Gender Discussions #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well, yeah, honesty is important in any relationship. I wouldn't expect to have that conversation with a one-night stand though. I've never quizzed someone about their sexual history, but no one's ever deliberately hid theirs from me either (that I know of)

Truly terrifying. Sometimes my thumbs are clumbsy and I like or dislike posts on SM without realising. Worrying to think people might jump to a conclusion based on that alone.

I know how you feel. Constantly (virtually) looking over your shoulder for the next attack.

Well, yeah, honesty is important in any relationship. I wouldn't expect to have that conversation with a one-night stand though. I've never quizzed someone about their sexual history, but no one's ever deliberately hid theirs from me either (that I know of)
Well a one night stand is different I guess, but you mentioned not caring about your partner's history - so I thought you were talking about someone you were dating/in a relationship with. The only thing that's morally right regarding a one night stand in my book is saying wether or not you're trans/diseases/and none of that slipping the condom off halfway through tit. Also making it clear it's a one night stand.

Reactions: 1
I don't see why this is a big deal. Also the word "lady" should have been long since banished to the bowels of hell

Why is it my business who my partner has slept with in the past? Tell me, don't tell me. Either way I wouldn't care. It doesn't bother me in the slightest if an ex has slept with men 🤷‍♀️

There's dogma on both sides of the fence. It's like people have lost the ability to think fluidly. Or they're just scared to
It’s a big deal because you’re about to sleep with them too. Your sexual partner’s history is very much your business. (And if you know anything about sexual health, you’ll know that sleeping with bisexual men is very risky). It’s important to many women and just because you don’t mind, doesn’t mean you are “right” and everyone else should change their sexuality to match yours. It’s absolutely fine that you’re personally not bothered; your body, your choice. It’s not a choice if you’re not told though.

I would never consent to sleeping with a bisexual man. That is not dogma, that is my inalienable right to say no.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
It’s a big deal because you’re about to sleep with them too. Your sexual partner’s history is very much your business. (And if you know anything about sexual health, you’ll know that sleeping with bisexual men is very risky). It’s important to many women and just because you don’t mind, doesn’t mean you are “right” and everyone else should change their sexuality to match yours. It’s absolutely fine that you’re personally not bothered; your body, your choice. It’s not a choice if you’re not told though.

I would never consent to sleeping with a bisexual man. That is not dogma, that is my inalienable right to say no.
Thanks for the sexual health lecture :rolleyes:

Also, please point to the part where I suggested anyone else should change their sexuality to match mine. I don't even know what you are on about, but your aggressive tone blows

Thanks for the sexual health lecture :rolleyes:

Also, please point to the part where I suggested anyone else should change their sexuality to match mine. I don't even know what you are on about, but your aggressive tone blows
The “lecture” you refer to was specifically an answer to your query, paraphrased: “why is my sexual partner’s sexual history my business?”.

Accusing people who disagree with you of being dogmatic and not thinking fluidly makes your tone sound pretty aggressive, and so does you proclaiming that you don’t care about this issue, which is besides the point. The point is that women who do care are being deceived, browbeaten and bullied into sex and relationships that they don’t consent to.

Reactions: 7
The “lecture” you refer to was specifically an answer to your query, paraphrased: “why is my sexual partner’s sexual history my business?”.

Accusing people who disagree with you of being dogmatic and not thinking fluidly makes your tone sound pretty aggressive, and so does you proclaiming that you don’t care about this issue, which is besides the point. The point is that women who do care are being deceived, browbeaten and bullied into sex and relationships that they don’t consent to.
I accused no one of anything. I merely made an observation that there is dogma on both sides of this debate. I can't help it if you chose to interpret that as a personal attack. You moved the goal posts and then attacked me for a position I never took. No one was talking about rape

This is a very interesting scientific take on why we see such high levels of physical and verbal violence from trans women, and why yes, we should be apprehensive about letting them into our spaces.

Also for anyone interested, gender discussions are taking place more on the JK Rowling thread right now if you'd like to join

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Do FTM transgender men ask for changes in the same amount as MTF transgender women do?
Chest feeding because not everyone has breasts, people who have periods instead of women who have periods (another example is someone who received a letter saying they were a ‘person with a cervix‘), changing women to womxn, stating that females give birth, etc etc. It maybe because men’s discussions are reported on as much or that these make more headlines, I’m not sure but it does feel like myself and millions of other cisgendered women need to change the language we have used to refer to ourselves for generations due to a minority? And then I get confused because I though the whole battle for MTF transgender is that they wish to be seen as a women in society? But sometimes being a women in society is about your reproductive rights? Hope I’m explaining myself well.

Reactions: 6
Do FTM transgender men ask for changes in the same amount as MTF transgender women do?
Chest feeding because not everyone has breasts, people who have periods instead of women who have periods (another example is someone who received a letter saying they were a ‘person with a cervix‘), changing women to womxn, stating that females give birth, etc etc. It maybe because men’s discussions are reported on as much or that these make more headlines, I’m not sure but it does feel like myself and millions of other cisgendered women need to change the language we have used to refer to ourselves for generations due to a minority? And then I get confused because I though the whole battle for MTF transgender is that they wish to be seen as a women in society? But sometimes being a women in society is about your reproductive rights? Hope I’m explaining myself well.
Hi so no men don't have those same demands placed on them at all if you look at health literature being proposed. No "prostate havers" no people with prostates need to be checked for prostate cancer, no policying of their language when they speak online of something affecting men. As for the last part it's supposedly because transmen also have a cervix so it's to be inclusive.. however they never keep that same energy for transwomen and mens health.

Reactions: 9
Hi so no men don't have those same demands placed on them at all if you look at health literature being proposed. No "prostate havers" no people with prostates need to be checked for prostate cancer, no policying of their language when they speak online of something affecting men. As for the last part it's supposedly because transmen also have a cervix so it's to be inclusive.. however they never keep that same energy for transwomen and mens health.
‘Policing of language’ was the term I was looking for! Thank you!

Reactions: 4
duck’s sake, the gender essentialism in that. They forgot “running in heels” and “asking my husband for spending money”.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
This is shocking.

The scary thing is, cases of mothers “forcing” their child to be transgender isn’t even unusual. There was a case in the U.K. where Mermaids (them again) were banned from contacting a family after a woman, following their advice, transed her son and removed him from school. He was eventually removed from her care and sent to live with his father.

I suppose you could argue that all “trans” children are being forced into it (vegan cat etc etc) but there’s something extra disturbing about these kids who apparently aren’t even complicit. And it’s always mothers transing their sons.

Ooops! Forgot to take my estrogen for the last 27 years

View attachment 210318

🤢🤢🤢
There’s something creepy about transwomen who affirm that they are equally at risk of sexual assault than women. I think it’s a subtle way of insisting that they pass. It’s another form of validation.

I think it’s also a fetish. Danielle Muscato has written some gross, florid stuff about being sexually assaulted.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.