Gender Discussions #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t even see chest feeding becoming mainstream tbh although they’re giving it a bloody good go. When ever I see someone refer to breastfeeding in that way I just think they’re a bit of a woke twit, same with straight people who announce their pronouns as if they aren’t obvious. I can’t be the only one😆
Woke twit 🤣

You’re dead right though, it’s all performative and not even at the request of trans men I’m sure. That’s the most ridiculous thing: all this bullshit, this tiptoeing around reality, this policing of language... who asked for it?

Reactions: 12
It’s mad that you can get backlash for simply ‘liking’ something. Social media is so bleeping toxic.
Truly terrifying. Sometimes my thumbs are clumbsy and I like or dislike posts on SM without realising. Worrying to think people might jump to a conclusion based on that alone.

Bodyfeeding just sounds so wrong.

Reactions: 10
I'm part of a fb group for women in my male-dominated field of work, and someone keeps starting their posts addressing women and non-binary people. How does this make sense? Women is in the name of the group, but by their logic nb people opt out of womanhood so why should they still be addressed in this context?? Do all these people have one iota of consistency between them?

Also check out this abomination
I find her use of the word "male" offensive. Surely it should be mxle by now? Mxn, womxn, mxle, femxle, fxck, xff.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Yeah you don't see "mxn" being used...if you did there would be uproar.
Yeah, because none of these people actually care about transmen, because they're women. Nobody's shouting "transmen are men" and forcing gay guys to have sex with them.

Of course you don’t. Women have to be “womxn” and “birthing people” and “people with a cervix”. But it’ll be a cold day in hell before we see “mxn”, “ejaculating people” and “people with a prostate” becoming common parlance.

Reactions: 20
Stuff like this is just🙈 ‘distinguished guests’ is this for real? Also ‘guys’ is pretty gender neutral to me I mean if I’m talking to a group of female friends I might say “hey guys” to address them without really thinking, it’s a bit like ‘dude’ these days.
01BAFF43-8BFC-4F98-88B4-7D66BA89B5A5.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Stuff like this is just🙈 ‘distinguished guests’ is this for real? Also ‘guys’ is pretty gender neutral to me I mean if I’m talking to a group of female friends I might say “hey guys” to address them without really thinking, it’s a bit like ‘dude’ these days.
View attachment 203330
If someone said distinguished guests I would think they are taking the p*ss and trying to be a Victorian Showman or something.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I *literally* just saw a use of "womxn" but "men" in the same sentence in the wild not 10 minutes ago on this very forum (in a guru subforum). Yes, I called it out. It's infuriating.

• Heart
I *literally* just saw a use of "womxn" but "men" in the same sentence in the wild not 10 minutes ago on this very forum (in a guru subforum). Yes, I called it out. It's infuriating.
The fact that they're not changing male language is what pisses me off the most. Also the first thing that made me peak.

Reactions: 15
Me too.

That is literally what peaked me. Seeing things like "people with cervixes" but NEVER "people with prostates." And then when I saw that Emilia Decaudin character I just reached the point of no return lol.

Reactions: 9
On a different note, am I the only one who finds it appalling when bisexual men/other MSM trick women into relationships with them by concealing this part of their sexuality? I don’t mean cheating, I mean past experiences.

Then when the women find out, the women get accused of all kinds of terrible things, like homo- and bi-phobia, judgemental, narrow minded. They also get attacked into examining their “prejudices” and gaslit into contorting their sexuality to accept their partner, even though they never consented to being with a MSM.

The man who concealed his sexuality is portrayed fully as a victim.

To me it’s typical male entitlement to sex, men’s feelings coming before women’s needs, and women’s consent being seen as a problem and our boundaries stomped.

You don’t have to have sex with MSM to prove you are not phobic.

(MSM = Men who have Sex with Men).

Reactions: 5
On a different note, am I the only one who finds it appalling when bisexual men/other MSM trick women into relationships with them by concealing this part of their sexuality? I don’t mean cheating, I mean past experiences.

Then when the women find out, the women get accused of all kinds of terrible things, like homo- and bi-phobia, judgemental, narrow minded. They also get attacked into examining their “prejudices” and gaslit into contorting their sexuality to accept their partner, even though they never consented to being with a MSM.

To me it’s typical male entitlement to sex, men’s feelings coming before women’s needs, and women’s consent being seen as a problem and our boundaries stomped.

never knew that happened... it's weird all these things seem to have one thing in common, strong arming complete acceptance of everything at the detriment of what people are comfortable with.

Reactions: 3
It’s not uncommon; because most women do not want to be with MSM, some of them who seek a girlfriend simply pretend to be fully straight.

Just like with trans strong arming their way into womanhood, women’s boundaries are an obstacle to be overcome. The man wanting something sexually and not getting it (the MSM who wants a woman) is the victim.

Reactions: 8
It’s not uncommon; because most women do not want to be with MSM, some of them who seek a girlfriend simply pretend to be fully straight.

Just like with trans strong arming their way into womanhood, women’s boundaries are an obstacle to be overcome. The man wanting something sexually and not getting it (the MSM who wants a woman) is the victim.
like the guys who justify leading women on by saying "how else am I supposed to get laid since most women don't want something casual"

Reactions: 4
View attachment 203330
I don't see why this is a big deal. Also the word "lady" should have been long since banished to the bowels of hell

Why is it my business who my partner has slept with in the past? Tell me, don't tell me. Either way I wouldn't care. It doesn't bother me in the slightest if an ex has slept with men 🤷‍♀️

There's dogma on both sides of the fence. It's like people have lost the ability to think fluidly. Or they're just scared to

Last edited:
I don't see why this is a big deal. Also the word "lady" should have been long since banished to the bowels of hell

Why is it my business who my partner has slept with in the past? Tell me, don't tell me. Either way I wouldn't care. It doesn't bother me in the slightest if an ex has slept with men 🤷‍♀️
eh I like both ladies and distinguished guests, but I can't take folks seriously I just associate it with "my parents". I'd want my partner to tell me if he's slept with men in the past, it's part of his sexuality, his identity. The idea of it is a bit weird simply because I've never experienced it but if I cared about the person it most likely wouldn't bother me/I'd get over it since it wouldn't go against my sexuality (hetero). If they hid it from me HELL YEAH it would bother me for them to hide that part of themselves. That's how a healthy relationship works - total transparency between partners.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.