Gender Discussion #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's a libfem-esque account but the comments left on the original video were just so sad - no wonder so many teen girls give up sport.

Reactions: 1
Like some others, recently my workplace has created a mandatory training module on diversity and being an ally........it covered the spectrum of identities shall we say and basically forces you to sign a pledge that you will be an ally........

I genuinely fail to see where I fit in this world right now. People have their right to identify how they feel, I believe in individual liberty and choice. But I find as someone who just wants to go to work to actually work, that isn't enough anymore and I have to sign up to the latest social or political cause. Its exhausting and I feel affinity with those who have mentioned this previously. I don't want to be idenfitied as anything in work other than being a compentent and considerate individual.

I just feel this is a one way train at the moment that is going to lead to a massive wreckage in a number of years time.

• Wow
Reactions: 30
WTF? I feel like I have woken up in the year 2050 when sex, sexuality and attraction has no meaning......are we stepping in a woke 1984?
I noticed this during lesbian visibility week. Lots of memes basically widening the definition of lesbian to the point of it having no meaning because everyone is valid (unless you are a truscum etc etc etc as pointed out above).

I've also noticed (now I'm paying attention) definition drift in the asexual community. I always thought the word described people who don't experience sexual desire, or experience it very rarely. Now it's a word for whoever finds it 'comfortable' to identify that way. I saw a case online where someone announced they were celibate and thus asexual - something the asexual community has been previously super clear that asexuality is not. But the people who said this in response were shouted down for being unwelcoming and for 'gatekeeping.'

@Phil Anne Throw Pee: the first time I lurked here I was expecting everyone to be on (at the time) 'my side' so I was very surprised when I saw what was the other point of view. When the Keira Bell case happened I decided to look into whether she was a one-off or whether this was a bigger group of people and consequently I found out that it was and felt I had to change my mind on what was going on.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I noticed this during lesbian visibility week. Lots of memes basically widening the definition of lesbian to the point of it having no meaning because everyone is valid (unless you are a truscum etc etc etc as pointed out above).

I've also noticed (now I'm paying attention) definition drift in the asexual community. I always thought the word described people who don't experience sexual desire, or experience it very rarely. Now it's a word for whoever finds it 'comfortable' to identify that way. I saw a case online where someone announced they were celibate and thus asexual - something the asexual community has been previously super clear that asexuality is not. But the people who said this in response were shouted down for being unwelcoming and for 'gatekeeping.'
I don't get that though, a lesbian is generally a woman/female who is attracted to and has sex with other women/females. It maybe the case previously they have had sex with men, but what they do at that time and going forward is how they might identify. Lesbian women don't have sex with men, nor do gay men have sex with women.....the woke lot talk very much in the present and future tense. I'm gay, have had sex with women previously but would not consider it nowadays. I get people might sleep with either sex or the many genders, but it doesn't mean we should redefine everything to suit them.

I've not had intimate relations with someone for a very long time, I'm still gay! Its this constant conveyor belt of redefining everything.....when it doesn't need to happen.

If you don't identify a certain way with the latest trend.....well quite honestly you're fucked and worthless to those who do.

Reactions: 9
I don't get that though, a lesbian is generally a woman/female who is attracted to and has sex with other women/females. It maybe the case previously they have had sex with men, but what they do at that time and going forward is how they might identify. Lesbian women don't have sex with men, nor do gay men have sex with women.....the woke lot talk very much in the present and future tense. I'm gay, have had sex with women previously but would not consider it nowadays. I get people might sleep with either sex or the many genders, but it doesn't mean we should redefine everything to suit them.

I've not had intimate relations with someone for a very long time, I'm still gay! Its this constant conveyor belt of redefining everything.....when it doesn't need to happen.

If you don't identify a certain way with the latest trend.....well quite honestly you're fucked and worthless to those who do.
And I'm quite happy with that, I don't really want or need to identify with a trend full of made u.p non scientific bullshit, I leave that to the narcissists that do. Like pretty much eveyone on here, I have no issue with true (rare) transexuals that go through the transition and then get on with living their life as the person they want to be but all these attention seeking, made up crap needs to get back in the box it came from.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I find as someone who just wants to go to work to actually work, that isn't enough anymore and I have to sign up to the latest social or political cause.
Exactly, I agree so much. I am an efficient worker and I conduct myself politely and professionally and get the job done, which, in the transaction of my labour versus their paying my wages, should be satisfactory. But no, you know have to be subjected to workey and asked to perform. We need to get back to employers only expecting our work, not also our minds and compelling our speech.

Reactions: 11
In my uni training recently we had a transman (you can always tell despite the prematurely receding hairline and the pre teen boy beard look) tell us that the prefix ‘bi’ ACTUALLY means ‘more than one’ to justify that bisexual means you’re attracted to more than two genders. I’ve never seen a bicycle with three wheels... that would be a tricycle 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Exactly, I agree so much. I am an efficient worker and I conduct myself politely and professionally and get the job done, which, in the transaction of my labour versus their paying my wages, should be satisfactory. But no, you know have to be subjected to workey and asked to perform. We need to get back to employers only expecting our work, not also our minds and compelling our speech.
The problem is that employees want more, believe me, as a former employer nothing would've made me happier than my staff just coming in when they were supposed to, doing their jobs well and going home but no I had to bend over backwards to accomodate all their home life issues and dramas.

Reactions: 10
House of Commons, DVLA, Dorset Police and the Ministry of Housing and Local Government all leave Stonewall

(Sorry, can't get the full text of this one, I don't have an account.)

After Nancy Kelley, the head of Stonewall, likened gender critical beliefs to anti-Semitism I think we may see an avalanche of organisations distancing themselves now.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
House of Commons, DVLA, Dorset Police and the Ministry of Housing and Local Government all leave Stonewall

After Nancy Kelley, the head of Stonewall, likened gender critical beliefs to anti-Semitism I think we may see an avalanche of organisations distancing themselves now.
Well.

Reactions: 4

Archived link here!

• Heart
Archived link here!
It seems they are generally unrelated to recent news - perhaps financial reasons? I can see, once you've done the training and implemented recommended changes then it's an extra outgoing that you might want to cut - especially in a pandemic. However I imagine companies that have left might feel now that they are maybe getting off lucky by having gotten off early.

Reactions: 5

Comparing themselves to Jewish people, drawing comparisons between themselves and Jewish people during the holocaust, saying there is a trans genocide are all things I've seen from TRAs the last few days on twitter so I guess the TRAs really are going to die on this hill.

I'm not surprised though because they have pulled this with every other group that faces oppression and discrimination - trying to co-opt their reality.

Comparing themselves to Jewish people, drawing comparisons between themselves and Jewish people during the holocaust, saying there is a trans genocide are all things I've seen from TRAs the last few days on twitter so I guess the TRAs really are going to die on this hill.

I'm not surprised though because they have pulled this with every other group that faces oppression and discrimination - trying to co-opt their reality.
Sorry for the shoddy forum etiquette here but I'm quoting myself since I can't edit -

I think what bothers me about TRAs making these comparisons is that:

1. they do very little to speak out about these things in general, or elevate the voices of people within the actual minorities they're trying to co-opt.
2. the conversation then begins to revolve around trans rights, rather than anti-semitism or racism etc etc.

I just find it maddening, and the fact is, no other group would get away with doing it. TRAs who are ~cis~ allies are bending over backwards to explain why transphobia, "gender critical" views are actually just like anti-semitism when if this was any other group, they'd be calling them out for it.

Last edited:
I know at least three or four people - all libfems, all very much into gender ideology - who claim to feel gender dysphoria or be considering a "non-binary" identity because they feel uncomfortable with having large breasts (or any breasts.) At least one of these is now considering "top surgery" and I feel like her, and the others', problems would be much better addressed through a good bra, weight loss, or maybe a surgical breast reduction

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I know at least three or four people - all libfems, all very much into gender ideology - who claim to feel gender dysphoria or be considering a "non-binary" identity because they feel uncomfortable with having large breasts (or any breasts.) At least one of these is now considering "top surgery" and I feel like her, and the others', problems would be much better addressed through a good bra, weight loss, or maybe a surgical breast reduction
It's weird because I've always felt extremely uncomfortable having boobs (and mine are big which doesn't help lol). I've never been able to put my finger on why. I mean don't get me wrong, I still consider myself female and would never change that, just interesting to know others have felt similar, it never really occured to me anyone else would. Just thought I was weird lol. I've always wondered if it's a deep rooted thing to do with being treated as an object by men and your boobs sort of being a target for that. Seems to me if as a society we could just treat women better, alot of this 'dysphoria' maybe wouldn't even exist in the first place.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
It's weird because I've always felt extremely uncomfortable having boobs (and mine are big which doesn't help lol). I've never been able to put my finger on why. I mean don't get me wrong, I still consider myself female and would never change that, just interesting to know others have felt similar, it never really occured to me anyone else would. Just thought I was weird lol. I've always wondered if it's a deep rooted thing to do with being treated as an object by men and your boobs sort of being a target for that. Seems to me if as a society we could just treat women better, alot of this 'dysphoria' maybe wouldn't even exist in the first place.
That's an interesting angle, thank you. I do question it with the small group of people I know because almost all are overweight or have back problems (all exacerbated by having big boobs) so I wonder if a less drastic intervention would help more than total removal

Reactions: 8
That's an interesting angle, thank you. I do question it with the small group of people I know because almost all are overweight or have back problems (all exacerbated by having big boobs) so I wonder if a less drastic intervention would help more than total removal
Big boobs can cause back pain, make you look bigger than you are because you have to size up. Also sports bras over a d cup are in short supply - I have found one suitable for 36F - and can hinder energetic exercise if they aren’t strapped down.

it’s such a common complaint, it’s never been a cause to be nonbinery before.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Big boobs can cause back pain, make you look bigger than you are because you have to size up. Also sports bras over a d cup are in short supply - I have found one suitable for 36F - and can hinder energetic exercise if they aren’t strapped down.
It's a difficult one, yeah. Some people really need a breast reduction for medical reasons

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.