Gender Discussion #50

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I completely disagree with womb transplants. Transplants should only ever be done for a medical need and not a medical want.
What medical need could there be??? To have children??? Just accept that you can't have kids!!! I'm sorry but TOUGH.

Some women can pop out babies like dogs and some women can't. Just like some men can father umpteen children and some men cant. Even with medical intervention like IVF, it doesn't always work put for people.

And yes these crackpots want wombs to have children. I'm not sure if they'll be happy with the 30 odd year of periods.

These idiots want to cherry pick bits of being a woman. They wouldn't last 10 minutes being a woman.

Kill me now!!! Just kill me now!!!

Reactions: 34
Wow whoever wrote that it totally deluded. Just because they take female hormones they think it actually makes them women. There has been a shortage or meds for HRT for women yet men seem to be able to get their hands on it and I think that is so wrong.
---

That Reddit link - some of the topic titles on there are so disturbing...one about "how my boobs are so big I can lick them"...🤢
It's been an absolute eye-opener for me to spend time reading trans posts on Reddit. There's mostly a mix of confused teenagers and men with AGP. :sick:

The sub Reddits I read are heavily moderated and any posts that don't follow the trans mantra are swiftly deleted. As a result these subs are mostly echo chambers, reinforcing many of their pseudo scientific ideas and the notion that they are being persecuted.

Even so, there are many squabbles between members of the communities as they try to bend science to fit their own views and also decide what is and isn't transphobic.

Reading Reddit was a big factor in making me peak.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Reactions: 19
I don't agree with it, it's a major (traumatic) surgery and unnecessary.
It is easy for me to say that the recipient sister should accept she was born without a womb and has lived her live without one all her life.
I think just because we can doesn't mean we should

I appreciate it's clearly a trauma for her not to have had a physical womb and not to have children, but I just don't agree with the transplant.
I feel the same - about this and surrogacy.

There is a line we have crossed and the only people who are going to benefit are those who can exploit it, financially or emotionally.

I have kids - I love them to bits, but if I hadn't been able to have them I would have accepted the fact. Adults do NOT "have a right to a child" - a child has a right to loving parents, and the child's rights are the only ones that matter in this dynamic.

Already surrogacy is being exploited and women and children are suffering, Yes, there are doubtless some successful surrogacies, but only for the commissioning parents - for the mothers and the children this is wrong in so many ways. I hope we are still many years away from regular womb transplants, and an eternity away from them for men - because:

a) It will become another form of exploitation for women - at present surrogates bodies are "rented" to provide babies for people who may or may not be sincere (there is evidence that paedophiles have exploited this). Women are already being "pimped" into surrogacy in many countries. Once womb transplants are viable, poor women will be pushed into selling their wombs - having major surgery in order to benefit some other, richer woman, or even worse, validate some man's perversion Remember the guy who wanted o have a womb transplant so that he could become pregnant and have an abortion?

b) Any man receiving a womb won't just need a lifetime of anti-rejection drugs and standard female hormones, but heaven only knows how many pregnancy ones. Any pregnancy (God forbid - and it would have to be implanted. I couldn't see ovaries being viable after such a transplant) ensuing within will be washed with a cocktail of drugs and heaven alone knows what effect they may have on a developing foetus.

We really are stepping into a Brave New World where "Mother" is the filthiest word imaginable, and the only thing that matters is the male ego.
---
Yup
Can’t be trusted

im not happy about this, I’m infuriated by the current government and the financial mismanagement and cronyism of the last 12 years, but I can’t vote for that.
From the article:
Annelise Dodds: Labour will fix this injustice by bringing in tougher, fairer hate crime laws so that every category of hate crime is treated as an aggravated offence

Every category of hate crime except misogyny, it seems.
---
But...but...but...once they take hormones they become aKTuAL women. Why is that transphobic doctor talking about differences? There are no differences! Bigot!

Example
View attachment 2398899

Comment is from here:

Just to clarify - I don't agree with any of this nonsense! TIM = Men.
The comments on Reddit are beyond stupid.

And as for the article quoted above - if there are studies that prove the way transwomen's " . . . brains respond to oestrogen show that they recognise it as the correct hormone" :)rolleyes:), Rubbish! If such studies eisted, the TRAs would have them plastered all over the place.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Not just trans related but in general people seem to lean LOT towards filters. Never noticed it so much as I’m not a fan, or on, social media, but I’ve started a remote working job and have access to people’s online accounts and the amount of times I’ve seen someone’s picture and then undertook a video call and been like “what happened to this persons face from pic to vid”? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
In the BBC coverage on womb transplants there was plenty of mention of the strong drugs you need to take to stop rejecting the womb. The risks those drugs pose to the woman. Not ONE reference to how or if those drugs affect the foetus. Maybe it's fine, but it wasn't even addressed. It was far too similar to how TIF pregnancy or men trying to breastfeed gets talked about. I'm all for women's autonomy and making practical and personal choices weighing up the effect on their body Vs what's "best" for a baby, but we're really clear on what those risks and benefits are now. The womb transplant risk to the foetus seems to be an afterthought.

Reactions: 25
Just seen
Currently only hate crimes with a racist or religious motive are classed as aggravated offences, which attract longer sentences.
And yet we have various police forces rocking up at people’s houses and taking them away for questioning / putting them in cells for supposed ‘misgendering’ when no crime has been committed. Even saying a woman is an adult human female is perceived as a hate crime by some. Wankers.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Doubly horrifying because at least in cases where people actually can express themselves, they can at least argue their opinion (even though the fact is what they’re arguing is humanely impossible as humans can’t change sex) but this particular case feels awfully foul, because this person doesn’t have the voice most other people do, given their disability. I am disgusted that someone meant to be in care of someone like a social worker would put forward such a drastic decision on behalf of someone else without their concent
Yes-agreed. Vile. 😡
---
People need to remember this, next General Election.......
Screenshot_20230823-214150_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Angry
Reactions: 14
In the BBC coverage on womb transplants there was plenty of mention of the strong drugs you need to take to stop rejecting the womb. The risks those drugs pose to the woman. Not ONE reference to how or if those drugs affect the foetus. Maybe it's fine, but it wasn't even addressed. It was far too similar to how TIF pregnancy or men trying to breastfeed gets talked about. I'm all for women's autonomy and making practical and personal choices weighing up the effect on their body Vs what's "best" for a baby, but we're really clear on what those risks and benefits are now. The womb transplant risk to the foetus seems to be an afterthought.
Absolutely no way anyone is carrying a baby to full term in one of these surely?!

Reactions: 11
Yes-agreed. Vile. 😡
---
People need to remember this, next General Election.......View attachment 2400129
really frustrates me when it’s being claimed “LGBT abuse is on the rise”. Is it? Are gay people being homophobicly abused because of our sexuality, or is “calling a man a man, and not a woman, like he wishes” count as “homophobia”? No wonder ppl not interested in the topic just shrug and give up and just decide “LGBT topics” are just not worth it. Of course, the LARPers will stop LARPing when it becomes dangerous for them to do so and the ACTUAL gay and lesbians will have to keep taking the hits, as usual, just to live our lives.

• Sad
Reactions: 24
really frustrates me when it’s being claimed “LGBT abuse is on the rise”. Is it? Are gay people being homophobicly abused because of our sexuality, or is “calling a man a man, and not a woman, like he wishes” count as “homophobia”? No wonder ppl not interested in the topic just shrug and give up and just decide “LGBT topics” are just not worth it. Of course, the LARPers will stop LARPing when it becomes dangerous for them to do so and the ACTUAL gay and lesbians will have to keep taking the hits, as usual, just to live our lives.
Yep, agreed.....

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Eddie Izzard gets talked about a lot on these threads, and often gets compared looks wise to women- Denise Welch is a favourite, and Kerry from this country a bit further up. And it’s done in a very har har, Eddie is trying to be attractive but actually looks like this woman! way.
I am not thread policing, by all means do it if you think it’s funny. I am just saying I don’t. It’s deeply misogynistic. “Eddie izzard trying to be a woman and the best he can manage is Denise welch”. It’s horrible. Denise Welch is an attractive and talented woman actually, not that it should matter. EI is a bloke and therefore looks nothing like a woman. But once again a man dressing up as a woman leads to an actual woman being slurred.

The discourse, the debate, the humour and the analysis here is top rate. Do we really need to make cheap horrible jokes about women’s looks?

Reactions: 39
Eddie Izzard gets talked about a lot on these threads, and often gets compared looks wise to women- Denise Welch is a favourite, and Kerry from this country a bit further up. And it’s done in a very har har, Eddie is trying to be attractive but actually looks like this woman! way.
I am not thread policing, by all means do it if you think it’s funny. I am just saying I don’t. It’s deeply misogynistic. “Eddie izzard trying to be a woman and the best he can manage is Denise welch”. It’s horrible. Denise Welch is an attractive and talented woman actually, not that it should matter. EI is a bloke and therefore looks nothing like a woman. But once again a man dressing up as a woman leads to an actual woman being slurred.

The discourse, the debate, the humour and the analysis here is top rate. Do we really need to make cheap horrible jokes about women’s looks?
Never thought of it this way but in agreement with you. Interested to what women on this thread makes of your post and agree or disagree?

Reactions: 7
The only thing Eddie Izzard and Denise Welch have in common is bleach blonde layered hair, v neck tops and a penchant for red lipstick. I’m not a fan of hers but I agree it’s not constructive to say Eddie looks like her.

I’m hugely offended by how he has destroyed my enjoyment of his early stand up which was best when it was completely random and not related at all to sex or gender ‘cake or death’ ‘Death Star canteen’ ‘drilling cats’ ‘do you have a flag’.

now, he can just take his fetishes and duck off.

Reactions: 31
I've not compared him to those women so I can't comment per se, but i dont like bitching on womens looks, but when i criticise celebs styles i will equally do to male and female.
However, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Denise comparison is they are similarly styled and both are unlikeable, so it's mocking him trying so hard but he is being compared to an unlikeable personality?

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.