Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

klarakluckbag

VIP Member
I totally agree. I really liked Shrinking that came out on Apple TV semi-recently, that might be worth a go.

The Inbetweeners also holds up, although it's obviously not new. (Funny watching it now thinking even though it was made as recently as 2008 it probably wouldn't make it through in 2023!) HBO series Dave also cracked me up WAY more than I thought it would, although it's a bit rogue and definitely not along the same lines as Parks & Rec et al.
If you're in the Southern Hemisphere, there's a series called "Mr Black" which is quite fun...

Reactions: 3

PryingPenny

Chatty Member
A lot of PR has been done to convince us all that Caster is an “exceptional” case of someone raised as a girl who didn’t know they had male anatomy, but it’s more straightforward than this in reality.
You're still missing my point. At what time in their life did it become obvious they were male? If it wasn't obvious in childhood and they were raised as a girl, this is a lot to have to deal with and process for a person.

Reactions: 3

Sea

VIP Member
That’s not what the article says though? The article says that the ruling is they don’t have to have undergone sterilisation to be able to get a GRC and they’ve passed the other rule regarding the need for them ‘to have sexual organs that look like their chosen gender’ ie that they’re post op down to a lower court to decide. There’s another few rules including must be 18 or over, must be unmarried and must not have children under a certain age. The transwoman who took out the case was presumably hoping she could keep her balls to have kids and keep her ‘girl dick’ 🤦🏻‍♀️🙄 but still get a GRC. Japan actually seem to (currently) have sensible legislation so far, depending on what the lower court decides about the having to be post-op to get a GRC. Keeps most if not all AGP’s out of the women only spaces at least
I must have misread as I read it as:
The ruling states they don't need to have surgery for sterilisation anymore (which to me meant that originally you couldn’t claim to be another sex but still want to continue conceiving using the fertility organs you were born with). I'm torn as it seems barbaric to force sterilisation, however I think it's wrong to bring in children when the parent is so messed up.

Also that Japan will slowly soften their rules.

• Sad
Reactions: 2

PryingPenny

Chatty Member
View attachment 2557100

Will these medals ever be taken away and awarded to the real female winners? Or are the IOC not brave enough to admit they fucked up?
I don't think that biological males should be allowed to compete against women. But it seems like the guidelines aren't consistent at all, so you can run at a shorter distance but not a longer one if you have higher testosterone, and you can have testosterone 4 times higher than an average woman. But if a woman were to take testosterone to boost her performance would this actually be allowed?

PryingPenny

Chatty Member
I am not missing your point, I am making a different one.
To me, this is an issue which can be dealt with firmly but with compassion too, so I wouldn't have the same vitriol in this situation as I would against someone obviously an AGP wanting to be in a women's changing room.

I think we aren't arguing against each other, just making different points. I feel for those who feel they are in 'the wrong body' but don't think surgery would 'fix' this issue for them, they are dysphoric. However for Caster this is an actual case where they may feel like a man but not have the male body on the outside, so there is a real case for hormone therapy or surgery, but that would mean not competing in women's sports for sure

VC10

VIP Member
My definition of what makes someone a woman, are mainly biological, There is the XX genes, and the primary and secondary sex characteristics, like breasts, a vagina, a womb, periods. lack of facial hair, higher voices, wider hips and smaller stature, and hormone surges during puberty.

Being a woman does link into hormones as well, with mood swings, menopause, pregnancy etc

But then again hormones also affect boys and men, with the rarely known theory that boys have a testosterone surge at about 3 or 4, which could be why boys are more energetic as young children, as they are trying to cope with a testosterone surge, and girls are calmer and better at early social skills and fine motor skills at a younger age.
Then hormones must affect girls and boys at secondary school age.... with periods, more facial hair etc etc.....

I just cannot see how we can ignore all this basic biology......
Well, we all don't because we are all noal , well adjusted people, aren't we- but they do............... 😶😒

It reads badly but I’m wondering if @smellyfootballboots is using LGB as a shorthand for the flag waving, rainbow hair, “queer” activist crowd? (Wrongly of course…) It makes more sense if so, but sorry to try and put words in your mouth if not. I just can’t believe anyone on this thread would be homophobic, so trying to make sense of it?
No, I've been on this thread since early 2020. If I were the raging homophobe I've been accused of today, it would have come up before now.

I do see that the silencing of women and our views is still being shut down, even by other women.

Reactions: 1