Gender Discussion #50

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just saw this...makes me so angry. I would never vote for this bunch of idiots in a million years.
The Liberal Democrats will vote on whether to agree that menstruation is 'not just a women's issue' but also one that affects trans people.
The fact that they’d even consider holding a vote on such a bizarre assertion is a red flag as to their abilities to make any sensible decisions. I wouldn’t trust them on anything now tbh.

• Wow
Reactions: 24
Good article in yesterday’s Times about Scotland, the GRR bill and Labour backtracking.
A good article which shows what a bunch of hypocrites the lot of them are. They will say whatever it takes to get elected and I wouldn't trust them not to u turn again afterwards.
---
The Liberal Democrats will vote on whether to agree that menstruation is 'not just a women's issue' but also one that affects trans people.
The fact that they’d even consider holding a vote on such a bizarre assertion is a red flag as to their abilities to make any sensible decisions. I wouldn’t trust them on anything now tbh.
Their leader Ed Davey said categorically that some women can have a penis so I'd never vote for them even regardless of this article. As if there aren't far more pressing issues they could be debating than this. Menstruation is ONLY a women's issue because only biological women can have periods.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
(Going by the headline) If THAT were true, imagine how much research and knowledge we'd have about the reproductive system of women!
/snark

I would never vote for those twerps either.
It's clumsily-put on the lib dem list of period-related discussion topics, but I think they mainly mean that females transitioning to males who haven't (yet) had hysterectomy surgery or long enough on hormone treatment may still have periods. Same if they're non-binary.

Reactions: 7
Reactions: 9
I think genetically, physically and emotionally women are different from men. The problem has been that historically that difference has been seen as a weakness rather than a difference. And there we have the patriarchy in all its glory. Women are not inferior just different, of course we are. We are bloody magnificent, as GG says there is nothing feminine about childbirth. It is arduous, physically demanding, yet men have just seen it as a woman thing, weak.
Damn right!

It isn't called "labour" for nothing!

It's bliddy hard work!
---
I was just looking at historic records of the top 100 baby names on the ONS website. The nearest year they have on record to Himdia’s year of birth (1965) is 1964. That year, Jonathan was the 27th most popular boy's name. The corresponding 27th most popular girl‘s name was Nicola. I doubt there were any little girls born in the UK named India in 1965. Why don’t these male TRAs ever choose a name that is commensurate with the era they were born in?
Who would be Edna when they could be Typhphonee?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
This seems to be from 2008 (the past is a foreign country). None of these people have come forward to support women/GCs (Sean Locke RIP is probably the only one who would have done so). And Dara O'Briain has been critical of Graham Linehan (@Glinner on Twitter)

Disappointed in Dara O'Brien - James Corden is as thick as 🐖:poop:, so no surprises there. Others bend the way the wind blows.
---
How on earth does a nursery think that book is age appropriate for tiny children 😳
At least there's a few reviews on Amazon that agree its not OK
View attachment 2393349View attachment 2393350View attachment 2393352
God almighty! Is that the book? I'd seen the headline, but didn't realise how bad it was.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I'd love to be a fly on the wall with the legal team or civil servants that advise the government. They must have long worked out that the GRA does not sit with the rights of women and children and that the only way is to repeal it.
They knew this from the very beginning back in the 2003 consultation. Women's groups were not given a seat at that table but there was a risk assessment done that advised against men being allowed to enter women's spaces due to the impingement on women's human rights. The 2010 Equality act basically removed the medical aspect and allowed men more powers to change their government ID etc (legal fiction) and since 2015 Stonewall et all have been mis-selling the EA basically as the law they wish it was. There is urgent need for a public enquiry into Stonewall and government agencies.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
I was so pleased for KJT winning, she has worked hard for it. One of my clear memories from London 2012 is her reaction to being introduced to the home crowd, she was totally blown away.

I only saw she had won as Holly Bradshaw posted about it on instagram. I then searched out a clip on the BBC news site - then got pissed off on her behalf because the commentator kept getting her name wrong. I don’t know his name, but recognised the voice and he is one of the stalwarts of the BBC coverage, he had no excuse. I wasn’t sure if was laziness, not caring because it’s just a woman/woman of colour/woman younger than him, or he is past it and can’t remember things.

Reactions: 8
@rainbowlemon

That song is superb!

(Can't reply to you directly for some reason - we all laughed our socks off when we heard it)

Edited to say that your post has disappeared - pity.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
They knew this from the very beginning back in the 2003 consultation. Women's groups were not given a seat at that table but there was a risk assessment done that advised against men being allowed to enter women's spaces due to the impingement on women's human rights. The 2010 Equality act basically removed the medical aspect and allowed men more powers to change their government ID etc (legal fiction) and since 2015 Stonewall et all have been mis-selling the EA basically as the law they wish it was. There is urgent need for a public enquiry into Stonewall and government agencies.
I should add that all of this was done under Labour. Any woman willing to vote Labour in the next election really needs to give her head a wobble. They can't be trusted.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Stunning and brave presenter on the local new this evening, with the biggest hands ever seen.
The unfortunate design of the logo makes it look like Studio Ick at first glance. Which is apt, because that’s what the big bastard is giving me.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
They make everything about them :mad:View attachment 2395160
Jim the Pleb is adapting a quote from Shola Mos-Shogbamimu who he is replying to by changing black to trans. She tweeted that LL was believed and not fired because she was white, and a black nurse would be arrested immediately.

Unsure whether it is to make the point she was being ridiculous or co opt it like Janey Godley.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.