Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tofino

VIP Member
Help me 😩

Take That fan since the 90s. Tour starts today and some idiot somewhere has decided to pick pink and blue for tour branding and all I can see is the bloody trans flag colours 😩😩 it’s on all their merchandise with the This Life logo.

Am I going insane?!

IMG_6778.jpeg

• Sick
Reactions: 6

AbnormalFrog

Chatty Member
Just started watching Fallout and immediately clocked the very obvious (very tall, but in a model-esque way) trans man. My husband mentioned it before I did. Who do these people think they are kidding? And in what post apocalyptic scenario would it make sense to have trans people? It really pisses me off when they shoehorn a trans actor in for no reason. Just takes me out of the story because it’s so unrealistic, like the transwoman teacher in the Queen’s Gambit, set decades ago! 🙄🙄🙄
Yup. She's obvious within a few seconds of being on screen. Totally breaks the immersion..

petty_cynical

VIP Member
You'd think, but as we all know, safeguarding is, "hateful".
How the fuck did we get here?
Stonewall (and alike organisations) paid staff fearful they wouldn’t have a job after SSM marriage legalised. Using the Yogyakarta Principles & Judith Butler theory to justify a new cause to keep them employed (totally my guess btw).
---
I love JKR, that is all.
Ditto.

Last edited:

Salted Caramel

VIP Member
Yup. She's obvious within a few seconds of being on screen. Totally breaks the immersion..
Also, I did raise an eyebrow at the character's storyline. Bottles out of serving, so self harms. Really not sure this is the positive representation the trans community would hope for!

petty_cynical

VIP Member
Australia: Is there a date set for Justice Robert Bromwich to hand down a ruling for the Giggle vs.Tickle case ? May end up going to the high court anyway ?

• Heart
Reactions: 5

VC10

VIP Member
I think Kirsty Alsopps mother had breast cancer for 17 years, eventually dying of it.....so maybe....... Kirstie does have a slightly different view....especially if her sisters have had their breasts removed to eliminate the chance of Breast cancer, as did Angelina Jolie!

Im not particularly trying to defend Kirstie or her attitude, but in a way it might be useful if someone like Kirstie could be persuaded to openly discuss gender issues? She is a successful C4 presenter, who could bring an awful lot to a debate about trans issues, because of her visibility but also because she is generally pretty good at presenting things on TV in a positive light. ( some of the people she has found houses for, or suggestions for houses cannot have been easy to take, and she always has a positive to say about the most dreadful of craft creations she is presented with.)

It would be great to get her interviewing India or whatever his name is, and others, and then happily interviewing JKR or Sharron Davies.... She could even do a session with women preparing home made TERF t shirts or similar.
It'll never happen........

Is her daughter actually her son? I seem to remember their kids when younger and they were both boys and I'm sure this "girl" looks like "she" has an Adams apple...https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-13312931/Naomi-Watts-child-Kai-identical-Dior-fashion-show.html

NoHintOfDrama

VIP Member
This poor girl has been failed by the NHS. Why was she not sent for psychotherapy to find out why she wants to 'other' herself in the first place? Did something happen? Death of a family member or some other trauma? Why was she given a mastectomy at all? I am absolutely against the tax payer funding of any cosmetic surgery, so why when women cannot get sterilised after having children, has this been allowed to happen?

It is harming people - it is completely harming your niece and everyone else who must collude in this lie.

I hope she gets to the root of her very clear issues.
No NHS involved. They’ve lived in the USA since 2013 as her father is American.

skronkywildcat

VIP Member
That’s exactly what Cass said - that the quality of the studies was so poor, she and her team had to discount them. The fact that TRAs are using that as some kind of gotcha really proves how stupid they are.

There’s an excellent article by Kathleen Stock https://unherd.com/2024/04/the-liberal-lessons-of-the-cass-report/ about how dumbed down the report is in an attempt to convince the true believers but cult members are not easily persuaded.

I also find it really sad that they don’t feel children who are gender questioning deserve the same level of robust evidence based care as all children. We have parents who won’t give their children childhood vaccines despite excellent evidence they are effective and adverse outcomes are rare but others are pumping their kids full of drugs that will kill their sexual development and fertility. How can that not be child abuse?

Is Kathleen Stock anti-vax? Surely not! But this excerpt is a bit mad conflating ear piercing, circumcision and vaccines - "More mundanely, many parents vaccinate their children, circumcise baby boys, or pierce girls’ ears — not because they are sadists (of course), but because they believe that benefits outweigh somewhat painful costs."

• Wow