Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Avenged7Fold

VIP Member
It's not just larger businesses that do this to people who complain.

I know personally a lass who likes her cake. Specifically, "Bruce" from Get Baked in Wakefield. It's a big multi-layered slice of chocolate on chocolate cake and it went viral or something and was limited to one per customer. Well. Her old man is wheelchair bound and when she wasn't allowed to buy one for her and one for him because he couldn't get his wheelchair into the shop because narrow doors, she complained. And rightly so. Disability discrimination and all that, and then also posted on Reddit about it.

This allowed Get Baked, because they're the sort of people who interminably google themselves, to go through all her previous Reddit posts and found stuff that they deemed "transphobic" because she doesn't believe the TWAW shibboleths and "racist" because she doesn't agree with uncontrolled mass migration. Their response was to:

1. Ban her from the store forever.

2. Report her Reddit posts to West Yorkshire Police (home of the Lesbian Nana).

3. Make a donation allegedly in her name to a charity "to assist you in repenting for your atrocious behaviour." Their words not mine.

4. Threaten to sue for harassment if she continued to contact them.

Now how fucking petty is that. Had a valid complaint, but because she was morally unfit, it wasn't made out. Going through complainants' social media just to smear them. That's low. That's lower than Himdia's nutsack in 10 years' time, in fact. If I did that to disgruntled clients in my line of work I would be struck off and I would bloody deserve it.

I suck at making cakes. But were I in her shoes I would have learned to just so I could have put up a stall with my own superior version of Bruce right outside their front door at a lower price for sale in green white and purple boxes, and defied them to sue.

Needless to say, there's another business to put on the shit list.
Get Baked are arseholes. They used to have a burger place and we went once. Burgers were ok but their whole marketing was based around drug use (get baked) and being controversial for the sake of it. They are rude to customers online and just generally dicks. The student left love them though.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Just thought I'd share this again just in case anyone wants to sign it.

Attachments

blahblahboring

VIP Member
That must be so frustrating. Trying to concentrate on getting better but having to be careful you don’t let your guard down in case they try to foist a pervert on you for care.

I have a chronic illness and spent years in and out of hospital, it's behaving for now but there's no cure, so I'll be back in that situation again, and I absolutely will want to refuse any care from Transwomen, and intimate care from men.
I say want to as it's a lung problem and when you can't breathe it's bloody hard to fight your corner.
[/QUOTE]

Mugglewump

VIP Member
Last time I had one I had to sit around in an open backed hospital gown in the designated waiting room so I could be ready to go in once it was all wiped down from the last woman scanned, and keep the whole thing moving at maximum efficiency. Having no men in the area is an entirely reasonable expectation.
Absolutely, I hate those gowns, they leave you with no dignity at all.
---
I had the EXACT same thought. It's an unusual crime for a girl. Not impossible, but unusual. So I had a moment of doubt, wondering whether it was a trans identified boy. Again, not impossible (depressingly!)
Isn't it awful that we're wondering though?
We expect to be told the truth.

Just started watching Fallout and immediately clocked the very obvious (very tall, but in a model-esque way) trans man. My husband mentioned it before I did. Who do these people think they are kidding? And in what post apocalyptic scenario would it make sense to have trans people? It really pisses me off when they shoehorn a trans actor in for no reason. Just takes me out of the story because it’s so unrealistic, like the transwoman teacher in the Queen’s Gambit, set decades ago! 🙄🙄🙄
Ah I’m disappointed, was going to watch this with my son as he loves the franchise. It will take me out of the story as well. Just have to grin and bear it I suppose, you don’t pass up the chance to spend time with your teenager! I wonder how long it will take for him to notice…🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I'm absolutely dying and need to share this. One of our friends has gone back on drugs and keeps turning up with other random drug addicts. Tonight it's an AGP "transwoman". He looks ridiculous and apparently smells horrendous according to my friend (I've never had a sense of smell since covid two years ago, thankfully).

Anyway, my housemates ex mother in law who she's still close with came round to pick up some tobacco we had ordered for her, walked in, looked this dude up and down and sarcastic as fuck went "Well, that's attractive isn't it" and walked back out 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Made my night.
t4by1.jpg

Thanks' for sharing that with us. I needed something funny to laugh at today.

• Haha

Tofino

VIP Member
but the stereotype is true. The cost of women’s unpaid labour is astronomical and leaves them uncompensated in terms of pensions, wage increases, NI contributions, promotion opportunities and so on.

removing the stereotype doesn’t mean it’s not true and is more erasure of womens work
absolutely agree the stereotype is true and a massive problem, I just don’t think large corporations such as Iceland should be feeding into that stereotype for their marketing campaigns to make a profit from us. And most likely lining the pockets of men as a result. It just reinforces the stereotype that it’s a woman’s/mum’s only job when it shouldn’t be.

appleskin

Chatty Member
Checking a few policies and many use same gender - basically have a relative act as a chaperone :( else I would be making sure the dr\medical staff are putting themselves at risk getting a sick in the head man being a chaperone
Just checked a trust close to me, the woman asked did send to my trust but they never got back but likely the same
There has been a string of cases involving women being murdered here by menbut here's the fucking health trust bowing to the NB and trans

• Angry
  • Sad

Piff paff puff

VIP Member
I'm not being sarcastic or anything (God knows Ireland isn't much better atm) but why do people vote for the SNP? Is it all down to independence or is there another reason?
I think it just looks as though they're popular as there's a low voting number (about a third) and a coalition with the greens. Labour are doing better than usual lately there. I think those who previously voted for them have had enough now.

DoraMaar

VIP Member
Twitter idiots have been regurgitating Daniel Radcliffe’s words from years ago trying to get likes again today. One of the most popular examples:

Radcliffe hasn’t said anything about the Cass review and he only put out the expected soundbites four years ago, but it isn’t stopping people heralding him as some kind of “ally” and “icon.”
He has been working with the Trevor Project for a long time

ETA

• Angry
  • Sad

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
Ha! She’s not very convincing. I just thought it was a GI Jane type girl. Never crossed my mind it was meant to be a male character 😂
Same here. I just finished watching the series and thought the character was a woman living in a male world! Although thinking about it, there were no other women in the Brotherhood 😄

• Haha