Gender Discussion #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Netflix just announced the cast of The Sandman (drama based on the comic written by Neil Gaiman) and it included pronouns next to every actor's name, predictably there's only one "they/them" in the cast and everyone else's match their sex. Cue mass TRA "omg so PROGRESSIVE every casting announcement should have this, NORMALIZE our pronouns!!!!!"

• Sick
Reactions: 17
I was looking at a 4th edition of a book that was initially published in 1995 - what are the changes between the third and fourth?

- a few more citations
- to say that they, the authors (two women) have cisgender privilege
- to say that they recognise that 'gender is fluid' and have therefore used gender neutral pronouns for everyone who hasn't personally told them, or publicly stated, their pronouns.

But surely, by that logic, if gender is fluid then they shouldn't use pronouns at all because they might change in the future and then the book will be historically misgendering a person.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
It's all very sinister and confusing. 10 years ago I pointed at laughed at the tin hats now are making sense and the global establishment has a woke agenda. I just don't get why?

Reactions: 5
These self indulgent bores need to get a life and some hobbies. The sooner covid ends and the world goes back to normal the better. Maybe then these idiots will stop navel gazing for 5 minutes

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Do you know what? An honest confession. When I first joined Tattle and read this thread, I was taken aback at how such a cool forum was so transphobic. Once I started reading and thinking, it occurred to me that the reason I thought like that is because we are all BRAINWASHED into this transphobia nonsense. Honestly, society is going to hell in a handcart.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I've no doubt that TRAs would say that you were brainwashed by here and not the other way around. But its true, once you see it you can't unsee it. I think we all started out thinking that this was just about old school post OP transsexuals. Loads of people still think that way and don't realise the definition of trans now can mean almost anything at all

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Do you know what? An honest confession. When I first joined Tattle and read this thread, I was taken aback at how such a cool forum was so transphobic. Once I started reading and thinking, it occurred to me that the reason I thought like that is because we are all BRAINWASHED into this transphobia nonsense. Honestly, society is going to hell in a handcart.
Welcome to peaktrans!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
This whole thread - what in the actual heck am I reading 😂

Some of the replies are quite well reasoned thankfully.

A lot of people saying you can't redefine a word just to fit your agenda. Although, as often seen, the OP has blocked anyone who says such things rather than having a sensible debate

Reactions: 11
There's a bunch of replies saying lesbians can't like men but they can use he/him pronouns. Wut? They say pronouns don't necessarily denote your gender, but then wtf are they for then and why does everyone make such a huge deal about them? I try to understand but I feel like trying to make sense of their nonsense just leads you further into wonderland.

Reactions: 14
I have known trans women in the past who are a million miles removed from the current lot. They felt like they were living a lie, and just wanted to feel comfortable in their own skin. They were just doing their thing, not aggressive, not attention seeking or demanding. The generation now, and coming up, are aggressive, attention seeking, entitled, self absorbed, part of a cult almost. It’s like they can’t stand to be ignored, they want maximum respect whilst trampling down women’s hard fought over rights. That would be bearable if the rest of the world was not kowtowing to their antics. It’s laughable/scary what is happening in women’s sport. They have got too much time on their hands. A lot of people have had their eyes opened in the last year. And at some point, enough will be enough.

Reactions: 23
The generation now, and coming up, are aggressive, attention seeking, entitled, self absorbed, part of a cult almost. It’s like they can’t stand to be ignored, they want maximum respect whilst trampling down women’s hard fought over rights.
It almost sounds like you are describing men there..... 🤔

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.