye roll. Surely you would come under the ‘black lives matter’ umbrella as a black trans person? They really do have to put themselves in the centre of everything and the most bizarre thing is so many people encourage it!

I was so shocked when I first read about the comparisons to black women. As far as I’m concerned black women have always been women, like it never entered my head to consider them anything else. I am shocked that the trans lobby are even allowed to make the comparison between black women and trans women, it’s outright racist.

Reactions: 15
When I first saw ‘black trans lives matter’ I did the biggest eye roll. Surely you would come under the ‘black lives matter’ umbrella as a black trans person? They really do have to put themselves in the centre of everything and the most bizarre thing is so many people encourage it!

I was so shocked when I first read about the comparisons to black women. As far as I’m concerned black women have always been women, like it never entered my head to consider them anything else. I am shocked that the trans lobby are even allowed to make the comparison between black women and trans women, it’s outright racist.
same never even crossed my mind, it's like 1800's mentality repackaged

Reactions: 5
Has anyone listened to Joe Rogan's podcast from about a week ago with Abigail Shrier? Well worth a listen. She's the author of a book called "Irreversible Damage: The Transgender Craze Seducing Our Daughters." Honestly, thank god for people like Rogan!

Reactions: 9
That R29 article has pissed me off and shocked me in ways I can't even articulate

That reminds me- I meant to post this here at the time but didn't get around to it. I was chatting to a male friend about the issues surrounding the modern trans ideology. One of the points I mentioned was around the safe spaces for women. He argued that he could feel threatened by a gay guy in the male toilets. I was so frustrated and had to explain to him that it's not the same thing at all. He did agree on the sports issue though.

It's so frustrating how men just don't get it!

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Sorry if I missed this catching up on the thread, but was r/LGBDropTheT banned too??? Christ.

Reactions: 2
That R29 article has pissed me off and shocked me in ways I can't even articulate

That reminds me- I meant to post this here at the time but didn't get around to it. I was chatting to a male friend about the issues surrounding the modern trans ideology. One of the points I mentioned was around the safe spaces for women. He argued that he could feel threatened by a gay guy in the male toilets. I was so frustrated and had to explain to him that it's not the same thing at all. He did agree on the sports issue though.

It's so frustrating how men just don't get it!
Sorry to quote myself but I wanted to add something else about men not getting it- it can be very much like "silly hysterical women worrying over nothing". Please listen to us when we tell you something!

Sorry if I missed this catching up on the thread, but was r/LGBDropTheT banned too??? Christ.
Meanwhile, the abusive and misogynistic ones remain

Also, I can't help but think right-wing men are our biggest ally in this. I've been talking to a male friend about this who says he's left but he definitely sounds more right-wing than most left people I know, and he completely agrees with all we've been saying. I watched that Change My Mind video and agreed with all he said there, although I don't agree with his pro-life, pro-guns stances and his belief that male privilege doesn't exist. Then I also started getting similar recommendations from Charlie Kirk, a Trump supporter who did a similar change my mind thing on gender.

I'd never heard of that change my mind guy until the video was posted here and I thought it was great. I looked into him afterwards and definitely don't agree with his other stances (he was also very preachy about pre marital sex) but on the gender stuff, he's spot on. The problem with left leaning guys is they want to be seen as woke and inclusive

The other issue is that I think people genuinely don't understand it or haven't looked into it and are just repeating what they've heard

Reactions: 7
Also, I can't help but think right-wing men are our biggest ally in this. I've been talking to a male friend about this who says he's left but he definitely sounds more right-wing than most left people I know, and he completely agrees with all we've been saying. I watched that Change My Mind video and agreed with all he said there, although I don't agree with his pro-life, pro-guns stances and his belief that male privilege doesn't exist. Then I also started getting similar recommendations from Charlie Kirk, a Trump supporter who did a similar change my mind thing on gender.

I find myself questioning my political stance often because of this. I've always been left wing, and voted labour for as long as I could. But in these last few months the narrative the left seems to be taking is one that just doesn't align with my beliefs anymore. I feel very conflicted as I could never identify with the right either, I feel like I have no political home anymore.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I find myself questioning my political stance often because of this. I've always been left wing, and voted labour for as long as I could. But in these last few months the narrative the left seems to be taking is one that just doesn't align with my beliefs anymore. I feel very conflicted as I could never identify with the right either, I feel like I have no political home anymore.
I feel exactly the same.

Also, duck this bullshit. (r/gatekeeping)

1595605762545.png

• Angry
Reactions: 6
I just subbed to r/feminism on Reddit and within minutes I was banned from there, presumably because of terfery. Sad.

• Wow
  • Sad
Can someone please explain the Grimes being upset with Elon Musk story?

I thought that the idea that pronouns “suck” would be considered to be woke, progressive and then welcomed by the liberals (which I imagine by Grimes’ image, baby name choice etc she is) but I’m wrong.

919E13A3-5E01-4C52-93A2-F22A8085C927.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Even Hitler wouldn’t have thought that black women weren't women. TRAs are plumbing new depths with this comparison.

• Haha
I was filling out an online form today and was asked how I identify. I don't identify as female, I am one! I have a vagina, FFS. When will this BS end?

Even Hitler wouldn’t have thought that black women weren't women. TRAs are plumbing new depths with this comparison.
Utterly shameless to co-opt BLM for their own gain, not to mention racist. Despicable

Reactions: 12
I very much feel this too. It seems the only people who are on board with us appear to be on the right-wing of politics. It’s not ideal and I will never, ever vote Conservative, but at least we’re not ‘pissing into the wind’ as it were.

Also, the TRAs and their handmaidens try to frame the GRA, as ‘simply being legislation that will allow transgender people to change their birth certificate’ to fit their delusions to fit their gender identity. They never mention the invasion and demands of access to women and girls’ spaces and their total disregard for the Equality Act along with the birth certificate bollocks. Funny that.

I'm part of a fb group for women in my male-dominated field of work, and someone keeps starting their posts addressing women and non-binary people. How does this make sense? Women is in the name of the group, but by their logic nb people opt out of womanhood so why should they still be addressed in this context?? Do all these people have one iota of consistency between them?

Also check out this abomination

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.