Gender Discussion #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Continue discussing here :)

My copy of Kathleen Stock's Material Girls has arrived, which I am looking forward to reading.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Sorry if this has already been mentioned.

Can't wait to wish my Mum a Happy Birthing People's Day next mother's day :unsure:😣

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
I have been looking at universities to do my masters degree at, one I'm really looking at had an "Ask a current Student" page of which, nearly all, started off their introductions as "Hi, My name is ____ (she/her) or (he/him)..." I'm like...okay...I don't get it as if I ever contacted that person, I'd refer to them as "You" anyway as I am directly speaking to them. I guess it's better than people just expecting you to know if they're not her/him, but then again if gendered pronouns isn't a big deal why is there so much focus on it.

Reactions: 18
I have been looking at universities to do my masters degree at, one I'm really looking at had an "Ask a current Student" page of which, nearly all, started off their introductions as "Hi, My name is ____ (she/her) or (he/him)..." I'm like...okay...I don't get it as if I ever contacted that person, I'd refer to them as "You" anyway as I am directly speaking to them. I guess it's better than people just expecting you to know if they're not her/him, but then again if gendered pronouns isn't a big deal why is there so much focus on it.
I don't think any uni has escaped pronouns now 😔 It just looks silly on info pages like that.

Reactions: 11
What a shame that what seems like an important bill to support black women has been overshadowed and what a massive own goal for the American left who are pushing people into the arms of the right with this kind of lunacy.

Reactions: 19
What a shame that what seems like an important bill to support black woman has been overshadowed and what a massive own goal for the American left who are pushing people into the arms of the right with this kind of lunacy.
Well said. I'm as liberal as they come and they're losing me with this. Beyond insulting.

Reactions: 22
Not sure why the link breaks when I try to share it here but screenshots from the latest post of that Instagram account that was discussed here the other day

Yesss you beautiful lady, PREACH!!!
20210506_213841.jpg

20210506_213853.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Sorry if this has already been mentioned.

Can't wait to wish my Mum a Happy Birthing People's Day next mother's day :unsure:😣

"it's not just cis gender women that can get pregnant"

But... It pretty much is. Let's be realistic. I've not seen any stats on this but would love to know how many pregnancies trans men represent. Women get pregnant. Not men.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Jesus wept. One of the responses from a Liberal Democrat candidate, from here.

In line with Welsh Liberal Democrat policy, I reject any discrimination based upon race, colour, religion, age, disability, sex or sexual orientation, and as such support the Equality Act 2010's provisions against discrimination on the basis of any of the protected characteristics included in the Act.

I’m afraid I do not agree with the analysis of Merched Cymru (or indeed of Fair Play For Women) that protecting trans women from discrimination on the basis of gender identity poses any substantial threat to the rights of women. Trans women are women and suffer many of the same oppressions cis women do, if not more because of rheotic such as yours. All women deserve to live free from discrimination, and facing one group’s rights off against another is unhelpful. As a cis queer woman, I do not feel it is right to gatekeep the definition of what it means to be a woman. I have been a proud advocate for trans rights as well as ensuring diversity and anti-discrimination is at the heart of what the Welsh Liberal Democrats do, as well as what Wales can do. My vision for Wales that I am working tirelessly towards is open, inclusive, intersectional and kind, it is a shame yours isn't.

“Trans women are women and suffer many of the same oppressions cis women do, if not more because of rheotic such as yours.” lol duck off.

Merched Cymru link for context.

Reactions: 16
I still don't get what they think is the uniting common denominator between women and transwomen. It seems like they think it's the fight against the patriarchy and misogyny but I'd much rather be defined by my physical body than being a victim of men?

ETA: Regarding my previous post, sorry it wasn't the same Insta account as before but it was in response to the backlash the other account got

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
“Trans women are women and suffer many of the same oppressions cis women do, if not more because of rheotic such as yours.”
For example...? I've noticed lately that no TRAs/allies ever really qualify these things with examples, whereas most GC comments do. I don't know if I've just missed them in my blind rage though.

Reactions: 8
Jesus wept. One of the responses from a Liberal Democrat candidate, from here.

In line with Welsh Liberal Democrat policy, I reject any discrimination based upon race, colour, religion, age, disability, sex or sexual orientation, and as such support the Equality Act 2010's provisions against discrimination on the basis of any of the protected characteristics included in the Act.

I’m afraid I do not agree with the analysis of Merched Cymru (or indeed of Fair Play For Women) that protecting trans women from discrimination on the basis of gender identity poses any substantial threat to the rights of women. Trans women are women and suffer many of the same oppressions cis women do, if not more because of rheotic such as yours. All women deserve to live free from discrimination, and facing one group’s rights off against another is unhelpful. As a cis queer woman, I do not feel it is right to gatekeep the definition of what it means to be a woman. I have been a proud advocate for trans rights as well as ensuring diversity and anti-discrimination is at the heart of what the Welsh Liberal Democrats do, as well as what Wales can do. My vision for Wales that I am working tirelessly towards is open, inclusive, intersectional and kind, it is a shame yours isn't.

“Trans women are women and suffer many of the same oppressions cis women do, if not more because of rheotic such as yours.” lol duck off.

Some of those comments are so disheartening. It will be interesting to see all the results of all the elections across GB tomorrow.

Reactions: 6

Really? feminicide is at an all time high in france, a woman, a mother was just shot and burned alive by her ex partner who just got out of prison. But yes trans people are the most oppressed. A week ago (?) a woman in paris was beaten and disfigured by her neighbour in her own appartment while yelling anti-semitic slurs at her then he threw her from a window. He got off scot free because he was having an "episode" when he had no prior history of mental health problems.

• Sad
I'm seeing TRAs gloating over Phoenix Netts' killer turning out to be a real woman, when a lot of GC people suspected her to be a transwoman. I think Graham Linehan said it best: female killers exist, but it's natural to question it given how many murders and sex crimes are now falsely attributed to women. A similar thing happened with the mass shooting at YouTube's offices, and a woman in the US who blew up a public toilet (it turned out she was an addict trying to make drugs.) Funnily enough, a couple of years ago I remember r/gendercynical laughing at the suggestion that someone in Canada who had killed two people and fed them to pigs might be a transwoman. Now that the suspect was recently convicted and is indeed trans, I haven't heard another word out of the TRAs about it since ...

• Heart
I'm seeing TRAs gloating over Phoenix Netts' killer turning out to be a real woman
Yet if ever you needed proof that transwomen are not women this must be possibly the best example, because actual women wouldn't be gloating over the fact that a woman has been violently murdered, regardless of who did it.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Well said. I'm as liberal as they come and they're losing me with this. Beyond insulting.
Yeah I mean I may like doing things that sort of (huge history buff as well with everything else, like the whole principle of say cross dressing tbh I hate labelling things personally speaking, goes back to well all the acting stuff back in the late certainly 1500s to mid/late 1600s were all men, even heels though obviously were made more fem were originally made for men, was to prevent their footwear slipping off stirrups, even pink the deeper the tone of colour the more masculine it was before the 1930s!) yeah that defy say gender stuff but couldn't care less if someone called me a man when yeah it really doesnt bother me one tiny bit,but then considering the medical stuff I've been through have got a really thick sense of humour lol (actually I am a man) lol

Reactions: 2
Not sure why the link breaks when I try to share it here but screenshots from the latest post of that Instagram account that was discussed here the other day

Yesss you beautiful lady, PREACH!!!
View attachment 562794
View attachment 562795
This is one of the best tings I've seen written, concise and to the point, the lack of word salad is refreshing. This post needs to be out i the public eye as it speaks to nearly all Women (apart from the odd loon desperate for attention)

Reactions: 8

Just reply after reply after reply after reply after reply... talking about how it's unnatural and wrong to be homosexual from people on the 'right side of history'. Sometimes things all feel so hopeless.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Oh look, another “pregnant people” tweet from the NHS.

Queue all the TRAs saying “lol the cis terfs say women aren’t people”.

C3BF88A2-57C6-45A0-BEE6-6D9702FFE248.jpeg

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
"it's not just cis gender women that can get pregnant"

But... It pretty much is. Let's be realistic. I've not seen any stats on this but would love to know how many pregnancies trans men represent. Women get pregnant. Not men.
If this is true along with trans women are women then where are all the children born naturally with no medical help ie surrogacy from relationships between a man and a transwoman.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.