Gender Discussion #50

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Haven't bothered with trans sub reddits, but my god the "detrans" one is eye opening! Lots of truly distraught young people coming to terms with self inflicted mutilation. The worst thing is that many "detrans" people are now stuck in limbo because the changes made are permanent, even if they are not surgical. Lots of sadness about voices, body hair, breasts and receding hairlines.

And the awful realisation that actually who in the population will be sexually attracted to them now. Young women with no breasts, deep voices and facial hair, and men with curvy hips, breast tissue and erectile dysfunction.

These people are angry, at themselves, the trans echo chamber and the medical establishment.

• Sad
Reactions: 30
Haven't bothered with trans sub reddits, but my god the "detrans" one is eye opening! Lots of truly distraught young people coming to terms with self inflicted mutilation. The worst thing is that many "detrans" people are now stuck in limbo because the changes made are permanent, even if they are not surgical. Lots of sadness about voices, body hair, breasts and receding hairlines.

And the awful realisation that actually who in the population will be sexually attracted to them now. Young women with no breasts, deep voices and facial hair, and men with curvy hips, breast tissue and erectile dysfunction.

These people are angry, at themselves, the trans echo chamber and the medical establishment.
it is SO bleeping SAD.

And frustrating, because the young women/men lamenting afterwards how they shouldn’t have been led down this path, but knowing full well had ANYONE in their lives questioned what they were doing and if it was the right choice, be dismissed as transphobia. I get that young people are being duped. I feel sorry for them. I feel angry against doctors and surgeons performing these surgeries. But my sympathy is rapidly thinning to the individuals involved in this and I know it probably shouldn’t, because this entire movement has affected a nation entirely even if not directly involved, but I am sick to death of hearing the argument “IM TRANS, NO DEBATE” turn into “WHY DIDN’T ANYBODY HELP ME?” People did want to help. You just didn’t want to listen, until it was too late.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
The only thing Eddie Izzard and Denise Welch have in common is bleach blonde layered hair, v neck tops and a penchant for red lipstick. I’m not a fan of hers but I agree it’s not constructive to say Eddie looks like her.

I’m hugely offended by how he has destroyed my enjoyment of his early stand up which was best when it was completely random and not related at all to sex or gender ‘cake or death’ ‘Death Star canteen’ ‘drilling cats’ ‘do you have a flag’.

now, he can just take his fetishes and duck off.
I occasionally find myself quoting some of his stand up and have to stop myself (cesar for yappy type dogs usually as there's an annoying as hell dog near me). I couldn't face watching any of his old stuff now as I'd just see him as the horrible parody of a woman he's become.

Reactions: 9
it is SO bleeping SAD.

And frustrating, because the young women/men lamenting afterwards how they shouldn’t have been led down this path, but knowing full well had ANYONE in their lives questioned what they were doing and if it was the right choice, be dismissed as transphobia. I get that young people are being duped. I feel sorry for them. I feel angry against doctors and surgeons performing these surgeries. But my sympathy is rapidly thinning to the individuals involved in this and I know it probably shouldn’t, because this entire movement has affected a nation entirely even if not directly involved, but I am sick to death of hearing the argument “IM TRANS, NO DEBATE” turn into “WHY DIDN’T ANYBODY HELP ME?” People did want to help. You just didn’t want to listen, until it was too late.
From what I have seen, once a young person has had the surgery/hormones and committed to a lifetime of complications, the trans community have this “duck them” attitude. They spend months or years building confused teens up to surgery and once it’s done they move on to the next one. Kids are getting involved in this culture to fit in and have a sense of belonging but all that goes once the job is done and then they are left to dwell on their choices alone when they have cut off anyone who dared to talk sense.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
Never thought of it this way but in agreement with you. Interested to what women on this thread makes of your post and agree or disagree?
I can't bleeping stand Denise Welsh (she's a trans maiden) and I can't stand Eddie Izzard either 😤
As far as I'm concerned both of them can get in the bin.
So I'll insult Denise freely if she gets mentioned again.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I can't bleeping stand Denise Welsh (she's a trans maiden) and I can't stand Eddie Izzard either 😤

Yes, it's a bit puerile and childish to compare Eddie to Denise et al, but, tbh, it's a non issue for me with the way the world is headed with all the trans lunacy. I see it more as mocking Eddie - he is not, and never will be, anything resembling a real woman.

Reactions: 15
Absolutely no way anyone is carrying a baby to full term in one of these surely?!
I think for many male recipients, he fact that they "have" a womb will be soooo validation - and if one actually manages to explain some modern-day Mengele to implant a foetus - they'll not care about what happens to that baby. Because it proves they are a LAYDEEEE!
---

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Never thought of it this way but in agreement with you. Interested to what women on this thread makes of your post and agree or disagree?
I don’t like women being shamed for their looks. Some people have unfortunate faces, but they shouldn’t be publicly shamed.
What Katie Price and Kerry Katina have done to their bodies is ridiculous though, and they deserve to be called out for “influencing” and promoting unnatural surgically altered bodies.
---
I’m happy to report that some of my favourite rock stars are firmly in Terf territory

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Saw this on my FB feed today. Eddie Izzard has partnered with a gin brand and LOOK at the highly feminised graphic that goes with it.

View attachment 2399771

FFS 🤣 A commenter asked about Eddie’s input into the gin, this is the response.

View attachment 2399772
That graphic looks nothing like Izzard, it looks like Adele which would be very flattering to Izzard's ego! Does he think that image is a true representation of what he sees when he looks in a mirror? Utterly delusional.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I largely agree - she was described as "attractive and talented" upthread (paraphrasing), and to that, all I can say is "perceptions may vary".

However Lizzard, despite his frocks and make-up is still obviously male, and DW, despite her over-application of make-up and unpleasant personality* is still obviously female.

However she supports this gender sh!te so deserves all she gets - and so does he.

*IMO

Reactions: 13
I mean it is a bleeping joke. Just goes to show they have never heard of women's sex toys. Apparently women are too delicate to wank. Remind me what year of Queen Victoria's reign we are in.

Reactions: 17
View attachment 2401141

This sounds like a joke, but it isn’t.
Shouldn’t the panel have decided that someone using ANY kind of slurs towards a colleague at work is unacceptable? I can’t believe the summary is “Call ‘her’ a wanker and that’s discrimination, but ‘witch’, ‘slag’, ‘cow’ are all fine as it’s ‘affirming’?”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
And yet anyone can be called the c word. It’s truly bizarre, all of it. If a horrible TIM was in my way I’d call him a wanker all the live long day, just try and stop me.

Reactions: 22
Emily Bridgers looks completely out of place in that spread. They’ve swamped him in a giant jumper and trousers to hide the difference in body shape and the face looks very photoshopped. But not enough. Still stands out as ‘wrong’ when expecting a picture of a person called Emily.

duck him, he’s a cheater who tried to undermine women’s cycling and has correctly been stopped so is now trying to be in Vogue rather than compete with the men as he should.

How can Anna Wintour, who has championed women and gay men throughout her whole career, not be a terf?

EE is an opportunist.

the more I think about it, the more I feel like everyone knows you can’t change sex, but the public validation from being ‘kind’ and ‘inclusive’ is addictive to the media and celebrities. They want the accolades from Gen Z and the TRAs but they are actually some of the least economically generous individuals. They all appear to be students, unemployed, on benefits, full time activists who don’t make money. TRAs aren’t buying vogue, or the items in vogue, so why are the advertisers demanding this sort of capitulation? There is a lot of money Boeing made by Stonewall and Big Pharma with this, but I don’t see trans people as an untapped marketing opportunity for ord. This is unlike, say, gay people or women over a size 12, who are now courted by businesses whereas they were once ignored.
Vogue's blurb on Bridgers...
"Behind the scenes, she’s donating muscle samples to Loughborough University research to see, once and for all, if transgender athletes do have the “unfair advantage” some claim."
But, but, but....it has already been proven by science and medical experts that transgender athletes DO have an advantage...in speed, power and strength. Maybe Bridger should donate his tongue as a "muscle sample" since it is overworked from lies and untruths.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I occasionally find myself quoting some of his stand up and have to stop myself (cesar for yappy type dogs usually as there's an annoying as hell dog near me). I couldn't face watching any of his old stuff now as I'd just see him as the horrible parody of a woman he's become.
I can't stand him.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.