Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Exactly - it was discussed in one of these - possible the last one. I was listening while working so wasn't keeping track of which was which...

1713782134905.png

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Le Cochon Roux

Yeah, there’s always so much in-fighting and sub-tweeting and I never have a clue what’s going on.

I think the problem with any movement,
including GC feminism, is that it’s always going to attract narcissists who see it as an opportunity to get themselves attention, status and power.

I usually end up kicking myself when I come across people on Twitter / Twitter Spaces and find myself thinking something feels “off” about them. I ignore my instincts and eventually realise I was right and I unfollow.

There’s the one who calls herself K Carnelian who started out on Tiktok making videos as a woman who was starting to peak. I think this was all an act because within a matter of weeks she’d moved to Twitter with the handle @authenticTERF. She moved too quickly. No one goes from zero to 100 in such a short time.

She seems to be having a lot of beef with a lot of people, some of whom (especially one or two men) are self-appointed big GC cheeses online and I don’t know what they’re here to achieve… other than attention. I tune into Spaces every now and then and most of the time it’s the same people enjoying the sound of their own voices and thinking they’re terribly clever. Which is a shame, because I’ve been in some 🔥 Spaces that have been amazing to listen to.

I also think H Appleyard is nothing but an engagement farmer with her Reddit screenshots and stolen memes and videos.

These people aren’t interested in taking gender ideology down, they’re just out for themselves.
Five years ago they would have been full TWAW because that was then an easy way to farm clicks.

eppingforestbambi

VIP Member
I’m still waiting on a response. They must have had plenty of complaints- I wonder why!

I still need to email them regarding the issue that a previous Tattler highlighted…..that actresses such as Anne Hathaway and Jennifer Anniston are noted as being an “Actor” on BBC News Instagram however a trans women (Hunter Schafer) is called an Actress. Make it make sense!!!
That is very annoying

maytoseptember

VIP Member
Five years ago they would have been full TWAW because that was then an easy way to farm clicks.
Exactly. There’s a lot of bad faith actors out there who have latched onto this movement purely as a vehicle for their own egos.

I see this man in Twitter Spaces all the time, talking an awful lot but never saying much about gender ideology at all. He’s definitely no friend to women.

• Wow

usefullyuseless

VIP Member
Brand new thread here 👇

• Heart

emmer_moans

VIP Member
I liked the His Dark Materials books in the beginning but they got weird at the end. The conclusion seemed to be that, for his heroine, the way she would act against the rigid roles placed on her would be to go and have sex with her boyfriend, something that was described in very bizarre ways as almost like the Creation itself. I remember getting the ick at the time that this middle aged man was writing about this young girl like that. I think he's tried to revise that since and say they didn't have sex but the implication was that this 13ish year old went off with this boy and 'lost her innocence'
I'd completely forgotten this part, it's been years since I read it. :sick:

• Sick

Ilovemusic

VIP Member
"WingsOverScotland" has an in-depth article..."Grooming Class" detailing LGBT Youth Scotland and their insidious creep into primary schools.

Hollaaa

VIP Member
Speaking of Big Lin (as she is known elsewhere on this site) Linda Riley, here's Diva magazine's take on the Cass Review - somehow turning calls for additional research, investment and scrutiny into a very bad thing for healthcare:

• Heart
A random wondering: does anyone know what happened to Lily Madigan? After being all over the media cosying up to Corbyn as proof of how ‘progressive’ Labour was, whilst begging for cash on Facebook, in the last few years Lily seems to have vanished without a trace.
Just got to wondering, as after the exchanges in parliament this week, and with an upcoming GE, Labour (like many other organisations/individuals) are presumably going to start trying to rewrite their recent history.

I was interested to see this on BBC, and that she has now revealed what she is suing for. The PL and NUFC have allegedly been spying on and doxxed her. (Tbh I stop following her as she was retweeting some borderline stuff around St. George’s Day but) I feel this case could be important and I’m still disgusted at what has happened so far.

• Sad

Silverspin

Early 50s and I don't remember any issues with any mental health problems at school or elsewhere. There were people smoking, or playing truant and the odd girl got pregnant, but that's about it.
the difference between yourself and the person posting about the pervasive issues is likely advent of the internet and existence of mobile phones to the degree kids have them

I was finishing up when the internet was a curiosity and altavista was king of search - nobody had a mobile except the odd parent who ran a business

there was bullying that nearly everyone was subject to at least some of but resilience was high,no suicides even attempted, nobody that I knew used medication as far as I was able to find out

but yeah the bullying was screwed up - based on which day of the week and if I was doing normal home route, needed to get to the public library or went elsewhere for sports clubs etc I knew which different set of bullies were on each of 4 bus routes around the city and what to prepare for.

goths were as wacky as it got.

• Sad