Gender Discussion #50

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No surprise that the author of Grandad’s Pride is a non-binary male
He’s also written a book called Grandad’s Camper, which is apparently a ‘Stonewall Honor book’ (whatever that is!) and ‘celebrates love in all its forms’ (🚩 anyone?).
The Mail has another piece about it here:
—————
Also, just read this sobering article in the Telegraph following the UK’s first successful womb transplant (woman to her sister).
(It can be read without subscribing if you click on it and quickly switch to airplane mode).

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
No surprise that the author of Grandad’s Pride is a non-binary male
He’s also written a book called Grandad’s Camper, which is apparently a ‘Stonewall Honor book’ (whatever that is!) and ‘celebrates love in all its forms’ (🚩 anyone?).
The Mail has another piece about it here:
—————
Also, just read this sobering article in the Telegraph following the UK’s first successful womb transplant (woman to her sister).
(It can be read without subscribing if you click on it and quickly switch to airplane mode).
The womb story is on the BBC now. I'm fine with this particular case as it involves 2 Sisters but as with surrogacy, anything else should not be allowed.

Reactions: 14
The womb story is on the BBC now. I'm fine with this particular case as it involves 2 Sisters but as with surrogacy, anything else should not be allowed.
The womb transplant story is in the Mail now.
I find it unethical and theres already a comment asking when men can have them.

• Sick
Reactions: 22
Emily Bridgers looks completely out of place in that spread. They’ve swamped him in a giant jumper and trousers to hide the difference in body shape and the face looks very photoshopped. But not enough. Still stands out as ‘wrong’ when expecting a picture of a person called Emily.

duck him, he’s a cheater who tried to undermine women’s cycling and has correctly been stopped so is now trying to be in Vogue rather than compete with the men as he should.

How can Anna Wintour, who has championed women and gay men throughout her whole career, not be a terf?

EE is an opportunist.

the more I think about it, the more I feel like everyone knows you can’t change sex, but the public validation from being ‘kind’ and ‘inclusive’ is addictive to the media and celebrities. They want the accolades from Gen Z and the TRAs but they are actually some of the least economically generous individuals. They all appear to be students, unemployed, on benefits, full time activists who don’t make money. TRAs aren’t buying vogue, or the items in vogue, so why are the advertisers demanding this sort of capitulation? There is a lot of money Boeing made by Stonewall and Big Pharma with this, but I don’t see trans people as an untapped marketing opportunity for ord. This is unlike, say, gay people or women over a size 12, who are now courted by businesses whereas they were once ignored.

Reactions: 23
Vogue 'Powerhouse 25' women for this year - how hard was it to find 25 noteworthy women? They've included Emily Bridges:mad:

The Vogue 25: Meet The Powerhouse Women Who Made This Year’s Line-Up | British Vogue
Are you bleeping kidding me?!? There's four bleeping billion of us on the planet and they can't find 25?!? If they were one short I wouldn't have minded sitting in as a temporary measure. I mean I have no talents or anything but at least I actually fit the most important criteria. Twats.
Once again men make better women than women.
Bridges is a chancer, like so many of his ilk. He'll be wanking himself into a frenzy at his inclusion on that list.

I'm cross now.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I don't agree with it, it's a major (traumatic) surgery and unnecessary.
It is easy for me to say that the recipient sister should accept she was born without a womb and has lived her live without one all her life.
I think just because we can doesn't mean we should

I appreciate it's clearly a trauma for her not to have had a physical womb and not to have children, but I just don't agree with the transplant.

Reactions: 42
The womb transplant story is in the Mail now.
I find it unethical and theres already a comment asking when men can have them.
Quite simply, men cannot have them. They have none of the supporting physiology involved in sustaining a pregnancy. There are multiple processes happening beyond the uterus to make a pregnancy viable. As just two examples: Blood volume increases by up to 45% and plasma volume by up to 60% during pregnancy, and the female pelvis is designed to accommodate pregnancy growth; the male pelvis is not.

Where would a uterus ‘go’? There isn’t an empty space in the male pelvis just waiting for a uterus to slot into.

Anyone who thinks ‘just implant a womb into someone’ will allow a biologically male body to successfully carry a baby is unbelievably stupid. There is a vast array of supporting systems that allow a female body to carry a pregnancy to full term, and even so pregnancy is still often a problematic process for many women. Male bodies are not designed to adapt to pregnancy the way female bodies are.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 47
The Vogue opening article
'Vogue honours the women defining – and redefining – Britain in 2023'

The only thing Emily is redefining is, what a woman is - he aint one!

Reactions: 23
I don't agree with it, it's a major (traumatic) surgery and unnecessary.
It is easy for me to say that the recipient sister should accept she was born without a womb and has lived her live without one all her life.
I think just because we can doesn't mean we should

I appreciate it's clearly a trauma for her not to have had a physical womb and not to have children, but I just don't agree with the transplant.
Totally agree with you. Life saving organ transplants are one thing, but I don’t feel comfortable with this either. It’s a step too far.
As for men having babies, there’s far more to it than just having a uterus and the whole thing just feels like unnecessary Frankenstein experimentation to me.

Reactions: 33
Quite simply, men cannot have them. They have none of the supporting physiology involved in sustaining a pregnancy. There are multiple processes happening beyond the uterus to make a pregnancy viable. As just two examples: Blood volume increases by up to 45% and plasma volume by up to 60% during pregnancy, and the female pelvis is designed to accommodate pregnancy growth; the male pelvis is not.

Where would a uterus ‘go’? There isn’t an empty space in the male pelvis just waiting for a uterus to slot into.

Anyone who thinks ‘just implant a womb into someone’ will allow a biologically male body to successfully carry a baby is unbelievably stupid. There is a vast array of supporting systems that allow a female body to carry a pregnancy to full term, and even so pregnancy is still often a problematic process for many women. Male bodies are not designed to adapt to pregnancy the way female bodies are.
Sadly this is what one of the doctors had to say.(see picture)
As a side note the women who received the transplant will have it removed once she feels her family is complete to remove the need for the suppression drugs.
Screenshot_20230823_081947_Daily Mail Online.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 13
I think someone is going to try a TW womb transplant in the next 2 years (not in the UK). I also think it’s highly likely the patient will die from complications.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
Went to look at the comments on vogue’s insta post (heartening!) and was stopped in my tracks by the inclusion of Carol Vorderman?! What a joke list hahaha.

Reactions: 8
I think someone is going to try a TW womb transplant in the next 2 years (not in the UK). I also think it’s highly likely the patient will die from complications.
I think you're right. A few years ago I wouldn't believe that any doctor would do something so <<searching for right word>> experimental/Frankensteinium (yeah I know that's not a word) But these days I'm not convinced that everyone in the medical profession has unquestionable ethics.

Reactions: 14
Went to look at the comments on vogue’s insta post (heartening!) and was stopped in my tracks by the inclusion of Carol Vorderman?! What a joke list hahaha.
I'm not a fan of Carol but at least she's a real woman 😄
I've never heard of the majority of women on that list either 🤔

Reactions: 12
It will never happen successfully. Any doctor who thinks it will is delusional and dangerous like Mengele. They will experiment on a TIM and they will die like Lili Elbe.

Reasons a man cannot be pregnant in no particular order

A womb doesn’t float about, it is part of an entire reproductive system and is closed by the cervix (which men don’t have) also there is the birth canal for an exit.
Women produce relaxin which allows pelvic bones to move apart. A baby would have to be sawn out of a man.
The placenta!!! Women create an entire organ to support the baby. Will they invent one of those too?
women create 45% more blood to support growth of baby.
Hormones and more hormones
Baby would be rejected by male body as alien

no woman who has been pregnant thinks this is possible, I didn’t know a lot of this stuff until it was happening to me so I suppose young women and obviously men don’t have the biological knowledge to realize it’s insane. Doctors should know!!

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I think you're right. A few years ago I wouldn't believe that any doctor would do something so <<searching for right word>> experimental/Frankensteinium (yeah I know that's not a word) But these days I'm not convinced that everyone in the medical profession has unquestionable ethics.
There's stories all the time now about people who have had terrible unethical cosmetic surgeries done in places like Turkey. Look at Jessica Alves 🤯 Unnecessary operations like butt implants should be banned IMO. A woman died recently after having weight loss surgery done abroad.
Nobody should have surgery unless it's strictly necessary. I don't understand why its treated so lightly by some people.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Jeremy Vine show today discussing the Womb Transplant story. Will be interested to see who calls in…

Reactions: 6
It will probably be poor Jazz

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Great article:

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.