Gender Discussion #64

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I went to edit my post but think its too late now so can only quote.

Anyway, my post was quite light hearted but I was actually quite upset as I've been part of the group for 4 years and found it quite useful to be part and also enjoyed it!

I messged the admin afterwards and asked to confirm if the reason I had been banned was because I did not like the term cis.

They messaged back saying [attached]

What i don't understand is, they did not answer my question on what exactly did I say that was transphobic? I literally said I did not like the term cis!

And when they say people commented 'emotional' comments. I don't recall it. But also if they did, why is their opinion more valid than mine?? Why wouldn't they let me have a debate? I'm a decent person* and have never once tried to have an argument on said group

*cis-woman đŸ€Ș
When they talk about how they "educated" you 😂 The bleeping narcissism.

I have a great deal of experience in a couple of areas. Horses being one. And I'm a qualified nail technician. Never once in any discussion have I used that kind of language towards someone with a different opinion to me, even when I have decades of experience on them.

Reactions: 29
Question for the group: do you think the tide is turning? I was hopeful after CASS was released and maybe it is happening but it feels like it’s at a glacial pace. Maybe I’m just tired but I wish it was happening faster. I guess because of all the power players being so invested in making gender ideology work that they’re fighting so hard to avoid change. Honestly, I am longing for the days where we look back at this and shake our heads in disbelief.
Maybe I’m a pessimist but despite the recent apparent ‘wins’ (CASS / the DfE non-statutory guidance for schools re ‘gender-questioning‘ children / the proposed new changes to the NHS Constitution banning TIMs from being treated on female wards), nothing has actually changed yet. All changes currently exist in the form of recommendations, proposals and guidance, which in all likelihood will not be implemented before the next election, and, once Labour get in, risk being abandoned altogether. Just a couple of days ago, I read this article about a council passing a motion to support ‘LGBT+ education in schools across the borough’ (not my borough, but not too far away):
The Conservative amendment, put forward by Councillor Patrick Adams, agreed with the original motion that all publicly funded schools in Bexley should provide information to young people about healthy relationships, including those which are LGBT +

Ostensibly, of course everyone should have accurate information about healthy relationships, but on reading the article, it becomes clear that what they’re really talking about is endorsement of the T:

Data from the Office for National Statistics also showed that transphobic hate crime had risen by 1,211 per cent in England and Wales between 2013 and 2023.

Cllr Borella said: “Transgender people need support, they need our support. We shouldn’t be condemning them.”

He added: “We should wrap round them and give them that support on their journey as they are dealing with the issues I was dealing with in the 80s.”

Presumably they are referring to primary schools as well as secondary, which is particularly frightening. So, does this mean that the borough have now issued a blanket policy to ignore the DfE guidance? There’s a great deal of disparity between what the government are proposing or advising and what is actually going on, so I don’t think there are grounds to be particularly optimistic about the demise of gender ideology at present.

Reactions: 17
So after imposing a law that doesn’t work, and doesn’t recognise women as a protected group, on Scotland, Humza Yousaf is predicted to resign in the next 24 hours because his leadership has no mandate.

Said it before here but picking up on the kids who should be doing something else with their lives, politicians should be doing something else with their powers rather than trying to appease groups who push endlessly splintered identities and can’t identify what a woman is.

Of course, actually working on building a stable and productive life is, like actually putting in place meaningfully policies that work, quite difficult. So you can go on the internet and call yourself a fae non-binary demiboy and scream about how you’re misgendered in Starbucks, and politicians can decide women are a bit boring these days and can’t they just budge up a bit in those prisons for a r*pist with a p*nis.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I wonder if Yousef’s resignation will see a repeal of the hate crime bill, given that it’s both pointless and unworkable?

Reactions: 22
Everything boils down to Social Media. People spend their leisure time on SM rather than out doing things and meeting people and Politicians think that what they see on SM reflects the reality when it doesn't, it's just populated by sad, lonely individuals of which the numbers are growing exponentially as more and more of our daily lives go online and our social circle shrinks.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
From what I understand, the trans women who are killed are often sex workers, and, sadly, that is true for women in sex work. I don't like calling it sex work, I don't think it's a career.

Other than that, trans women put themselves in more danger by pretending they are actually women and then men are angry to find out they have penises. I do not have a clue why someone would fail to disclose that to a prospective sexual partner, it's fundamental to who you are. Again it's men who are the danger

Reactions: 38
Both the council and watchdog need to attend mandatory training sessions in free expression and protected beliefs. Very satisfying. Hopefully they can do the work and educate themselves đŸ€­
I find this judgment very reassuring in case I’m “outed” as a TERF at work. I work for a sensible company but still the risk remains. I’m glad finally there is some common sense here and a recognition that this hounding of women for refusing to adopt a particular ideology is not consistent with employment law.

How we ever got into this mess
!

Reactions: 29
Oh I think the tide is turning albeit slowly

The unpopular Greens out of gov in Scotland
The Cass review and the inevitable legislation
The Meade case and aggravated and exemplary damages being payable due to bodies following stonewall law and not the actual law of the land

Tick tock

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Maybe I’m a pessimist but despite the recent apparent ‘wins’ (CASS / the DfE non-statutory guidance for schools re ‘gender-questioning‘ children / the proposed new changes to the NHS Constitution banning TIMs from being treated on female wards), nothing has actually changed yet. All changes currently exist in the form of recommendations, proposals and guidance, which in all likelihood will not be implemented before the next election, and, once Labour get in, risk being abandoned altogether. Just a couple of days ago, I read this article about a council passing a motion to support ‘LGBT+ education in schools across the borough’ (not my borough, but not too far away):
The Conservative amendment, put forward by Councillor Patrick Adams, agreed with the original motion that all publicly funded schools in Bexley should provide information to young people about healthy relationships, including those which are LGBT +

Ostensibly, of course everyone should have accurate information about healthy relationships, but on reading the article, it becomes clear that what they’re really talking about is endorsement of the T:

Data from the Office for National Statistics also showed that transphobic hate crime had risen by 1,211 per cent in England and Wales between 2013 and 2023.

Cllr Borella said: “Transgender people need support, they need our support. We shouldn’t be condemning them.”

He added: “We should wrap round them and give them that support on their journey as they are dealing with the issues I was dealing with in the 80s.”

Presumably they are referring to primary schools as well as secondary, which is particularly frightening. So, does this mean that the borough have now issued a blanket policy to ignore the DfE guidance? There’s a great deal of disparity between what the government are proposing or advising and what is actually going on, so I don’t think there are grounds to be particularly optimistic about the demise of gender ideology at present.

@Metropolis ...You must live near to me!
I don't disagree in principle with LGBT education. I don't really care if some religious groups don't like it, as far as I'm concerned, religion doesn't trump science, nor does it excuse bigotry against gay people. But I do disagree with teachers, or anyone, telling kids that they might feel like they're "in the wrong body", or that people can change sex. Children are already under immense pressure on SM to look a certain way, or to aspire to attain unrealistic body shapes and sizes. Suggesting to children that botox or breast implants would improve their mental health, would rightly be shouted down, so why is gender-affirming surgery or hormones treated as something beneficial? If teachers think that they're going to ignore the Cass report, they'll hopefully be in for a bit of a shock, I can't see too many parents letting them get away with that, Bexley is hardly full of progressives, it's the epitome of surburbia!
(Unlike my borough, who are working with an LGBT collective who have plans for "Queering urban tree pits"...I've read that sentence many times, and I still can't work out what they're on about! đŸ€ŁđŸ€Ł)

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Queering urban tree pits?
WTAF?
That said, Kew Gardens queered plants the other year, I'm going to a gig there in July and I'll be fully armed with stickers and ribbons.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Queering urban tree pits?
WTAF?
That said, Kew Gardens queered plants the other year, I'm going to a gig there in July and I'll be fully armed with stickers and ribbons.
What? I’m aware some plants have a sex and many have make and female parts but pretty sure they don’t identify as anything

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Came across this from a friend of my Daughter's.
Oh dear.
He was the same one who did a fake crying video as he was scared to leave the house because of the trans people being killed everywhere.
He needs a swift kick up the arse.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.