Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I had never heard of Lily Madigan so I've just been googling him and he sounds like a real nasty piece of work, a very entitled male. All the articles about him are old though, although in one he described himself as a male bodied lesbian ffs...🙄
It was a very strange moment in time: the Labour Party saw fit to (highly controversially) appoint a female-identifying teenage boy as a ‘women’s officer’, and Lily was feted everywhere as ‘the future of the Labour Party’. This was (iirc) a contributing factor in the instigation of the #labourlosingwomen hashtag. Lily’s backstory was very unclear, not least the issue of whether Lily had a gender recognition certificate or not.
Lily made regular accusations of transphobia against other party members and spent most of their time pleading poverty and begging for cash on Facebook/Twitter. There were also some allegations of sexual impropriety or some other form of inappropriate behaviour - and then literally, in the blink of an eye, Lily was gone, and there is currently no trace of them anywhere online. Lily no longer seems to exist.

It’s bizarre, from start to finish.
---
The most recent thing I could find on him was this:
View attachment 2882473
A disgusting individual and a very dark period in Labour’s history.
Thanks - I can’t find anything any later than around then either.

Its very odd for for someone who was so enthusiastic about courting the media and garnering publicity to vanish as quickly and as completely as Lily has seemingly done.

Reactions: 11

VC10

VIP Member
It was very very balanced. Basically said ‘fuck off with the criticism, we’ve been incredibly diligent in accepting evidence, and lots of the ‘studies’ done on GNC kids aren’t robust enough’

It’s only 11m long, so have a listen.
---
View attachment 2888488 In a woman’s group on Facebook. Of course the blokes are edging in and trying to dominate things. This cracker says they are ‘claiming asylum’ in Finland from America. Always claiming victimhood.
Fucking ludicrous. Asylum from the USA? What's he hiding?

• Heart

Piff paff puff

VIP Member
Soooooooo they weren't inclusive for the last 50 years? :unsure:
Another victim of the EDI lot aka trans lobby, that's their number one cause.
No mums here, they're now 'outdated' 🤨 Not. Inclusive. At. All.
Screenshot_2024-04-22-12-10-07-748_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Haha

Metropolis

VIP Member
Is Kathleen Stock anti-vax? Surely not! But this excerpt is a bit mad conflating ear piercing, circumcision and vaccines - "More mundanely, many parents vaccinate their children, circumcise baby boys, or pierce girls’ ears — not because they are sadists (of course), but because they believe that benefits outweigh somewhat painful costs."
It is a bit of a strange analogy, but I think she was trying to say that a lot of the decisions parents make or don’t make for the benefit of their kids are the result of moral or religious reasoning (she also gave the example of Christian Scientists denying their children medical treatment) and that some parents have been led into a belief system where they think it would be ‘immoral’ not to go down the medical pathway.

Silverspin

Re kids and mental health- there has been so much change in society in the last 40 years. There are many children living with divorced/split parents, with multiple half/step siblings. Of course, no one should be in an abusive/ unhappy marriage. But, it is not easy packing up and moving houses every few weeks, sharing rooms with new people, sharing your parent with another family. When parents are caring, proactive and considerate it can really work. Sadly, I see a lot professionally where the fall out of it all is very hard on children.
according to the Gottmans (made their own strand of therapy/psychology , 30+ years of researching relationships & wellbeing) - having divorced parents statistically knocks 4 years off your life expectancy and then being divorced yourself takes off an additional 4 (statistically!)
so yeah its demonstrably destabilising people long term
---
From the philanthropy section of JK's wiki page:

But yes shes done nothing but tweet about trans people....
this is great, it needs a parody image to go around the web where it attributes it all to Emma Watson then corrects itself JUST in little print at the bottom of the image.. OK maybe medium print.

• Wow

Tea_and_Biscuits

Speaking of the NHS:
View attachment 2876950
I decided to look up the Radiation Safety Regulations to see what their wording was, and instead found the Ionising Radiation (Medical Exposure) Regulations 2017, which is a Statutory Instrument applying to the whole of the UK. It uses the wording 'individuals capable of childbearing or breastfeeding'.

Specific poster location in Scotland removed for privacy reasons.
A while back I worked on an imaging research project. Part of my role was to screen study participants before their scan to make sure it was safe for them to have the procedure. All our participants were over 65 but I still had to ask the pregnancy question, albeit only to women. The research team had discussed at length about whether to include the pregnancy question given how unlikely it would be given the study age inclusion criteria but it was decided to keep it in due to IR(ME)R regulations.
I always used to make a joke about it with the participants and fortunately no one got offended!

• Heart
I’ve just seen the news about the school stabbing in Wales. Headlines are saying it was a girl who has been arrested, but I’m automatically wondering if that is actually the case. It’s the world we live in I suppose.
It’s like the shooting at the offices of YouTube a few years ago or a supposed attempted bombing at Target in the USA (actually caused by an addict blowing up a bathroom while trying to make drugs.) Both involved actual women but a lot of people were asking questions specifically because TIM suspects are always reported as women

holliebollie

Chatty Member
@petitspois I loved ‘All That Remains’ by Sue Black. She made it clear that sexing skeletons is the most important step for identification. HOWEVER 🙄 in her next book, Written in Bone, she talks about a case of remains found with women’s clothes but MALE looking bones. How on earth?! Is it a manly woman? Could it be… a man dressed up?! Yes! I could have figured that out 🤦🏻‍♀️ She uses ‘she’ for said person who was known for being ‘trans’ in the community and sadly committed s*e in the woods. I’ve gone right off her- I’m easily swayed 😆

• Wow
  • Sad
I've only had one mammogram so far and it was in a mobile unit. I think there were two changing cubicles and although it was very well equipped it was still quite a small space and I would not want to be in there with a man.

Avenged7Fold

VIP Member
If you’ve got Twitter and want a good laugh, go read this thread. Someone has accused JKR of being a man (again) and she’s run with it. The posts about her giving birth through her penis had me crying with laughter !

• Haha

Tofino

VIP Member
Gender GP have been named at Brianna Ghey’s inquest, along with GIDS. Does this mean Brianna had contact with Gender GP? Or just that the coroner will just check if B did?

The coroner also said she will also examine whether Brianna was appropriately supported by relevant agencies involved with supporting people with issues of gender, eating disorders and mental health.

Agencies named at the hearing included the Gender GP counselling service and the Gender Identity Development Service.

Brianna Ghey inquest to look into killer's school transfer https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-68791262

maytoseptember

VIP Member
Kirstie Allsop is the epitome of a dumb aristocrat. Very expensive education no doubt, but she’s never actually had to use her brains. Money, a plummy accent and a shedload of confidence has got her far in life.

A random wondering: does anyone know what happened to Lily Madigan? After being all over the media cosying up to Corbyn as proof of how ‘progressive’ Labour was, whilst begging for cash on Facebook, in the last few years Lily seems to have vanished without a trace.
Hopefully he’s living his life as Liam and trying to pretend that Lily (not to mention some accusations of sexual harrassment, IIRC?) never happened.