Gender Discussion #50

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Similarily someone I know who started taking ozempic, just for weight loss and not actual need is now complaining about the shortage.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
I'll just park this here (apologies if already shared)

Saucy little minx!
---

---
Have you seen the pic in its full ‘glory’? 😬
Impressive meat and two veg for a wumman.
I read a similar article earlier and Alice Cooper was being criticised (surprise surprise) for not being more supportive of trans etc because in the past he has pushed the gender boundary so to speak. However to my knowledge he never pretended to be a woman did he, or try to use the women's toilets etc etc...let's just hope he doesn't come back with a grovelling apology.
If Alice Cooper grovels to anyone, them e really ARE in an alternative universe! Will never happen.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I don’t like women being shamed for their looks. Some people have unfortunate faces, but they shouldn’t be publicly shamed.
What Katie Price and Kerry Katina have done to their bodies is ridiculous though, and they deserve to be called out for “influencing” and promoting unnatural surgically altered bodies.
---
I’m happy to report that some of my favourite rock stars are firmly in Terf territory

Haha...I'm definitely one of those with an "unfortunate face" 🤣🤣
I still look like a woman though!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Same here.

I even have slight moustache.

Nobody has ever mistaken me for a man, though.
I've seen so many of them use the 'some cis (🤮) women have facial hair' and it's such a non argument because, like you, I get hair on my face too, just on my chin (thanks pcos)...but I dont look anything like a man. I'm not the most feminine creature in the world but you'd literally never look at me and wonder if I was a man lol

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Some women have facial hair
Some women do not shave at all
Some women have short hair or no hair on their heads
Some women only wear trousers
Some women do not wear make up
Some women do not wear heels
Some women are not attracted to men
Some women do not have a uterus
Some women have high levels of testosterone
Some women are flat chested

all are women

I am so tired of men deciding that they are the same as women because of xyz - it’s nonsense.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I've seen so many of them use the 'some cis (🤮) women have facial hair' and it's such a non argument because, like you, I get hair on my face too, just on my chin (thanks pcos)...but I dont look anything like a man. I'm not the most feminine creature in the world but you'd literally never look at me and wonder if I was a man lol
If I didn't remove my facial hair and let it grow for a week, and my (male) partner didn't shave for the last 24 hours he'd still have a lot more growth than I would. There's just no comparison.

But if I stopped removing it altogether people may notice it and think it looked unsightly (I have odd patches of growth here and there on my chin) but no-one would immediately assume I was a man!

Reactions: 14
‘…a report by the Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport found that biomedical factors, such as bone density and lung size, do not pose an advantage for trans athletes, but that social factors – like nutrition and training quality – may do.'
Say no more. I highly doubt the veracity of any trans-related research supporting that country’s prevailing stance.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
A couple of times recently there’s been famous men, who now these days say they’re women, come up in conversation at work, and when I’m discussing said person, I just either avoid using pronouns or have referred to them as ‘he’. Because until recently that’s what they’ve never claimed not to be…
Anyways, its probably now obvious what my position is to colleagues, but there’s just something in myself where I just cannot go merrily along with now calling them a ‘she’ because maybe I’m a terrible, massive bigot? I don’t know, it’s a funny one to navigate now I feel differently about this whole thing. Do I even care that everyone would think I’m a twit for it? Not sure. I’m guessing this type of thing has come up for others before?

Reactions: 10
You mean Sam Smith and Eddie Izzard? I don’t think referring to either of them as “he” immediately outs you as a raging TERF. Maybe it’s an age thing though - both of you and the person you’re talking to? I’m a millennial and I have consciously thought that I’m probably old enough for plausible deniability, especially if the person I’m talking to is older. Maybe if you’re Gen Z talking to another Gen Z, not so much.

Reactions: 11
Good article here about the study by Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport that Emily quotes in his Vogue interview.

Excellent article. Thank you for linking

Jon Pike is one of the peopleI really miss reading on what used the be the Hellsite.

Reactions: 4
We've now got one at work. Hulking, massive bleeping unit, masses of frizzy hair, about 6'5 and 30 stone, wears cropped trousers and heels. I can't hide my disdain when I look at him. He really thinks he's Cindy Crawford as well. I work for a massive local authority so there are probably loads more I haven't even seen.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
Excellent article. Thank you for linking

Jon Pike is one of the peopleI really miss reading on what used the be the Hellsite.
When I was searching I also found an interesting comment that said it's not just testosterone that gives male athletes an advantage - genetics and other physiological factors give males an advantage over females - so it doesn't matter if testosterone is suppressed or blockers taken before puberty starts, a man will always have a physical advantage over a woman

Reactions: 16
We've now got one at work. Hulking, massive bleeping unit, masses of frizzy hair, about 6'5 and 30 stone, wears cropped trousers and heels. I can't hide my disdain when I look at him. He really thinks he's Cindy Crawford as well. I work for a massive local authority so there are probably loads more I haven't even seen.
It’s been said before but these aren’t really trans are they ? They are transvestite fetishists who are now free to parade their kinks in public 😡

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 22
Even now I am absolutely dumbfounded how we far we have come; applauding men dressed up as perverse caricatures of women and punishing anyone who fails to celebrate the farce.

• Heart
Even now I am absolutely dumbfounded how we far we have come; applauding men dressed up as perverse caricatures of women and punishing anyone who fails to celebrate the farce.

And so many normally intelligent people are falling for it. Yesterday, I saw a tweet from Anna Nolan (Big Brother series 1) who was slagging off Roisin Murphy for making the perfectly sentient point that doling out puberty blockers to tweens is child abuse. So many people are captured and people are constantly conflating being gay with being trans. I'm never going to stop talking about it until the day I die.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.