Gender Discussions #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Surely it's time for the tide to start turning against this now? How is this being allowed to carry on? And I bet they were sent to a women's prison too.
And I think the NHS are wrong to let anyone who identifies as a woman onto a women's ward - although I dont know if that happened here.

• Angry
Reactions: 10
Everyone is like “oh how amazing, she’s finally true to herself!” While ignoring the fact all you have to apparently do to be a transgender woman now is put on a dress, wear make up and grow your hair #definitelyNotMisogynisticStereotyping

I actually can’t bear this.

Attachments

Reactions: 12
i try and stay open minded but this is getting offensive, like woman is a costume to be put on

When they purposefully gaslight half the population.
1010a29f5db75fd9.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Surely it's time for the tide to start turning against this now? How is this being allowed to carry on? And I bet they were sent to a women's prison too.
And I think the NHS are wrong to let anyone who identifies as a woman onto a women's ward - although I dont know if that happened here.

Increasingly the DM is one of the only media outlets willing to refer to people like this 👆🏼 as trans.

Also 9 months? 9 bleeping months for accessing child abuse images over 14 years?!

• Angry
Reactions: 9
Someone put on twitter a couple of weeks ago that during lock down they had got fatter and more roll right wing - relatable 😂
Always been on the left and voted labour. Politically homeless

Reactions: 8
The only left wing newspaper to have a gender critical angle is the Morning Star, which I highly recommend. It's owned by its readership. They got into hot water earlier in the year for a 'controversial' caricature, which I personally thought hit the nail on the head, but TRAs gonna TRA...

Reactions: 6
Everyone is like “oh how amazing, she’s finally true to herself!” While ignoring the fact all you have to apparently do to be a transgender woman now is put on a dress, wear make up and grow your hair #definitelyNotMisogynisticStereotyping

An inspiring story?! AGP is so inspiring isn’t it?

Reactions: 4
This cervical cancer thing baffles me. So they want cervical cancer but they want to get rid of breastfeeding? Which is especially confusing since men actually have breast tissue, unlike cervixes (cervices? Cervi?)

Reactions: 5
This cervical cancer thing baffles me. So they want cervical cancer but they want to get rid of breastfeeding? Which is especially confusing since men actually have breast tissue, unlike cervixes (cervices? Cervi?)
They don't have cervixes as the neovagina doesn't lead anywhere for there to be a neck (literal translation of cervix - in this case of the uterus). Males can and (sometimes) do get breast cancer.

Last edited:
what's baffling is that they're conflating sex and gender now. your sex is immutable no matter what you identify as genderwise.. like;
"it's offensive to say only females get it because some men do" - those men are still female!

It gets worse than cervical cancer not being a female issue. Action Aid UK, a charity devoted to working with women and girls living in poverty, has declared that “there is no such thing as a biologically female/male body”.

I’ve got nothing. When a charity working for the most marginalised women and girls across the globe is unable to acknowledge basic biology (and acknowledge that the charity wouldn’t need to exist if females weren’t disadvantaged due to their biology) then... 🤯

They do great work, and STILL don’t have the balls to stand up for women. Argh!

Attachments

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Increasingly the DM is one of the only media outlets willing to refer to people like this 👆🏼 as trans.

Also 9 months? 9 bleeping months for accessing child abuse images over 14 years?!
It's such a slap on the wrist given the severity of what they did. Someone on twitter pointed out that when the news story is of a transwoman committing a crime they are referred to as a woman, but when they are a victim of something they are referred to as a transwoman.
Apparently they are now trying to decide whether to send them to a men's or women's prison given the recent statistics of transwomen sexually assaulting female inmates. TRYING TO DECIDE. How much do women and girls have to suffer and be at risk for someone to finally take us seriously?

Someone put on twitter a couple of weeks ago that during lock down they had got fatter and more roll right wing - relatable 😂
Always been on the left and voted labour. Politically homeless
I feel exactly the same as you about being politically homeless. Everyone has been so quick to give away our rights when they were never theirs to give away in the first place. I just can't believe everything that's happening.

Reactions: 11
ActionAid UK - I am gobsmacked at the idiocy.

Allowing self-determination of our bodies is a basic feminist principle? What the duck does that even mean? Does self-determination help a young girl in Ethiopia who can't attend school because she's menstruating? If she self-determined her body as male, would that solve her problem?

bleeping duck OFF WITH THIS RIDICULOUS IDEOLOGY.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I just want to drop this here. Someone in a discussion on twitter Referred to a self identified woman as transgendered. No no no, apparently They don’t identify as trans but as “muxe”

and this is apparently seen as a third gender. Why is this a third gender and that’s fine but trans can’t be and have to appropriate real women’s rights? Answers on a postcard please.

• Wow

I’m sorry but that is just ridiculous attention seeking. Even old folk can be thirsty for attention. Also funny that it’s a man coming out as a woman and not the other way round. Why are men constantly centering themselves in this? Not to be rude but anyone screened him for dementia/Alzheimer’s?

I saw a post on the Standing For Women fb page where they called out an article where a transwoman weirdo was referred to as a woman. Not even trans woman just woman. It is enraging. We have a hard enough time as it is trying to highlight Male violence and get people to realise that it is a real thing and not just something feminists made up, and now it’s going to become even harder since “look women commit these crimes too, even more recently” the average person won’t be aware of how the stats are being skewed so they will take it a face value.

It just takes away from the reality that a lot of these sexual crimes are committed by men and that male violence is a very real issue that we as a society continue to dance around. You try pointing out Male violence to anyone and see how far you get before they accuse you of sexism.

Why can’t they put them down as trans women at the very least. This is so unfair and dangerous.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
It gets worse than cervical cancer not being a female issue. Action Aid UK, a charity devoted to working with women and girls living in poverty, has declared that “there is no such thing as a biologically female/male body”.

I’ve got nothing. When a charity working for the most marginalised women and girls across the globe is unable to acknowledge basic biology (and acknowledge that the charity wouldn’t need to exist if females weren’t disadvantaged due to their biology) then... 🤯

They do great work, and STILL don’t have the balls to stand up for women. Argh!
Headed by a man, by any chance?

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.