Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

barmj

Chatty Member
I just realised I can think of many famous/prominent figures who are trans women but I struggle with trans men.

Trans women
- Caitlyn Jenner
- Laverne Cox
- Munroe Bergdorf
- Nadia, the one who won Big Brother
- The siblings who made The Matrix and Sense8
- Janet Mock
- Shon Faye
- Alexis Arquette
- Jamie Rose Dee (she was known as Jamjars in the early days of tumblr)
- Jamie Clayton

(I’ll stop here!)

Trans men
- Chaz Bono
- Kenny Ethan Jones (partner of Megan Crabbe aka bodyposipanda)
- Jack Monroe, I don’t know if they count (I don’t keep up with them)
- ???

Reactions: 4

Mamacita

VIP Member
@Mamacita

I brought it up because it’s implied almost every time, I hear it all the time. Bi people are confused, greedy, whores, cheaters, pretend to be straight, etc. It’s disheartening tbh
Yes that's not fair, as someone mentioned above, it's to do with a person not their sexual orientation. If you're an asshole you're an asshole, no matter what gender you prefer 😅 but yeah it's also a bit disheartening to be accused of being bi, homophobic, or transphobic, just because of your personal preference

cedarpeach

I remember watching this a little while ago and being really interested in what she had to say, and then was shocked at about the 56 minute mark where, in answer to the question of why she isn't feminist anymore, Posie replies with "I've meant too many fucking women" and then elaborates on that. I wasn't expecting it at all. I know other people have found her controversial for different reasons - which were discussed on the gc subreddit, until that was taken from us as well.
I don’t relate to he at all. she’s not a feminist and I do think she’s a transphobe. Yes, some of her criticisms of gender ideology are correct but she’s also derogatory to individuals, and targets trans people for bullying and abuse which I think is outrageous. She’s bad news imo.

she strikes me as someone who started off with genuine concerns but quickly found an identity as an anti trans activist and became more radical. I think she thrives on her image as some sort of outspoken warrior. She strikes me as a bully.

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
How much are Indian women generally paid to be a surrogate? I can’t imagine it would be a lot if it’s the more ‘cost effective’ option. Ugh just typing that in this context feels wrong. It’s exploitation pure and simple. Women’s bodies are not for sale.
My understanding is that it's one of the cheapest globally along with Ukraine, although I think the government recently passed some laws restricting this so a lot of the demand is flooding into eastern Europe. Apparently it was very popular in Southeast Asia at one point as well (Thailand, Nepal, etc.) but they seem to have really cracked down on it. I think they said it was around USD 20-30k per baby (this was quite a few years ago)? And a fraction of that goes to the surrogate. By contrast, it's about USD 100-150k per child here and isn't even legal in many states.

Surrogacy is not legal where my extended family member is from/lives - they basically have to find someone who is willing to carry their baby and give it up for adoption without a fee. As I've said multiple times above...exploiting the less privleged because they can't do it at home. :cry:

Last edited:

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
No one close to me has ever talked about the trans thing so I’ve no idea how they feel about it. Think it’s safe to say I don’t know any extreme trans activists personally though. I do know two people with trans kids though. One who is nearly 18 and has been out for a couple of years now. Their mum is very libfemmy. The other is 12 and has been out for at least 3 years and their mum is insufferable and never shuts up about their child being trans.

A lad from school is now a trans woman, only realised because they came up on the “people you may know” thing on Facebook and I recognised him/her.

Have one person on my fb who’s quite ‘Pro trans’ and virtue signal for things like chest feeding but they don’t post endlessly about it.

So not too bad really, could be worse.

Zenchick101

VIP Member
the uk seems to have lost it's mind compared to the rest of europe... I just don't understand why it's the european country most involved in this

Zenchick101

VIP Member
This is so depressing really but I try and laugh about it most of the time by following JKR and satire accounts on twitter. It's such non-sense, when they use menstruators when talking about women do women who aren't menstruating because of menopause, meds not count right now? I'm trolling but it's just so ridiculous

Reactions: 3

SilentSue

, I feel like I have no political home anymore.
I felt like this for a while, then I started looking into the British communist party. My husband has become a member, and their stance is firmly gender critical. Professor Mary Davis has written some good stuff, likewise Laura Briggs in the Morning Star.

openbook1

VIP Member
Went to scroll through papergangs Instagram after another thread on here said it is a good subscription box, wantes to see what past boxes contained etc.

Saw they posted this image and immediately decided they wouldn't be getting my custom.
Yikes.

thatstupidcat

A bit more clout on Facebook with 3.4k followers.

Isn’t Facebook that place with loads of fake profiles and bots used to try and disseminate false information like Twitter? With the obfuscation present on social media, I would be interested to know what the engagement for those 3.4k followers are and how many are bot accounts too.

I’ve got my jaded cap on right now but I personally do wonder that perhaps not every nutter deserves a mention.

The setting up a charideee isn’t a new student beer related scam I’m afraid. But my only concern is how could a Take That Appreciation Society couldn’t take off legitimately in the nineties in all things.

Last edited:
  • Haha