Gender Discussion #64

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s ridiculous. I reported a man who was sexually harassing every second commenter on a post, including saying he had looked at their profile, and apparently it didn’t go against community standards, even after I requested a second review. Yet on the same post comments were removed that were “transphobic” i.e. refusing to pander to the raging AGP who had posted some irrelevant crap for validation. Boils my wazz it really does!
I left facebook altogether for being given a suspension when a man won a woman's award and my comment literally was - that is unfair.

If I can't speak my basic thoughts on your platform then you don't deserve the revenue you get from selling my information. It's the only way these companies will learn. (Best thing I ever did BTW)

Reactions: 24
I wonder if Billy Bragg heard the slow whistle of the piano as it plummeted through the air and made contact with his head...

I’ve just read this and honestly I couldn’t love it more - I’ve wanged on about this before, but my husband is one of the ‘be kind’ brigade and he has this exact same attitude, that it’s ’being on the wrong side of the table’ to position yourself with these people. Lost count of the number of times I’ve told him Julie Bindel has always been more left-aligned but he doesn’t see anything other than right-wing bigotry at the heart of all this. He loves Billy Bragg as well - thinks he’s a ‘real working class’ hero. There aren’t enough face palms in the world are there? 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
I’ve just read this and honestly I couldn’t love it more - I’ve wanged on about this before, but my husband is one of the ‘be kind’ brigade and he has this exact same attitude, that it’s ’being on the wrong side of the table’ to position yourself with these people. Lost count of the number of times I’ve told him Julie Bindel has always been more left-aligned but he doesn’t see anything other than right-wing bigotry at the heart of all this. He loves Billy Bragg as well - thinks he’s a ‘real working class’ hero. There aren’t enough face palms in the world are there? 😂
Yes the ridiculous left wing vs right wing argument placing Terfs on the right has been very effective brainwashing to liberal minded people. They believe it.

I told a woman I know that I'd been to one of Kellie Jay Keens events and she immediately said "but she's a right wing fascist isn't she?".
Ergo I must be one too 🙄

Liking Billy Bragg though. I would divorce my husband for that 😁

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Came across this from a friend of my Daughter's.
Oh dear.
He was the same one who did a fake crying video as he was scared to leave the house because of the trans people being killed everywhere.
Why do they always use the word asinine? They think using words like that is clever but it generally makes me think of a moody American teenager having a tantrum.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Came across this from a friend of my Daughter's.
Oh dear.
He was the same one who did a fake crying video as he was scared to leave the house because of the trans people being killed everywhere.
He sounds like he needs a warm bath, a cup of hot chocolate and an early night. And to be disconnected from the internet

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Oh I know it's tit.
I stay quiet and keep him around for my amusement.
Quoting myself, but it's actually quite sad if he really believes people are out to kill him.
In fact, it's sad if he doesn't, and is just pretending.
He's just turned 22, lives in London and should be having the time of his life.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Quoting myself, but it's actually quite sad if he really believes people are out to kill him.
But who do they think is out to kill them? Those dangerous Terfs? I'm a woman in my 60s who would probably cross the street to avoid him.
The answer is not marauding lesbians or ordinary women who believe in biological reality. The only people likely to threaten a trans woman are men.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
That’s what stuck with me watching a clip of Julie Bindel and some bloke who’s name I can’t remember. They said all these young people who are in thrall to gender bullshit should be out living their lives and being someone rather than wasting their youth on this.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
But who do they think is out to kill them? Those dangerous Terfs? I'm a woman in my 60s who would probably cross the street to avoid him.
The answer is not marauding lesbians or ordinary women who believe in biological reality. The only people likely to threaten a trans woman are men.
Given what he said about The Cass Report, I'm assuming anyone who rightly takes it seriously.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Yes the ridiculous left wing vs right wing argument placing Terfs on the right has been very effective brainwashing to liberal minded people. They believe it.

I told a woman I know that I'd been to one of Kellie Jay Keens events and she immediately said "but she's a right wing fascist isn't she?".
Ergo I must be one too 🙄

Liking Billy Bragg though. I would divorce my husband for that 😁
So true. Husband cut me off mid-sentence one time when I was speaking about women’s rights being taken away and said “you sound like you’ve been reading the Daily Mail…” 🤬

Daren’t mention KJK - even though I’ve just joined PoW as an affiliate. Oh well.

😂😂😂 I’m honestly tempted to get a compass and scratch all his BB vinyl…

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.