Gender Discussion #50

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have you seen the pic in its full ‘glory’? 😬
The epitome of womanhood 🤣

I can't bleeping stand Denise Welsh (she's a trans maiden) and I can't stand Eddie Izzard either 😤
Her father was a drag queen.
Shouldn’t the panel have decided that someone using ANY kind of slurs towards a colleague at work is unacceptable? I can’t believe the summary is “Call ‘her’ a wanker and that’s discrimination, but ‘witch’, ‘slag’, ‘cow’ are all fine as it’s ‘affirming’?”
Complete joke - we (as a society) seem to be getting more and more regressive. Speaking personally, I find ‘wanker’ less offensive than ‘witch’ and wouldn’t care if someone used it as an insult against me.

• Wow
Reactions: 18
Vogue's blurb on Bridgers...
"Behind the scenes, she’s donating muscle samples to Loughborough University research to see, once and for all, if transgender athletes do have the “unfair advantage” some claim."
But, but, but....it has already been proven by science and medical experts that transgender athletes DO have an advantage...in speed, power and strength. Maybe Bridger should donate his tongue as a "muscle sample" since it is overworked from lies and untruths.
I think that Bridges will have the same effect as Lia Thomas - peaking loads of people who will see him, and his supporters, for what they are.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Vogue's blurb on Bridgers...
"Behind the scenes, she’s donating muscle samples to Loughborough University research to see, once and for all, if transgender athletes do have the “unfair advantage” some claim."
But, but, but....it has already been proven by science and medical experts that transgender athletes DO have an advantage...in speed, power and strength. Maybe Bridger should donate his tongue as a "muscle sample" since it is overworked from lies and untruths.
Does anyone else get martyr vibes here?

Emily is so determined to further research that proves TIMs don’t have an athletic advantage against females (LOL, you’re going to be waiting a long time love) that he’s even willing to undergo muscle biopsies. Literally spilling flesh and blood for the cause.

Reactions: 16
In work we had a man who wore dresses and tights. Spoke with a silly high voice and reacted to every task with therapy-speak lines like, 'I just need to find my confidence before I can do this'. Definitely lots of issues (autism? Social anxiety? Lack of self confidence?) going on underneath.

Well now he's stopped wearing dresses. He wears a rainbow lanyard and has died his hair purple. It's a very professional workplace so the hair looks out of place. But interesting that he's kinda back-tracked from the full social transition.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
In work we had a man who wore dresses and tights. Spoke with a silly high voice and reacted to every task with therapy-speak lines like, 'I just need to find my confidence before I can do this'. Definitely lots of issues (autism? Social anxiety? Lack of self confidence?) going on underneath.

Well now he's stopped wearing dresses. He wears a rainbow lanyard and has died his hair purple. It's a very professional workplace so the hair looks out of place. But interesting that he's kinda back-tracked from the full social transition.
What happened on days he couldn’t “find his confidence”? Don’t tell me. Everyone else had to work extra hard to pick up the slack while he discovered himself, However he still expected an equal share of the credit because “yay team”?

Reactions: 26
What happened on days he couldn’t “find his confidence”? Don’t tell me. Everyone else had to work extra hard to pick up the slack while he discovered himself, However he still expected an equal share of the credit because “yay team”?
Yup exactly that! Alot of calling in sick with anxiety and what not.

And the rest of us dressed professionally while he wore ill fitting dresses and now gets away with purple hair! Nothing against purple hair, but it's kinda frowned upon in our workplace.

Reactions: 20
I found Emily's whole interview for the Vogue piece and regarding the advantage that trans women have in sports, she says this:

'....Trans inclusion in sports has long been a highly contentious issue due to unsubstantiated concerns about transgender women having a physical advantage over cisgender women. At the end of last year, a report by the Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport found that biomedical factors, such as bone density and lung size, do not pose an advantage for trans athletes, but that social factors – like nutrition and training quality – may do.'

I don't know anything about this dubious Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport, but I can say with 100% certainly that they are talking absolute BS if they really think that biomedical factors aren't important in sport but social factors are. There is nothing contentious about the scientific reality that men who have gone through puberty have a physical advantage that cannot be reversed. Sports that allowed/allow transathletes to compete against women have done so on the flawed basis of inclusivity rather than on scientific factors.

There's more in the article from Emily, but it's just gaslighting stuff like saying that sport is inherently unfair that's why there are winners and losers and why people have to train. Yes, there are winners and losers, but they start from the same base line. If that wasn't the case, why have separate male and female categories in the first place?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
À

I wonder do any of these men welcome the gender pay gap once they decide they're women. I'm sure their employers would be happy to cut their salaries appropriately.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I see TRA's are getting their stinking knickers in a twist over this, it's not confirmed if the account is the singer but plenty of ones going on about how her music appropriates Queer culture! 🤦‍♀️

1692902127309.png

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Go on Roisin. Don’t beg them, just ignore them. You will get there.

Reactions: 17
I don’t like women being shamed for their looks. Some people have unfortunate faces, but they shouldn’t be publicly shamed.
What Katie Price and Kerry Katina have done to their bodies is ridiculous though, and they deserve to be called out for “influencing” and promoting unnatural surgically altered bodies.
---
I’m happy to report that some of my favourite rock stars are firmly in Terf territory

I read a similar article earlier and Alice Cooper was being criticised (surprise surprise) for not being more supportive of trans etc because in the past he has pushed the gender boundary so to speak. However to my knowledge he never pretended to be a woman did he, or try to use the women's toilets etc etc...let's just hope he doesn't come back with a grovelling apology.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I read a similar article earlier and Alice Cooper was being criticised (surprise surprise) for not being more supportive of trans etc because in the past he has pushed the gender boundary so to speak. However to my knowledge he never pretended to be a woman did he, or try to use the women's toilets etc etc...let's just hope he doesn't come back with a grovelling apology.
Hell no, he’s all man !

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.