Gender Discussion #64

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

I found this 2015 article on Emily Brothers. He sounds exactly like the entitled, angry, narcissistic man all TIMs are. His poor children were only 12 and 10 when they were told their dad was a woman and he left the London home and moved to the IOW. Poor kids.

He also thinks he passes because nobody says anything to him.
He came out because he was worried about being exposed by the media as his profile increased?
a) he doesn’t pass
b) I’d never heard of him.
c) and he can duck off with the suicide baiting

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
I know Rod Liddle is a rather controversial figure but this did make me laugh 😃

"Emily Brothers was ridiculed by the Sun’s Rod Liddle, who wrote: “Being blind, how did she know she was the wrong sex?”

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I went to edit my post but think its too late now so can only quote.

Anyway, my post was quite light hearted but I was actually quite upset as I've been part of the group for 4 years and found it quite useful to be part and also enjoyed it!

I messged the admin afterwards and asked to confirm if the reason I had been banned was because I did not like the term cis.

They messaged back saying [attached]

What i don't understand is, they did not answer my question on what exactly did I say that was transphobic? I literally said I did not like the term cis!

And when they say people commented 'emotional' comments. I don't recall it. But also if they did, why is their opinion more valid than mine?? Why wouldn't they let me have a debate? I'm a decent person* and have never once tried to have an argument on said group

*cis-woman 🤪
Educate yourself. Do better. Be better. Feel better? Rights are not pie. Be kind. Why do you care, it’s not affecting you? You are obsessed with people’s genitals. Things that didn’t happen for 100. Cisterhood. And on and on 😡😡😡

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 43
He came out because he was worried about being exposed by the media as his profile increased?
a) he doesn’t pass
b) I’d never heard of him.
c) and he can duck off with the suicide baiting
“And then something brought me back. I think it was probably my children. Thinking of my children.”

“Probably” my children. Such a lengthy article and barely any consideration for them at all, at any stage. This was also before he told them so they were younger than 12 and 10.

• Sick
Reactions: 24
I’m an animal lover and in the past reported animal cruelty on FB, but apparently it doesn’t breach community standard, yet heaven forbid you state biological facts about men not being women.
It’s ridiculous. I reported a man who was sexually harassing every second commenter on a post, including saying he had looked at their profile, and apparently it didn’t go against community standards, even after I requested a second review. Yet on the same post comments were removed that were “transphobic” i.e. refusing to pander to the raging AGP who had posted some irrelevant crap for validation. Boils my wazz it really does!

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
Do you think we could do a ‘Go Fund Me’ to get a little island away from the madness that we could live off. Could call it Terf Turf. 😀 I can dream…
I often dream of a woman only island and how nice that would be (even though I have a son) ...Sigh

• Heart
Reactions: 15
"Emotional labour." "Being educated on the subject."

These overly wordy terms seem to remind me of the way cults use euphemisms like that. For instance, Scientology referring to people who leave the Church as "fair game" and refer to critics as "Suppressive Persons." Or the Elan School (look this one up, it's wild, and was both a cult and one of those teenage gulags that Americans seem to allow parents signing up their children for) referred to abusive punishments as a "Learning Experience" and similar.

(The fact that America allows places like Elan and Tranquillity Bay and similar is probably a reason why transactivism is so much more advanced there than here on TERF Island. If you can sign your kids up for behaviour modification gulag and get away with it, then you can sign them up for puberty blockers and get away with it.)

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
"Emotional labour." "Being educated on the subject."

These overly wordy terms seem to remind me of the way cults use euphemisms like that. For instance, Scientology referring to people who leave the Church as "fair game" and refer to critics as "Suppressive Persons." Or the Elan School (look this one up, it's wild, and was both a cult and one of those teenage gulags that Americans seem to allow parents signing up their children for) referred to abusive punishments as a "Learning Experience" and similar.

(The fact that America allows places like Elan and Tranquillity Bay and similar is probably a reason why transactivism is so much more advanced there than here on TERF Island. If you can sign your kids up for behaviour modification gulag and get away with it, then you can sign them up for puberty blockers and get away with it.)
Off-topic but if you want to know about Elan school I would highly recommend looking up mrjoenobody on Reddit, he has made an excellent graphic novel of his time there. (It’s literally the only thing I look at on Reddit now as the whole site is a shitshow).

Reactions: 6
Hi all, I've commented on this thread before but haven't been on in a while and need to have a little rant. Please bear with as quite long.
So I've been part of a Facebook group but don't want to say what it is without giving it away.
The past few months admins have warned people not to start posts saying "hi ladies" or "hi girls", incase it offended those who did not identify as that.
Anyway, I've bit my tongue but last week someone posted something along the lines of 'what do cis-women think about being called cis". What annoyed me was the amount of pandering from women on there saying how much that is what women are. "We are cis!" "I have a trans daughter! I am a cis-woman!" Etc etc.
Then a woman commented saying that if any cis-woman is offended by the term then they are bigots. No argument.
So I commented saying what a ridiculous statement. That I do not like the term cis and I do not want to be called a cis women but does that make me transphobic?
Then afterwards a very condescending comment from someone else asking me to ask myself why do I hate the term? Do I need to dig deeper into myself to find out who I am as a person? I clicked on their profile and it was a man. With long green hair. His profile had about 42 words how he identified and also something about how much they hate terfs!! And if you were a terf to duck off 🤣so anyway I replied to comment that no, I do need to ask myself anything. I don't like the term cis and that's how simple it can be.

I was blocked from the group!!!!
You come onto Tattle, and be amongst the majority , then...... xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Question for the group: do you think the tide is turning? I was hopeful after CASS was released and maybe it is happening but it feels like it’s at a glacial pace. Maybe I’m just tired but I wish it was happening faster. I guess because of all the power players being so invested in making gender ideology work that they’re fighting so hard to avoid change. Honestly, I am longing for the days where we look back at this and shake our heads in disbelief.
Yes, things are changing but it will be slow as there are two issues at play.

Any change within the establishment is always very slow. So while organisations such as the NHS are being forced to change by the government (and public) the wheels that turn outside of central government will turn slower. Due to LGB orgs already being well placed and highly influential when they took over the T lobbying, sadly, activists are absolutely rife across all areas of government, local government and tax payer funded orgs such as the BBC. I think matters of children will change first as it is imperative it does, and the Cass Report highlighted what was happening and changed a lot of opinions which in turn will force Westminster's hand.

The second is it will take a very brave political party to repeal the GRA (which is what is needed to end this hell) and all documents that have been issued since it's inception cancelled. The TRA's are massively influential and I fear they will rear up and really start to fight back at this point. There will be a lot of careers ended because they took the money from TRA groups such as Stonewall, Glaad and HRC (The UN and the WHO is included in this, I can't see how they can survive the backlash).

Women and our rights will be a long way down the list. Eventually, things will return to sanity, but it will take time. I sincerely hope Labour do not get in in the next election to halt the progress that has been made.

Reactions: 27
Yes, things are changing but it will be slow as there are two issues at play.

Any change within the establishment is always very slow. So while organisations such as the NHS are being forced to change by the government (and public) the wheels that turn outside of central government will turn slower. Due to LGB orgs already being well placed and highly influential when they took over the T lobbying, sadly, activists are absolutely rife across all areas of government, local government and tax payer funded orgs such as the BBC. I think matters of children will change first as it is imperative it does, and the Cass Report highlighted what was happening and changed a lot of opinions which in turn will force Westminster's hand.

The second is it will take a very brave political party to repeal the GRA (which is what is needed to end this hell) and all documents that have been issued since it's inception cancelled. The TRA's are massively influential and I fear they will rear up and really start to fight back at this point. There will be a lot of careers ended because they took the money from TRA groups such as Stonewall, Glaad and HRC (The UN and the WHO is included in this, I can't see how they can survive the backlash).

Women and our rights will be a long way down the list. Eventually, things will return to sanity, but it will take time. I sincerely hope Labour do not get in in the next election to halt the progress that has been made.
We won't be going anywhere near Labour in the elections for exactly that reason.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I've commented on 2 trans related stories in the Mail in the last 2 days, and my comments have been removed both times.

One comment said something along the lines of that they didn't need to use cis as a prefix in the article, as woman has worked perfectly well for 100s of years, and why should the majority bend for the minority.

The other comment was on not allowing trans on female only wards. I said it was a no brainer and Stonewall needed binning.

Both comments removed for what seems to be no good reason. Both polite comments.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 39

Anyway, my post was quite light hearted but I was actually quite upset as I've been part of the group for 4 years and found it quite useful to be part and also enjoyed it!

I messged the admin afterwards and asked to confirm if the reason I had been banned was because I did not like the term cis.

What i don't understand is, they did not answer my question on what exactly did I say that was transphobic? I literally said I did not like the term cis!

And when they say people commented 'emotional' comments. I don't recall it. But also if they did, why is their opinion more valid than mine?? Why wouldn't they let me have a debate? I'm a decent person* and have never once tried to have an argument on said group

*cis-woman 🤪
I hate the patronising bullshit about "educating you". Like, I've said several times here (I mean "I've done the emotional labour of educating people") that I and any other intersex person I've met loathes the term "DSD" for our intersex variations, but when people continue to use the term I just shrug. Like "message received, loud and clear" but freedom of speech and thought is more important to me than the emotions that the phrase DSD conjures.

The urge to ban and block and label people for saying words you disagree with, or even words that trigger you or upset you, is such a weird modern trait of fragile people who can't rely on any logic or reason to uphold their ridiculous ideas.

I hope you know you did nothing wrong to in any way deserve to be banned.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

*cis-woman 🤪
Oh for goodness sake who do they think they are? Emotional labour. No they’ve tried to force their opinion on you and tried to make it fact. If anyone needs educating it’s them not you.

• Heart
I hate the patronising bullshit about "educating you". Like, I've said several times here (I mean "I've done the emotional labour of educating people") that I and any other intersex person I've met loathes the term "DSD" for our intersex variations, but when people continue to use the term I just shrug. Like "message received, loud and clear" but freedom of speech and thought is more important to me than the emotions that the phrase DSD conjures.

The urge to ban and block and label people for saying words you disagree with, or even words that trigger you or upset you, is such a weird modern trait of fragile people who can't rely on any logic or reason to uphold their ridiculous ideas.

I hope you know you did nothing wrong to in any way deserve to be banned.
I hope I don’t come across as patronising because it’s not meant like that. I just wanted to say thank you for contributing and “educating” me 😅. I didn’t know that most intersex people hate the term DSD, I’ve only really seen it used in scientific articles or in articles about certain athletes. I will avoid using it out of context in future as I don’t want to upset anyone who actually has a right to be offended.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I wonder if Billy Bragg heard the slow whistle of the piano as it plummeted through the air and made contact with his head...

• Heart
Off-topic but if you want to know about Elan school I would highly recommend looking up mrjoenobody on Reddit, he has made an excellent graphic novel of his time there. (It’s literally the only thing I look at on Reddit now as the whole site is a shitshow).
That's how I discovered that rabbit hole in the first place. Joe Vs Elan is something I was reading from 2019 onwards.

Sadly, those sort of teenage gulags I've been aware of since I myself was a teenager. I learned about Tranquillity Bay and WWASPS in 2003. It's kind of amazing that they all sprouted from the Synanon cult in the 1970s which was basically drug rehabilitation by way of Maoist struggle sessions.

Speaking of cults, wasn't there a couple of attempts to set up TRA only communities? One was something that Greta Martela of the duplicitous charity Trans Lifeline was attempting, to do a commune where they raised alpacas and cultivated weed as a cash crop, and the other was the Tenacious Unicorn Ranch. I think the former flopped but the latter guttered on for a while. I suspect that if they worked they would get very, very, culty indeed. A compound in the middle of nowhere where people are invited to perform manual labour and are forced to validate the leadership, who have access to guns? Come on.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.