Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Nice to see you here from the Elle Florence thread!

In my personal life I am openly a TERF. I own my own business so people can try and cancel me all they want. Toodles! lol
Nice to see you too! Remember when that troll went into the Elle Florence thread and suddenly started talking about how womxn should support each other. I was gonna go nuclear at them.

Reactions: 4

Falkor

VIP Member
And I assume YEP have produced a similar image to illustrate that male genitalia comes in all shapes and sizes, and some look like vulvas?

If not, why the hell not?
They have produced a similar image to illustrate male genitalia, but surprise, surprise, it's a vulva-free zone.

• Angry

Zenchick101

VIP Member
I don't see why this is a big deal. Also the word "lady" should have been long since banished to the bowels of hell

Why is it my business who my partner has slept with in the past? Tell me, don't tell me. Either way I wouldn't care. It doesn't bother me in the slightest if an ex has slept with men 🤷‍♀️
eh I like both ladies and distinguished guests, but I can't take folks seriously I just associate it with "my parents". I'd want my partner to tell me if he's slept with men in the past, it's part of his sexuality, his identity. The idea of it is a bit weird simply because I've never experienced it but if I cared about the person it most likely wouldn't bother me/I'd get over it since it wouldn't go against my sexuality (hetero). If they hid it from me HELL YEAH it would bother me for them to hide that part of themselves. That's how a healthy relationship works - total transparency between partners.

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
What’s that?
It’s a forum that was created not long after the Gender Critical subreddit got shut down. It’s invite only at the moment but you can pm them on twitter or spinster to get a code to join, you can view threads etc without joining.

Zenchick101

VIP Member
Yup so far I've only gotten one answer as to why the double standard : womxn vs men. From the AGP user I shared earlier. It's so weird but makes sense.. should I share?

Zenchick101

VIP Member
I read that article and wondered how and when children started telling adults how things are going to be run. These people are CHILDREN!! Quite frankly it sounds like the latest craze to me - bit like skateboards were in the 70s, but with longer lasting consequences.
you have to follow the money though, there are several american billionaires who are investing in all this: jennifer pretzker - they are continuously pouring more and more money into transhumanism technologies

• Sick

SoulRebel

VIP Member
I don't think that's true, @rosemarina, there are more good than bad men but it's so sad that you feel that way, these threads probably don't help x

It's just a sad fact that there are some very nasty people being given platforms and feeling empowered by the overwhelming backlash that anyone speaking up for women can get.

#conversiontherapy trending on twitter after the House of Commons asked how it affects the LGBTQ community. Also asking "should it be illegal" and "what would that look like to you"

Mermaids in my opinion are one of the main players in pushing conversion therapy on kids!

They're taking responses to this question up until 13th July if anyone would like to share their views and opinions.

House of Commons Conversion Therapy Survery

• Heart

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
I'm an academic and throughout my university studies and teaching we've been taught to use gender neutral language. One of the first things we were taught in sociolinguistics was that gender and sex are completely separate. So, honest question from an educated person.. Why is the term "transgender"? Is it because "transexual" has negative connotations from previous "incarnations" (for lack of a better word)?

Also, I am a bisexual (cis)woman and I can completely see how kids these days can be confused by all of this. I actually had to double check if I actually AM a cis woman because I'm bi.
I believe that transgender is used for people who identify as being a different gender but don’t take steps to transition, whereas transsexuals usually want to medically transition (please do correct me if I’m wrong anyone!) and this makes sense with the rise of gender theory because many trans people these days don’t want to transition. A lot of the confusion and arguments, I feel, are because people who don’t know much about this debate and the modern day terminology around it still think ‘trans’ means ‘people who medically transitioned’ (as it pretty much used to) and therefore don’t see the cause for concern e.g. risk of sexual violence.
Also hi from a previous (legal) academic, although I got out 😂

openbook1

VIP Member
I find it very disheartening to hear people say they would vote for Trump because of his stance on trans rights. Trump is no friend of women and has zero interest in women's rights or healthcare. Voting for him because of your feelings about gender ideology would be cutting off your nose to spite your face. He is a white supremacist and, evidence seems to show, a rapist. His abhorrent views aside, he is as thick as two short planks and a danger to all of us. Depressing that any person with a brain, feminist or otherwise, would even countenance the idea of voting for him.
I said I wouldn't vote for him because of all the things you noted! I would vote Biden. And Hillary in 2016.

What many of us noted though is sadly Republicans are the ones who would end the extreme trans rhetoric. Sadly I do think Trump will get a second term.

annapolly

Hi so no men don't have those same demands placed on them at all if you look at health literature being proposed. No "prostate havers" no people with prostates need to be checked for prostate cancer, no policying of their language when they speak online of something affecting men. As for the last part it's supposedly because transmen also have a cervix so it's to be inclusive.. however they never keep that same energy for transwomen and mens health.
‘Policing of language’ was the term I was looking for! Thank you!

I find it very disheartening to hear people say they would vote for Trump because of his stance on trans rights. Trump is no friend of women and has zero interest in women's rights or healthcare. Voting for him because of your feelings about gender ideology would be cutting off your nose to spite your face. He is a white supremacist and, evidence seems to show, a rapist. His abhorrent views aside, he is as thick as two short planks and a danger to all of us. Depressing that any person with a brain, feminist or otherwise, would even countenance the idea of voting for him.
Well, it isn't just Trump. It's about the judges he appoints, and there are plenty of down-ticket GOP. I have some research ahead of me. Free speech is becoming the most important issue for me, mostly because I just assumed it was America's oxygen before and I wouldn't need to think about it.

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
Saw this in a whiney article

"Saying a trans woman was born a boy is problematic. I wasn’t born a boy. I was born me. I’ve always been me. I was assigned male at birth but I wasn’t born a boy. A doctor or a midwife or a nurse took one look between my legs and decided I was male. No one asked me and I wasted the best part of my life trying to conform to that assignation"

How dare the doctor or midwife or nurse decide you were male based on having a penis!
The mental gymnastics is impressive I’ll give them that....