Gender Discussions #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I've shared a few silly things from the women's group I'm in regarding my career, well I just got into another women's group and they ask us this question in their poll... how does this make ANY sense? These are the only two options, I'm so confused.

1597338620394.png

Also I really don't get the point of including non-binary people in women's groups, surely they wish to "opt out" of womanhood??

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
It’s not uncommon; because most women do not want to be with MSM, some of them who seek a girlfriend simply pretend to be fully straight.

Just like with trans strong arming their way into womanhood, women’s boundaries are an obstacle to be overcome. The man wanting something sexually and not getting it (the MSM who wants a woman) is the victim.
what are you talking about? I’m rly fed up of people thinking bi people are pretending to be straight. Do you also think bi people are greedy, cheating sluts too? I can’t believe people still believe this tit in this day and age.

I thought this was a thread about gender, not shitting on people who dare to be attracted to both men and women.

Reactions: 1
what are you talking about? I’m rly fed up of people thinking bi people are pretending to be straight. Do you also think bi people are greedy, cheating sluts too? I can’t believe people still believe this tit in this day and age.

I thought this was a thread about gender, not shitting on people who dare to be attracted to both men and women.
I don't think that's what that post said at all?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
@Mamacita, OP also said this:

It’s a big deal because you’re about to sleep with them too. Your sexual partner’s history is very much your business. (And if you know anything about sexual health, you’ll know that sleeping with bisexual men is very risky). It’s important to many women and just because you don’t mind, doesn’t mean you are “right” and everyone else should change their sexuality to match yours. It’s absolutely fine that you’re personally not bothered; your body, your choice. It’s not a choice if you’re not told though.

I would never consent to sleeping with a bisexual man. That is not dogma, that is my inalienable right to say no.
Like, what the duck? Many straight men have sex without protection and they also cheat but sure, let’s focus on bi men. What do they think is going to happen if they have sex with a bi man? You can be straight and be with a bi man. His sexuality doesn’t change your sexuality??? Also, straight people get STDs and HIV too. They lie about their sexual history too, whether they’ve been tested, etc. But nah, OP is being blatant with their biphobia.

Like, what the duck? Many straight men have sex without protection and they also cheat but sure, let’s focus on bi men. What do they think is going to happen if they have sex with a bi man? You can be straight and be with a bi man. His sexuality doesn’t change your sexuality??? Also, straight people get STDs and HIV too. They lie about their sexual history too, whether they’ve been tested, etc. But nah, OP is being blatant with their biphobia.
I don't know, it's a personal preference. Anyone can sleep with who they want and anyone can refuse to sleep with someone for any reason. I wouldn't want to be involved with a bi man due to my own insecurities, not biphobia

Reactions: 2
I don't know, it's a personal preference. Anyone can sleep with who they want and anyone can refuse to sleep with someone for any reason. I wouldn't want to be involved with a bi man due to my own insecurities, not biphobia
Sure, no one can and should not force you to sleep with someone you don’t want but you got to acknowledge that you are being prejudiced in your thinking. Insecure because being bi automatically means they will cheat on you? 🧐

I’m bi and I’m extremely loyal and monogamist (if that’s a word). I had a lesbian girlfriend who cheated on me but I don’t label all lesbians as cheaters.

@barmj I'm not biphobic or anyone phobic and I certainly don't believe being bi increases the propensity of cheating- cheating is to do with the person and I have been cheated on by heterosexual men, like most people have. I've known serial cheaters and it's nothing to do with their sexuality. However, if my man had slept with men I wouldn't like it. I can't explain why but I just wouldn't. And that's fine, we all like what we like

Reactions: 10
Sure, no one can and should not force you to sleep with someone you don’t want but you got to acknowledge that you are being prejudiced in your thinking. Insecure because being bi automatically means they will cheat on you? 🧐

I’m bi and I’m extremely loyal and monogamist (if that’s a word). I had a lesbian girlfriend who cheated on me but I don’t label all lesbians as cheaters.
No, I just feel like I would always question myself if I'm enough or giving them what they want as I already have an issue with that with completely straight people. If another aspect comes into this, it would make it worse. And this is my own personal issue, nothing to do with anyone else.

Not sure where the cheating part is coming from, maybe I missed something as I've not been following all the discussions here in detail, however as I understand that post about risk was about things like HIV rates being higher in bisexual men than straight men, not about cheating as such?

Reactions: 5
@barmj I'm not biphobic or anyone phobic and I certainly don't believe being bi increases the propensity of cheating- cheating is to do with the person and I have been cheated on by heterosexual men, like most people have. I've known serial cheaters and it's nothing to do with their sexuality. However, if my man had slept with men I wouldn't like it. I can't explain why but I just wouldn't. And that's fine, we all like what we like
It’s okay, I’m used to hearing people saying that. Gay people think the same about bi people. I just hope that changes one day.

It’s okay, I’m used to hearing people saying that. Gay people think the same about bi people. I just hope that changes one day.
But there are probably loads of women who wouldn't care about sleeping with bi men? Ultimately not everyone is going to like everyone but there will be many that do.

@Mamacita

Do you also think bi people are greedy, cheating sluts too?
I brought it up because it’s implied almost every time, I hear it all the time. Bi people are confused, greedy, whores, cheaters, pretend to be straight, etc. It’s disheartening tbh

• Sad
@Mamacita

I brought it up because it’s implied almost every time, I hear it all the time. Bi people are confused, greedy, whores, cheaters, pretend to be straight, etc. It’s disheartening tbh
Yes that's not fair, as someone mentioned above, it's to do with a person not their sexual orientation. If you're an asshole you're an asshole, no matter what gender you prefer 😅 but yeah it's also a bit disheartening to be accused of being bi, homophobic, or transphobic, just because of your personal preference

Reactions: 4
I get where you're coming from with this and understand why you drew the conclusions you did because bi-stigma/bi-erasure is a very real thing. However, I think scrutinising anyone's decisions about who they choose to sleep with or not is risky business. Ultimately even if someone's decision is rooted in prejudice or something - people who only sleep with their own race/another race, people who only sleep with the opposite/same sex - no means no and that's the end of it. I'm not really sure what anyone stands to gain from debating those choices because I'm afraid in that instance your right to bodily autonomy has to trump whatever prejudices might be underlying those choices, the alternative is just too sinister (as we are starting to see with whole 'gay men who won't sleep with transmen are transphobic' thing).

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Yes that's not fair, as someone mentioned above, it's to do with a person not their sexual orientation. If you're an asshole you're an asshole, no matter what gender you prefer 😅 but yeah it's also a bit disheartening to be accused of being bi, homophobic, or transphobic, just because of your personal preference
yeah, I get that completely. People should be able to have their personal preference, as long as it doesn’t deny other people’s rights, like gay people should be able to live without fear and stuff. The thing is, you don’t normally tell someone you just met your sexual history, do you? If I meet someone, I have to make it clear that I’m bi because otherwise we’d like each other but they get grossed out when they find out, and I’m made out to be the bad person and being secretive but dude, I’m just vibing. I’m not being nefarious or anything😂

Anyway, it’s a bit tricky with trans people. Like I think they should be allowed to live but I’m also concerned about allowing them access to women’s only space

Also, @creme.egg92, absolutely. I agree. I suppose I just want people to be honest with their opinions, you know? Like, you can prefer not dating black people, it is a personal preference but it’s also racism. As long as you’re not being bigoted and denying their rights in everything else, then it’s just personal preference. But it’s important to recognise that personal preferences can hurt people too. Like if someone decided not to date me because I’m bi then it’s like okay, fine. You do you. It still hurts me though because it’s who I am lol I can’t change my sexuality. The girlfriend I mentioned said she loved me despite me being bi, and tbh, that hurt a lot. She made it clear that she found that part of me disgusting.

Sorry, I know this thread isn’t about me or bisexuality, I apologise for going off topic 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Just when I thought I couldn't love Tattle anymore, I discover these threads! ❤ My people ❤

I'm so happy to read all this common sense when the world is going completely mad.

• Heart
@barmj I understand what you're saying about it hurts you if someone doesn't want to date you if you're bi, I know it's easy for me to say but I'd see that as they're just not the person for you if they can't accept you for who you are.

There's been men who haven't wanted to date me for whatever reason, maybe they didn't like my politics or maybe we didn't click personality wise, or whatever. That's fine, I'm not the girl for them and they're not for me

It is about gender.

The point is that some entitled men will happily trash the boundaries of women who do not want to have relationships/sleep with MSM. And yes, some of them do withold this information, knowing that the woman would not consent. This series of posts were in response to a post on another website, in which the woman was getting abuse, gaslighted, and accusations of biphobia for this very scenario.

Women should be able to say NO for any reason, without having to justify it. It doesn’t mean a person is biphobic.

Women should also be able to talk about it. You’re already making hysterical accusations and assumptions against me and what I think, for daring to assert my boundaries and stick up for other women.

Stop screeching about biphobia. You are proving my point.

What happens if you have sex with an MSM is that you are at an astronomically higher risk of getting an incurable STI. This includes HIV, and incurable intestinal parasites. I’m sure you’d also be screeching “biphobia” if a woman dared to request an MSM partner have an STI screening. You may not like it but women having sex with MSM is a risk factor for catching STIs, as MSM are so much more likely to be infected. This is acknowledged by all health authorities.

Women are always expected to sacrifice themselves for others and are considered moral failures when they don’t. This is an example of that. It is also an example of men being seen as victims when they don’t have access to sex. Women’s orifices are not equal opportunity playgrounds.

No one is saying MSM are more likely to cheat, but many men of all sexualities do cheat. If a man cheats with a woman, you have a low risk of getting an STI. If you do get an STI it’s likely to be curable. If a man cheats with a man, you have a much, much higher chance of contracting an STI, and much more serious infections at that.

Regarding sexuality, there is more to it than just straight and LGBT categories.

For example, many women are simply not attracted to men who sleep with men. The same as some people are not attracted to talkative personalities, skinny people, brunettes etc. It’s personal sexual preference and doesn’t need to be changed or manipulated. It’s not discrimination.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I’m sure you’d also be screeching “biphobia” if a woman dared to request an MSM partner have an STI screening.
Hmm, nope. That’s what everyone should be doing, regardless of their sexuality. It’s just common sense. Especially if you fall in a long term relationship and want to forgo condoms/protection. You just don’t want to sleep with a man who previously slept with men in the past because, what? Because it’s gross? Did you know that straight guys enjoy anal stuff too?

Anyway, you should be asking for full transparency with straight men before you sleep with them. But you just assume bi men are riddled with diseases and incapable of using protection. It’s usually straight men who kick up a fuss when they’re asked to get tested and to wear condoms. They’re such pissbabies about it and yet your focus is on bi men.

🤷‍♀️

Exactly. When it comes to dating and relationships you’re allowed to have pretty much what ever boundaries you like as far as I’m concerned and if the other person doesn’t like it then that just means you’re not a good match and aren’t meant to be. Much like how some people don’t like to date outside of their race or how some people prefer to only date taller/shorter people, or only people who are slim etc etc, it’s a personal preference and not exactly something that’s going to change by people going “you’re wrong to be attracted to x but not y” it is what it is really, can’t really force people to date people they don’t really want to date so... Only really affects the individual and any potential dates.

Reactions: 6
Hmm, nope. That’s what everyone should be doing, regardless of their sexuality. It’s just common sense. Especially if you fall in a long term relationship and want to forgo condoms/protection. You just don’t want to sleep with a man who previously slept with men in the past because, what? Because it’s gross? Did you know that straight guys enjoy anal stuff too?

Anyway, you should be asking for full transparency with straight men before you sleep with them. But you just assume bi men are riddled with diseases and incapable of using protection. It’s usually straight men who kick up a fuss when they’re asked to get tested and to wear condoms. They’re such pissbabies about it and yet your focus is on bi men.

🤷‍♀️
MSM are not necessarily Bi or gay. That is why the term MSM is used. It is not about orientation or inclination, sometimes it is out of necessity. There are men who have sex with men for financial reasons, social/cultural reasons, because of circumstances like being in prison or other all male environments, just to experiment or while under the influence of a substance. I have a friend whose boyfriend was in prison for a decade - while he was there he had sex with men despite being straight and he told her, she didn't care and it works for them.

I think it is wrong for you to decide that a man who has sex with men is bi. That's not your place. It is the opposite of "bi erasure".

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.