Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Skyline89

I'm out in Australia & was interested to see which politicians would react to Kelly Jay Keen coming out here with "Let Women Speak"
Moira Deeming from our conservative-ish party attended and wound up expelled from her party and Katherine Deves formerly of the same party but kind of out of office because when she ran for a seat people resurrected Tweets where she slammed men & boys in womens sports.
neither of them are feminists, certainly not RadFem.

Moira Deeming spoke with Andrew Doyle at the weekend and it's (unsurprisingly) shocking that they used Wikipedia to bring a case against her.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 4

Couchcollie

Did anyone see that odd sorry about a month ago about the Indian athlete Nandini Agasara being accused of being transgender and the competitor took back the accusation? I’m not sure what the truth of it is but I can fully see why the accusation was made.

• Wow

Limetree

Where are the comments? I have searched the bbc website and can’t see anything. Thanks in advance for any links.

Lovespizza

I must have misread as I read it as:
The ruling states they don't need to have surgery for sterilisation anymore (which to me meant that originally you couldn’t claim to be another sex but still want to continue conceiving using the fertility organs you were born with). I'm torn as it seems barbaric to force sterilisation, however I think it's wrong to bring in children when the parent is so messed up.

Also that Japan will slowly soften their rules.
Yeah don’t need to have had a hysterectomy or vasectomy anymore but still need to be post-op on the visible sexual organs so will still mean the transwomen can’t have kids (unless they freeze their sperm) but the transmen could potentially as long as they had a c-section to give birth.

Hopefully common sense will prevail and the lower court will rule against it or at least it will still go through full court system which will take so long all this madness might’ve changed back to a more sensible and biologically accurate approach 🤞🏻

If you become this unpleasant after drinking, you may want to address that…

You can’t lump all LGBT+ people together. It’s the Trans part of that which is causing the problem. There may be LGB people who support them but that doesn’t mean we lump them all together. There are also lots of straight people who support trans rights, are you going to drink more wine tomorrow and go on another rant about them?
Do I not fit your 'nice woman' image? - I am human and things get on my nerves, I'll try to smile more, would you like a sandwich?

I've apologised several times. I won't apologise again.

To the post about my being a feminist - I'm not one.

To the post about it being T and not LGB - you are wrong. There and many many LGB who fully support the T. How on earth do those who don't support it expect to be seen and separate at this stage?

To the post asking if only straight women who are allowed to vent - I think you'll find the LB pile on I've just received answered your question.

Just a thought before I head off.. Why do women, feel the need to silence other women so desperately?

• Sick
  • Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 3

Metropolis

VIP Member
Did anyone see that odd sorry about a month ago about the Indian athlete Nandini Agasara being accused of being transgender and the competitor took back the accusation? I’m not sure what the truth of it is but I can fully see why the accusation was made.
Yes, I did. Having looked at Agasara’s instagram, it’s my view that Swapna Barman (the other competitor) may have a point:
However, everything I saw reported in the Indian press (including YouTube channels), took a very dim view of the accusation and I wonder whether Barman has been forced to withdraw her comments.

Lovespizza

Don’t know where to start with this to be honest but to accuse ‘them’ of coming for children is such outdated homophobic 💩 it’s verging on parody. This is a space to discuss gender issues, not one for blatant homophobia.

More homophobia
Imo you are either
1. A troll
2. Having a breakdown.

Contrary to your view of LGB people I am against self id, against gender stereotypes, for single sex spaces, think gender dysphoria/trans should be thoroughly and properly investigated for reasons such as ND, sexual abuse, homophobia and bigoted family/friends before any medication let alone surgery.

Most LGB people want to live their lives happily and quietly the same as heterosexual people can. Unhinged rants make that all the more difficult.
I had a few wines and I have apologised already. However, why should I not be able to vent my frustration? Isn't silencing women how this started in the first place?

I have been on this thread since early 2020, I'm not a troll. You can call me any name you like, I'm used to it, I don't care.

Last remark I'm to make on my comment above: My point was, I see no reason to maintain the endless rainbow celebration or even why anyone needs to recognise your sexuality? As you say, just live your lives.

While, I am sure there are several LGB people on this thread who do not support the TQ, how on earth are you going to actually separate yourselves from the (hefty majority) LGB people who do fully support the TQ, in the eyes of the world who are majoritively not LGBTQ?

PryingPenny

Chatty Member
These days I struggle to find new comedies that arevactually genuinely funny. Brooklyn ‘99 being one I can watch because it doesn’t take itself seriously. Parks and Recreation is also funny, but other than that, I’m struggling to find comedies to enjoy. They don’t make them like they used to!
Raising Hope which is on Disney is very funny and quite irreverent

emm

VIP Member
I teach English as a foreign language , so tempted to start teaching this as if it is a standard idiom 🤣

• Haha

PryingPenny

Chatty Member
The comments are truly vile. Whether you agree with her views or not, how on earth can you think you’re not a bully when you write those sort of things?
I'm looking at the BBC announcement on the strictly page on Facebook and haven't seen any negative ones so far