Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sheeeet

Chatty Member
It looks like Jonathan from Queer Eye. I used to like him but have really gone off him. He was always very camp on the show but in the last year he has started dressing in women's clothing while physically still being a man. Says he is "non binary" and identifies as him/he but is okay being called she/her too. It all happened very quickly and seems insincere to me. I don't like it.
I used to really like some of Jonathan's wardrobe, but since announcing they(?) are non-binary, the clothes have been hideous! Beige shapeless tat.

Reactions: 2

Zenchick101

VIP Member
Yes, and the talk of how they were treated at Nazi camps. I can't believe they said they are colonized. What they are saying is so offensive. It reads like someone who is absolutely nuts and needs some time in a psychiatric hospital.

I would struggle in the USA. You've Trump who doesn't coddle this nonsense but then he wants to take away women's rights in other forms i.e. stopping legal abortion, etc.
But then you have the Dems who coddle this insanity but will still keep women's medical rights. Idk.
Yeah it's not black and white at all in that sense over there. Not a fan of his at all, I just feel like this cult might bring in a whole host of other problems and more problems then Trump's political agenda as bad as it is. I feel bad for the genuine trans people but I just want someone, anyone to shut them down and for this nonsense to stop.

Yes, and the talk of how they were treated at Nazi camps. I can't believe they said they are colonized. What they are saying is so offensive. It reads like someone who is absolutely nuts and needs some time in a psychiatric hospital.

I would struggle in the USA. You've Trump who doesn't coddle this nonsense but then he wants to take away women's rights in other forms i.e. stopping legal abortion, etc.
But then you have the Dems who coddle this insanity but will still keep women's medical rights. Idk.
The Nazi thing triggered me too, I guess the colonized part triggered me more on a personal level knowing what people close to me have been through.

Mycuppatea

Hmm, nope. That’s what everyone should be doing, regardless of their sexuality. It’s just common sense. Especially if you fall in a long term relationship and want to forgo condoms/protection. You just don’t want to sleep with a man who previously slept with men in the past because, what? Because it’s gross? Did you know that straight guys enjoy anal stuff too?

Anyway, you should be asking for full transparency with straight men before you sleep with them. But you just assume bi men are riddled with diseases and incapable of using protection. It’s usually straight men who kick up a fuss when they’re asked to get tested and to wear condoms. They’re such pissbabies about it and yet your focus is on bi men.

🤷‍♀️
MSM are not necessarily Bi or gay. That is why the term MSM is used. It is not about orientation or inclination, sometimes it is out of necessity. There are men who have sex with men for financial reasons, social/cultural reasons, because of circumstances like being in prison or other all male environments, just to experiment or while under the influence of a substance. I have a friend whose boyfriend was in prison for a decade - while he was there he had sex with men despite being straight and he told her, she didn't care and it works for them.

I think it is wrong for you to decide that a man who has sex with men is bi. That's not your place. It is the opposite of "bi erasure".

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
It’s okay, I’m used to hearing people saying that. Gay people think the same about bi people. I just hope that changes one day.
But there are probably loads of women who wouldn't care about sleeping with bi men? Ultimately not everyone is going to like everyone but there will be many that do.

Zenchick101

VIP Member
I find it very disheartening to hear people say they would vote for Trump because of his stance on trans rights. Trump is no friend of women and has zero interest in women's rights or healthcare. Voting for him because of your feelings about gender ideology would be cutting off your nose to spite your face. He is a white supremacist and, evidence seems to show, a rapist. His abhorrent views aside, he is as thick as two short planks and a danger to all of us. Depressing that any person with a brain, feminist or otherwise, would even countenance the idea of voting for him.
I get that .. honestly I just don't know what to do personally but I really think that he will attract voters because of his stance on this.

rosemarina

VIP Member
The Marie Stopes stuff is terrible. I haven’t seen their weepy response though. Must have a look for that.

SilentSue

There is some sense in the world still!

Oh and shout out to my fellow Marxist, is it @SilentSue ?
Yesss! :D

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Have any of you ladies watched "How I Met Your Mother" before? There is a funny matrix from the show that became really famous when the related episode came out and I posted it as a joke in reference to an influencer, saying she's crazy (which fyi, all the people on that thread have mentioned many times and much worse) and a couple of people started calling me disgusting/anti-feminist/anti-trans(???) because of what's written on the bottom right. Like wtf, it's literally from a popular TV show and clearly meant in a joking way. What's wrong with people these days? I didn't create this and clearly I don't think women are crazy. Am I missing something here or is this not ok in the age of social justice warriors?

1601053198219.png

Last edited:
  • Haha

Vee6

VIP Member
From the article: 'Redmayne played transgender painter Lili Elbe in the movie The Danish Girl, even though he is neither a woman nor a transgender person. He was nominated for the Oscar for “Best Actor” for his work in the film.'

Haven't these twerps heard of the concept of acting? You're going to play the part of a serial killer? Only acceptable if you've actually killed people. The President of the US? Well you've never lived in the White House so sorry love, not today...
100%

openbook1

VIP Member
My husband listened to this podcast and recommended it to me... he says it basically discusses all we have here about women being erased. I think I will buy her book too.

• Heart

Cloak

VIP Member
There are loads of them at universities. The students involved with societies / mental health / disabilities / the SU etc were particularly militant about it.

A particular bugbear of mine was that they lobbied and changed all the loos in the student pub to ‘gender neutral’ as well as one of the largest ladies loos in the SU, which meant on club nights the queue for the women’s toilets (which was always ridiculous anyway) was all the way down the corridor and stairs and no one but the blokes used the ones they changed.

My university was politically a tale of two extremes. The very very liberal TWAW lot and then a load of very very conservative students who were openly pro-trump and pro-soviet. Bizarre. No middle ground whatsoever.
Interesting! Were the pro gender-neutral toilets lot typically gender nonconforming themselves? Or just kind of your typical woke students?

mindlessness

VIP Member
A correction I though others here would find interesting:
After the article “Reduction in Mental Health Treatment Utilization Among Transgender Individuals After Gender-Affirming Surgeries: A Total Population Study” by Richard Bränström, Ph.D., and John E. Pachankis, Ph.D. (doi: 10.1176/appi.ajp.2019.19010080), was published online on October 4, 2019, some letters containing questions on the statistical methodology employed in the study led the Journalto seek statistical consultations. The results of these consultations were presented to the study authors, who concurred with many of the points raised. Upon request, the authors reanalyzed the data to compare outcomes between individuals diagnosed with gender incongruence who had received gender-affirming surgical treatments and those diagnosed with gender incongruence who had not. While this comparison was performed retrospectively and was not part of the original research question given that several other factors may differ between the groups, the results demonstrated no advantage of surgery in relation to subsequent mood or anxiety disorder-related health care visits or prescriptions or hospitalizations following suicide attempts in that comparison. Given that the study used neither a prospective cohort design nor a randomized controlled trial design, the conclusion that “the longitudinal association between gender-affirming surgery and lower use of mental health treatment lends support to the decision to provide gender-affirming surgeries to transgender individuals who seek them” is too strong. Finally, although the percentage of individuals with a gender incongruence diagnosis who had received gender-affirming surgical treatments during the follow-up period is correctly reported in Table 3 (37.9%), the text incorrectly refers to this percentage as 48%. The article was reposted on August 1, 2020, correcting this percentage and including an addendum referencing the postpublication discussion captured in the Letters to the Editor section of the August 2020 issue of the Journal (1).
It comes after criticism of the original journal article like this: https://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/...B-o_6eUfTR_Jzod-wiwF9ZohF6sNNL_AmCZgLwCnGxjuo