Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

openbook1

VIP Member
Yes, my workplace (NHS) suggests putting it in our email signatures. At the moment it is optional. Seriously, it's a load of shite - I have H cup boobs, if they don't show I'm female then what the bloody hell does??
hahahahaha. That would fuck me off. Imagine they make it compulsory.

Reactions: 3

judsmum

Chatty Member
I think a lot of us were idealistic as teens and open to all kinds of ideologies as we grew and found our feet. The difference being, my generation (late 30s) didn’t have a world of views at our fingertips 24/7, and big business with an active interest in pushing certain views and destabilising countries. We could cut ourselves off and just live without having to prove our alliance to anything. Now everything is about belonging to an identity, likes and follows. Narcissism mixed with social justice = conflict.
Absolutely.

jewelkitty

Chatty Member
Yeah I would've loved Sanders, but alas.
As crappy as Biden is, I also couldn't bring myself to vote for Trump, for all the reasons just mentioned as well.

Vee6

VIP Member

I’m half way through this. Buck Angel is a transman. Very interesting, talks about a lot of the things we discus on here

Shaza96

you mentioned that not believing that a MTF is trans makes someone transphobic. I absolutely think everyone has the right to identify however they wish and I will respect that. Am I still transphobic because I have concerns about women’s rights, children’s rights and the huge upswing in children being given hormone blockers and transition surgery?
Depends what you do about those concerns really, go and attack people and say it's all trans people's fault? Then yeah. Engage in discussions and try to find a way to support trans people and rights then no, i wouldn't say you were.

However, the huge upswing in children being given hormone blockers is like asking why the number of cases of children with autism is on the rise? We know more about it, there's more support and services surrounding it so of course there's going to be an upsiwng. I don't automatically think that's a negative.

I also truly don't think women's rights are being attacked or eradicated because we're including all women. I think that is a very positive thing.

@Shaza96 your information and perception of this debate is outdated and inaccurate
I don't think it is but feel free to explain how/why you feel like that.

Zenchick101

VIP Member
On a different note, am I the only one who finds it appalling when bisexual men/other MSM trick women into relationships with them by concealing this part of their sexuality? I don’t mean cheating, I mean past experiences.

Then when the women find out, the women get accused of all kinds of terrible things, like homo- and bi-phobia, judgemental, narrow minded. They also get attacked into examining their “prejudices” and gaslit into contorting their sexuality to accept their partner, even though they never consented to being with a MSM.

The man who concealed his sexuality is portrayed fully as a victim.

To me it’s typical male entitlement to sex, men’s feelings coming before women’s needs, and women’s consent being seen as a problem and our boundaries stomped.

You don’t have to have sex with MSM to prove you are not phobic.

(MSM = Men who have Sex with Men).
never knew that happened... it's weird all these things seem to have one thing in common, strong arming complete acceptance of everything at the detriment of what people are comfortable with.

openbook1

VIP Member
True it's really complicated.. However I do believe in "the devil you know". I remember how this started and how progressively they asked for more and more and also changed their narrative over time, so it's scary to not know what else they're planning. Whereas with the right I think there might not be that unknown factor as much.
A friend of mine who was fairly liberal now admits she is right and she says the change happened after having a baby - she is in the USA and actually works for the US government, her boss is someone high up. She has worked there since the Obama years. Some of the stuff she supports, I do not agree with but for the most part we agree on topics.

Reactions: 2