Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

BlairWaldorf86

VIP Member
Can anyone explain what is the difference between a) being asexual and b) being at the far left of the spectrum of sexual libido, where 0 is zero libido and 10 is permanently horny (obviously most people fluctuate throughout life anyway).

Why does it need a special name?

Reactions: 8
I agree with everything else on this list, and I understand why this one is there, but I find it really sad that because of the TRA banshees, the value of EDI generally is being reduced to nothing. EDI shouldn't and never was just about trans issues, and in my experience with employment law cases, there are so many other EDI issues where having a dedicated resource is actually very important - talking pregnant women where managers are trying to sack them, people being discriminated against being of their faith, people facing homophobic bullying in the workplace, women being passed over for promotions or routinely paid less than men for the same job, etc etc. These issues should come under the HR remit but seem to be better handled by managers with proper training in the Equality Act which not all HR professionals do seem to have. This is another issue for me with TRA bollocks - other people will undoubtedly suffer because I think your list is what will end up happening at some point, and some of these things (like cutting EDI managers) are a kind of snap reaction, or shall we say a more extreme response to match the extremity of the TRA screeching, and there will be other people who will no longer benefit from those services as they were actually intended to be used
No. Fuck 'em.

They are way over paid, usually gay men who have implemented anti women policies by stealth. As a straight, white woman who is a mother, and a good one - who is vilified every second of every day for being myself, for raising my children correctly. No more. No. Fuck off. No.

I absolutely do not care about LGB or T any more - my kindness has been abused far too much. They need to fend for themselves like the rest of us. I'm not suggesting removing rights, but I am supporting shutting the rainbow brigade down. No public funding, no flaming pride, no more be kind. We were warned they'd go for our children, and they did. We were warned they would lower morality in society and they have. There really is no benefit to people like me to support this rubbish any more. I've been kind, and no one has been kind to women in return. LGB&T have shown their actions far exceed my words and support.

This must END. And I will win this one. Women, like myself who are vilified by the LGBT horror show for being boring, you know who we are married to? Yeah, the blokes in suits who make the decisions.

• Wow
  • Heart

Metropolis

VIP Member
Crispin Blunt - another one who has been very vocal on trans rights and trampling over women. They do seem to have a bit of an issue with some of their supporters being sexpests (allegedly)
View attachment 2533460
Don’t know why, but Blunt has always put my heckles up. As well as being a misogynist and pweirdo apologist (https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/crispin-blunt-apology-imran-ahmad-khan-b2056162.html), it wouldn’t surprise me at all if it was discovered he preyed on young men.

• Sad

soph30

VIP Member
1698952650744.png
Sorry for cross posting if anyone's in both threads, but we're discussing this on the Snag thread and I made the point that surely genuine dysphorics or non binary people wouldn't want 'separate' underwear, they'd want to be included? :(

hazelnot

Chatty Member
These days I struggle to find new comedies that arevactually genuinely funny. Brooklyn ‘99 being one I can watch because it doesn’t take itself seriously. Parks and Recreation is also funny, but other than that, I’m struggling to find comedies to enjoy. They don’t make them like they used to!
I totally agree. I really liked Shrinking that came out on Apple TV semi-recently, that might be worth a go.

The Inbetweeners also holds up, although it's obviously not new. (Funny watching it now thinking even though it was made as recently as 2008 it probably wouldn't make it through in 2023!) HBO series Dave also cracked me up WAY more than I thought it would, although it's a bit rogue and definitely not along the same lines as Parks & Rec et al.

Metropolis

VIP Member
Apparently it was International Pronouns Day on 18th October - who knew? I came across this from Devon Partnership NHS Trust which in which a psychotherapist working for the trust (ie someone charged with offering therapy to support the mental well-being of individuals experiencing difficulties) seems to centre her own needs first and foremost. I’m guessing for most of her clients, someone’s choice of pronouns isn’t going to be on the radar in their list of priorities.

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 7

Metropolis

VIP Member
As one of the comments points out, white heterosexual males are not a marginalised community. I wonder how the young women in this photo feel about having these imposters gatecrash their group?

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Angry

Tea_and_Biscuits

I'm in my 50s and I still dress similarly to how I did in as a student in the 90s (grunge/goth inspired looks with DMs or biker boots). I do buy from M&S but it's usually only their nightwear!

Anyway...speaking of men wearing their fetishes out in public..... 🙄
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ng-writhing-ground?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other
---
Not sure the link worked properly so I'll try again!

Last edited:
  • Heart
So… where would you like me to find the information to “educate myself”? Or that’s right, it doesn’t exist. It’s just flimflam fancy of the moment 🤨

Edit to add: the overriding message is that me, as a ridiculous heterosexual woman is always going to be wrong about everything to do with all other people’s sexuality. When the truth is, I don’t give a f*ck who you f*ck! Just piss off out of my spaces
Exactly and stop trying to make me give a shit!

Lovespizza

What does living in your assumed gender really mean though?

There are a lot of women posting in this group and the Venn diagram we drew of all of us wouldn't overlap on many things I'd imagine, XX chromosomes, female frames, female anatomy etc, those would all be things we could agree on (not excluding people who are intersex or those who have had necessary surgery like hysterectomies) but we wouldn't all have long hair, wear make up, wear dresses, wear high heels, giggle at things, like pink so how can someone 'inhabit a gender' when what being a woman means is so different? I'm not celebrating Caitlyn Jenner as a woman because he bought a wig and got boobs, reducing being a woman to aesthetics is selling womankind short, I don't become more or less a woman in a hoodie or a little black dress
Means living up to gender stereotypes normally as historically the 2 psychiatrists needed to sign off on a GD diagnosis were invariably white male and middle class. I think things like changing name by deed poll then changing driving licence etc would also count but 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Sad