Gender Discussions #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe drag queens were asked to be involved because they’re very expressive and can be funny so they’d be good storytellers, maybe??
I don't think it's as innocent as that personally. There's plenty of people who are expressive and funny who aren't also drag queens. I'm sick of this stuff being forced on kids, it really is like they're trying to induce gender dysphoria in these children.

Reactions: 13
Bloody drag can duck off too. Grotesque caricatures of female stereotypes, most often performed by misogynist gay men. Offensive shite.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
ah, you’re a star. thank you!

I don't think it's as innocent as that personally. There's plenty of people who are expressive and funny who aren't also drag queens. I'm sick of this stuff being forced on kids, it really is like they're trying to induce gender dysphoria in these children.
aye, that’s fair. just trying to be optimistic, because I don’t want to think what possible reasons a children’s charity could have to be getting drag queens involved. re. that picture of Thatcher and the pweirdo, it’s depressing tbh.

I wonder if it’s for the parents’ entertainment maybe?? like what the CBBC did using Tom Hardy to read bedtime stories because it clearly was for the mums to get flustered and tit 🥴

edit: lol why did the p*do word get censored as weirdo???? tattle, you ok?

Reactions: 6
ah, you’re a star. thank you!

aye, that’s fair. just trying to be optimistic, because I don’t want to think what possible reasons a children’s charity could have to be getting drag queens involved. re. that picture of Thatcher and the weirdo, it’s depressing tbh.

I wonder if it’s for the parents’ entertainment maybe?? like what the CBBC did using Tom Hardy to read bedtime stories because it clearly was for the mums to get flustered and tit 🥴

edit: lol why did the p*do word get censored as weirdo???? tattle, you ok?
happens whenever I type in p*do to me too. My reasons for being weirded out by the drag queens reading to children thing is that it leads to confusion amongst children questions on sexuality/gender which again should not come before their first sexual health class as bad as those are. Not even kidding in highschool several of us had to be told we had two "front holes" not one.

basic sexual health is already so bad, I personally don't find it funny when 5 year olds ask adults do you have a penis? (this was shown in a video shared a while back)

Reactions: 7
I just realised I can think of many famous/prominent figures who are trans women but I struggle with trans men.

Trans women
- Caitlyn Jenner
- Laverne Cox
- Munroe Bergdorf
- Nadia, the one who won Big Brother
- The siblings who made The Matrix and Sense8
- Janet Mock
- Shon Faye
- Alexis Arquette
- Jamie Rose Dee (she was known as Jamjars in the early days of tumblr)
- Jamie Clayton

(I’ll stop here!)

Trans men
- Chaz Bono
- Kenny Ethan Jones (partner of Megan Crabbe aka bodyposipanda)
- Jack Monroe, I don’t know if they count (I don’t keep up with them)
- ???

Reactions: 4
I just realised I can think of many famous/prominent figures who are trans women but I struggle with trans men.

Trans women
- Caitlyn Jenner
- Laverne Cox
- Munroe Bergdorf
- Janet Mock
- Shon Faye
- Alexis Arquette
- Jamie Clayton

(I’ll stop here!)

Trans men
- Chaz Bono
- ???
buck white.. that's all i've got

Reactions: 2
Watched a documentary called ‘Trans kids: it’s time to talk’ on channel4 catch up last night. It aired a couple of years ago but it’s still relevant today. There’s a shocking part towards the end where trans activists attempted to storm a discussion about trans ideology and caused a right tit show. Was embarrassing to watch them but also shows how desperate they are to shut down any discussion.... after watching that I feel not much has changed.

Trans women
- Caitlyn Jenner
- Laverne Cox
- Munroe Bergdorf
- Janet Mock
- Shon Faye
- Alexis Arquette
- Jamie Clayton

(I’ll stop here!)

Trans men
- Chaz Bono
- ???
Munroe Bergdorf is a racist prick.

Reactions: 11
Wow, she’s huge! I looked her up and read this so I think the picture is slightly misleading. Like, when I saw it, I thought it was a bio man being a total weirdo who claimed to be an 18 year old girl but that doesn’t seem to be the case. I think the only issue I have is her height, it gives her team an unfair advantage, right?

Munroe Bergdorf is a racist prick.
I don’t know much about her. Are you saying she’s racist because she said white privilege is real?

The height and weight, also being born male she will be stronger than women.

Why would a 50 something want to play on a college team?

Reactions: 9
Wow, she’s huge! I looked her up and read this so I think the picture is slightly misleading. Like, when I saw it, I thought it was a bio man being a total weirdo who claimed to be an 18 year old girl but that doesn’t seem to be the case. I think the only issue I have is her height, it gives her team an unfair advantage, right?

I don’t know much about her. Are you saying she’s racist because she said white privilege is real?
Of course white privilege is real, I've seen it, even experienced it. What I object to is her comments on how white people are socialized to be racist, heteros are socialized to be homophobic, and that men are socialized to be sexist. According to this she's said she doesn't have the energy to talk about the "racial violence of white people" that non-activists white people are racists etc..

Her arguments are completely reductive and offensive. Is there systemic racism against POC in our societies that are remnants of past societal views? yes. The rest is complete non-sense, most sensible people I know, no matter their race, sexual orientation and sex will treat anyone equally as an individual and not according to wether they're gay+ or a POC. In my view someone who makes remarks likes this doesn't do that and only sees people as the categories that they fit into.

I'm referring to this video:

Munroe Bergdorf is a total piece of tit. A racist, homophobic, lesbophobic misogynist who doesn't deserve a platform.

20200818_191013.jpg

20200818_191059.jpg

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
Ugh! Stop trying to make body feeding happen🤢 also love how they manage to avoid the term breast feeding and essentially class it as ‘something else’. They really are offended by the term breastfeeding for some strange reason. So blatent at this point.
5B614D5E-0F09-4BBD-8FDF-3C11F2F2C299.jpeg

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
I think the only issue I have is her height, it gives her team an unfair advantage, right?
No tit it gives an unfair advantage. And it’s not just height that’s the issue, males are a great deal stronger and faster than women thanks to testosterone and male physiology. Even aged 50+, Gabrielle Ludwig could still outplay young women.

(The AGP just pours out in this interview).

The worst thing for me is Gabrielle denied a young woman a place on that team, when Gabrielle already had the opportunity for the first time in 1980

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.